DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poor performance after some playtime

Hi Guys

First off my specs:
Lenovo Y50-70
i7-4710Q @ 2,5GhZ
16GB RAM
GTX 860M 4GB
250GB SSD
Windows 10 Pro 64x

i'm running into problems with the game. The performance after the first start is good after some time playing (5-10 Min) the frames start to decrease. It drops to about 15fps which is unplayable. Other games work just fine. I did update my graphicsdriver and BIOS. Anyone got an idea?

Could you monitor your temperatures? These kind of symptoms could be caused by thermal throttling on GPU.

EDIT: some people have said that their GPU is having heavier load in DiRT than any other game so wouldn't brush this off just because other games work.

I'm also having this, but it's barely noticable.. Might be because of last update. It could also be your temps yh..
try blowing out your laptop?

Kakkela said:
Could you monitor your temperatures? These kind of symptoms could be caused by thermal throttling on GPU.

EDIT: some people have said that their GPU is having heavier load in DiRT than any other game so wouldn't brush this off just because other games work.

Kakkela said:

Hi, I ran some tests and started suspecting something was off when i saw the card's clocks going down after running the benchmark in loop. I ended up running furmark and my card is reaching 100ºC and throttling. I think one of the fans of the card's stock cooler is bad but it could also be the thermal paste needing to be replaced. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.