Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2015 Wheel bug help!!!

fogzzz

Ok here it goes.

I have had issues with the F1 2015 game with my G27 wheel for months now. No matter what game mode I play, as soon as I pit, change setup, change tyres or anything to do with pitting my wheels force feedback changes.

The video I will attach shows me on quick race putting in 1 lap in practice. I return to garage go back out for another lap and everything changes. Its as if people are throwing stones at my car. 

I no im not the only one with this issue.

The video dont show what is going on with my wheel.

On the 2nd lap my wheel is like a AK going off. It does crazy into the corners almost uncontrollable. This does not happen on any other racing game or f1 game. 

@Lozzy I have a similar problem with the Thrustmaster T150 wheel. The Force Feedback feels great when I start the game and drive out for the first time, but as soon as I choose return to garage, make a pit stop, load a different setup or change the tyres, the effect of wheel weight/force feedback is reduced by about 30/40% when I leave the pits again, and doesn't come back to its full strength until I restart the game. 

It's not a huge problem because it's perfectly drivable, but it's a shame because the wheel always feels much better in the beginning, the wheel basically becomes too light, even when I have FFB and wheel weight set to 100.

Another wheel problem that's always there, ( except for in the rain somehow) There's a small amount of deadzone in the centre of the wheel,this is making it very hard to drive smooth on straights, because I keep weaving a little bit from left to right instead of driving smoothly in a straight line. A response would be much appreciated :) 

• Codemasters Staff
I've not tried this myself because I don't have a wheel to hand but I've logged a bug and sent it to the handling guys to look in to.

@fogzzz @Worntoathread which platform are you on?

@Lozzy Thanks for the quick response, I'm on PS4. Another thing to look into; Red Bull Racing somehow is the only car that has some built-in steering saturation, on both pad and wheel. So basically it's not 1:1, the RB in-game reaches full lock quicker, and with a pad this is causing some understeer in fast corners because it just steers too much,  it's like that with equal cars online as well, only RBR.

Archived