DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[BUG] softlock is suddenly not working anymore since the latest update

full-version: I can do whatever I want, softlock isn't working anymore since the last update. The Game always use the global-settings from logitech-control-panel instead of car-related-settings. I didn't change anything to my settings/driver/hardware or anything else. All visible conditions are the same as before, I'm playing with softlock-activated since this feature was implemented.

BTW: Why is this Game still full of ridiculous bugs even after release? I have Recorded Videos where the co driver is going crazy. He sometimes changes his voice/the actor, tells me to bend left while I have to bend right or he says "there is a 180°-bend upcoming" WHILE IM INSIDE THIS BEND, and even more: he sometimes goes completely out of sync. Speaking randomly to early or to late all over the Track. Or did i mention the "cant reset car"-bug? I never experienced this in early-access-phase, but since release I messed up so many times while trying to reset my car. (button-smashing reloaded)

I never wrote in this forum because these bugs are fu**ing obvious. Nevertheless Codemasters never fixed most of them, so I guess they will never fix the softlock-bug to. Thats why im writing on this Forum now. Its my last hope this game will ever become fully playable (to me). peace!

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/37552/dirt-rally-steering-angle-of-all-cars-900-driver-setting-since-1-0-soft-lock-doesnt-work

Vranq said: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/37552/dirt-rally-steering-angle-of-all-cars-900-driver-setting-since-1-0-soft-lock-doesnt-work
Thanks! The problem appeared yesterday, not after 1.0 update, but nevertheless this might be helpful. Will check that out today.
versedi said: Escape > Recover Car. End of button smashing.
Thanks, thats a workaround i already get used of (until softlock broked). Anyway, its more inconvenient. Since the button-binding-option is still there, there should also be this "feature".

I tried like everything to fix this!
- reinstalled the game & deleted all Dirt related files in Documents, AppData & ProgramData-folders (100% same effect)
- deleted the files "Vranq" mentioned in his thread (100% same effect)
- I changed wheel_rotation_degrees values in those files (100% same effect)
- I calibrated the wheel ingame 
(100% same effect)
- reinstalled wheel-driver 
(100% same effect)
- tried without logitech-profiler running (wheel is fixed at 180°, nevertheless softlock is fu**ing NOT WORKING)

The Game seem to always use the standard settings, which is set by corresponding Driver-Software (in my case Logitech Profiler). Its like the game forgets/is unable to set his own value.

Since nothing I CAN DO is working, it must be related to your programmcode CODEMASTERS. Are you even give a sh*t? YOUR GAME IS BROKEN! DO YOU MIND GIVING YOUR COSTUMERS ANY KIND OF SUPPORT??? You're not responding at all.

News: I was able to test the softlock feature in Project CARS (thanks to a friend). Surprise! Its 100% working at ALL conditions OUT OF THE BOX! Thats the prove for Codemasters being responsible for this issue. Since they don't give a sh!t about that, there is no other choice left than uninstall DiRT and buy another working alternative and maybe come back another day to see if  they start to slightly give a sh!t.... or not (likelier). I'm done with Codemasters. Ridiculous bugs + no support/no feedback =  0% trustworthy

Are you sure you are talking about DiRT Rally? I'm in doubt here because my co-driver never told me to bend.

Make screenshots of your "Specific in game settings" from Logitech Profiler.

Would you be so kind to give us your wheel model? Which version of Logitech Profiler are you running?

versedi said:
Make screenshots of your "Specific in game settings" from Logitech Profiler.

Would you be so kind to give us your wheel model? Which version of Logitech Profiler are you running?
Now after a while and another update of Dirt Rally and fresh install of my OS from the latest Windows 10 ISO + all updates + all Drivers + Steam, I decided to give Dirt Rally another try. As expected -> 100% same result. Bug have not been fixed by Codemasters (although there are so many Threads about that issue which was introduced after V1.0 Update). I also noticed other issues like, the co-driver now also left out whole bends and many more, but hey... its released since month, why should anybody care about bugs. Anyways,,,, I'll provide some information/screenshots.

Model is "Logitech Driving Force GT"
http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/driving-force-gt

Dirt Rally-settings

Logitech Profiler-version (latest)

Logitech Profiler-settings