Jump to content Jump to content

PS3 Racenet Challenges (Grid Autosport) not available, can't connect to Racenet

From the beginning i have this problem. The Game didn't answer me for Email and Password for Racenet. Grid 2 did and my PSN ID and Racenetaccount are linked. Support told me i should Open a Port but it did not help. I really do Not know a solution. I have the Download Version. When i click on Racenet i get the answer SERVICE NOT AVAILABLE. TRY AGAIN LATER.

I have also had this problem all weekend . I was hoping it was just a glitch with everyone logging onto the new game from Friday's release and that it would have been sorted this morning, but I was still unable to log on tonight. Online racing is ok but Racenet and it's Challenges are both "Service unavailable"

I see that the Racenet Challenge finishes tomorrow at 11:00 GMT, less than one week after the American launch, so it could be that we in the rest of the world have had only 4 +1/2 days to complete the Challenge, or perhaps we will be able to join when the new Challenge starts Tuesday afternoon. 

Nothing new....reading "new-old" problems as the save game corrupt i´m not surprise with this issue.

Let´s wait tomorrow with the new challenges but my feeling is pretty negative as my experience with CM, again they are making the same mistakes fro the past.

This could be take as a "minor" issue compared to the upcoming massive data save game corrupt, wich is going force many people to said "what a f***!!"; same mistakes, no learning, save game have the MP and SP data, say your prayers if tomorrow or in the next days you´ll see all your progress gone. And forget about a solution. Frustration is the word.

The only thing "good" about that is that CM is not allowed to sell in-game money to progress quickly, and i think that this idea is surrounding the game as the MP is based and created....mmm...i´ll commnet this maybe tomorrow and my thoughts about...but for the moment this game has the same problems as Grid 2 and a bunch of new weird-hesitase to make the party over. An exciting beginning, sad but true.

:|
Thanks for your replies so far, it is beginning to make sense now.  It is not too great a loss if things don't work properly.  Interesting that US has a 'headstart' with challenges, oh well, c'est la vie!

Relax, keep calm and be patient????

ps. For reviewers who say that you can't swap disciplines each season, and the races are too short.  Try looking through the menus and playing for more than half an hour.  25 lap open wheel races no assists and with descent AI on very hard is pretty acceptable in my book.
Duskylad said:

I have also had this problem all weekend . I was hoping it was just a glitch with everyone logging onto the new game from Friday's release and that it would have been sorted this morning, but I was still unable to log on tonight. Online racing is ok but Racenet and it's Challenges are both "Service unavailable"

I see that the Racenet Challenge finishes tomorrow at 11:00 GMT, less than one week after the American launch, so it could be that we in the rest of the world have had only 4 +1/2 days to complete the Challenge, or perhaps we will be able to join when the new Challenge starts Tuesday afternoon. 

Unfortunately we don´t "have luck" this time; since now, with a new week with new challenges, services is unavailable, and my expirience tells me that is not foing to be repared in a LONG, LONG TIME.

My two cents that one of the purpose is "try to reinstall the game", we´ll see. I can´t play today, great CM, great!!
The only solution i could think was to create a new user on psn and start fresh with a new racenet account for grid autosport.  As if like magic there are the racenet challenges.  So must be a corrupted account.

Still heard nothing from CM so will use the new user account from now, probably won't post here again so see you online!

Enjoying the game, just not the racenet hassle...uhhhh
crainto said:
I also have the same problem. I phoned codemaster a who played ignorant saying it was an isolated case. I also purchased the season pass from playstation store and that also won't download.
I created a new user profile and everything works fine now, as for the season pass this is a pre-order item so it won't download yet.  Check the Services List in account settings and it should be listed.
Create a new profile is not a solution, with all my repects, considering that tomorrow will fails another time. The same as corrupted save game file, no fix, no response fron CM since 2012, yes 2012 issue when Dirt Showdown and RaceNet started, then Grid 2 and now 3 days after launch of Autosport again same BIG problem.

And honestly, there´s no solution from CM now, now and maybe in a few weeks, two monhts or so i suposse (based on my experience with them).

About the corrupted file forget any solution, maybe ONLY a few PC users that doesn´t overwrite when the game forces to do, saving the file and trying a "solution" provided by the community, not from CM wich last year tried to make that medium-solution as a property solution with false hopes. I don´t forgot, dear friends, and i can probe i case CM doubts about what i´m saying.

I have the tickets in my mail from 2012, 2013...and now....now not, is a waste of time. I´m sick of it, 3 days and appear the same troubles without solution, and i say that things like lost the entry progress, SP and Online, again and in the same way as Grid 2.

A total disaster povided by CM, once again.
^:)^
andyparks said:
Create a new profile where ps3 or codemaster site
on the ps3 (new user), i did this 2 days ago and still have access to racenet challenges, i will not link this ps3 user id to racenet website as i don't see the point unless you want to join a club, and i think it may mess up the profile again.  i just wanted to do the challenges and some online races.  

I have now discovered if I go onto my sons ps3 and log in with his account racenet works fine, but as soon as I try to log in with my race net user name and password I get a message saying " SIGN IN ERROR -Unable to sign into your Racenet account with the details specified, please check and retry". I can sign in on my iPhone , ipad and laptop but not through my ps3 system. I would like code asters to delete my race net account and let me start a new one with my email address as you can't have two account with the same email address , and I don't want to have another email address and another ps account.
crainto said:
I have now discovered if I go onto my sons ps3 and log in with his account racenet works fine, but as soon as I try to log in with my race net user name and password I get a message saying " SIGN IN ERROR -Unable to sign into your Racenet account with the details specified, please check and retry". I can sign in on my iPhone , ipad and laptop but not through my ps3 system. I would like code asters to delete my race net account and let me start a new one with my email address as you can't have two account with the same email address , and I don't want to have another email address and another ps account.
I was trying and testing a lot ofhours today with differents accounts in a PS3, is possible to link to RaceNet with a new PSN account, sub-account and a new RaceNet accout, but this means obviously a new game and new palyer, so all the progress in RaceNet is lot, all the XP obtained during the past two years and all the prizes.

But the most weird part is that when i tried to race some weekly challenges with the new account, the results figured in the web page as my OLD USER; yes, i know it sounds impossible but is what happened.

But now the problem grows bwcause i can´t link any account in RaceNet, nor the older nor the new....anyone, and with Grid 2 i tried to unlink and the link again and it works perfectly but since the Autosport web now i not exists; weir, strange and confused.

I think that 3 or 4 days ago something has corrupted accounts only related with Autosport but any tries and test make a dissaster results.

I´ll keep trying but is very frustrating because i can play challenges, manage the club and many other tihngs related to Autosport RaceNet.

I hope a solution soon.

Salute.
I have the same problem on PS3 with a digital download game.  Have created a brand new account, linked up my PSN details and keep getting the message 'The RaceNet service is not available.  Please try again later.'  Strange thing is I can connect to lobbies being created and hear people chatting as they set up a race.

Have updated all my TCP/UDP settings on the router to no avail.  Very frustrated as all my other PS3 games work online with no problems.

EDIT:  Just installed F1 2012 on my PS3 and connected to RaceNet with no problems at all.  Definately a fault with Grid Autosport and not my PS3 connection.

EDIT2: I've just put my PS3 into the DMZ on my router just to make sure.  Still has the same problem with Grid Autosport so unless there's some fundamental problem with my PS3 I'm pretty certain the issue is on Codemasters end.
Raylion said:
I have the same problem on PS3 with a digital download game.  Have created a brand new account, linked up my PSN details and keep getting the message 'The RaceNet service is not available.  Please try again later.'  Strange thing is I can connect to lobbies being created and hear people chatting as they set up a race.

Have updated all my TCP/UDP settings on the router to no avail.  Very frustrated as all my other PS3 games work online with no problems.

EDIT:  Just installed F1 2012 on my PS3 and connected to RaceNet with no problems at all.  Definately a fault with Grid Autosport and not my PS3 connection.

EDIT2: I've just put my PS3 into the DMZ on my router just to make sure.  Still has the same problem with Grid Autosport so unless there's some fundamental problem with my PS3 I'm pretty certain the issue is on Codemasters end.
You are rigth, it is a Grid AS exclusive problem with accounts from PSN and Steam; i spent many hours with this issue and i can confiem that the error-mistake is in some point with Codemasters and their servers, linked accounts etc...

There´s nothing strange that you can connect to lobbies in online mode because this doesn´t require a RaceNet account; in fact you can´t un-link the PSN account from the RaceNet account and you´ll be able to play online with any game but not use or play in RaceNet events, stats, clubs etc...

I used my time to help others so i expect that CM correspond doing their job and fixing what is becaming a BORING GAME and with the menace that SP mode could be corrupted save game and lost the only part that is possible to play for many users.

Unfortunately my hopes are very low because of the experience last year in fixing this issues, i believe that they´ll fix in 6 to 8 weeks, or even suggest to play with a new PSN or Steam Account, losing everything (expect any stuid and weird solution as other times)......i´m sick of this and today is a week yet , i don´t enjoy the game, my team is bored, my friends can´t play 80% of them....and my patience is going far, far away....

Salute.
andaya said:
Create a new profile is not a solution, with all my repects, considering that tomorrow will fails another time. The same as corrupted save game file, no fix, no response fron CM since 2012, yes 2012 issue when Dirt Showdown and RaceNet started, then Grid 2 and now 3 days after launch of Autosport again same BIG problem.

And honestly, there´s no solution from CM now, now and maybe in a few weeks, two monhts or so i suposse (based on my experience with them).

About the corrupted file forget any solution, maybe ONLY a few PC users that doesn´t overwrite when the game forces to do, saving the file and trying a "solution" provided by the community, not from CM wich last year tried to make that medium-solution as a property solution with false hopes. I don´t forgot, dear friends, and i can probe i case CM doubts about what i´m saying.

I have the tickets in my mail from 2012, 2013...and now....now not, is a waste of time. I´m sick of it, 3 days and appear the same troubles without solution, and i say that things like lost the entry progress, SP and Online, again and in the same way as Grid 2.

A total disaster povided by CM, once again.
^:)^

I've had an email exchange with customer support regarding PS3 not connecting to RaceNet (I purchased the game as a digital download via the PSN store with the Season Pass at the same time).

The upshot is the following quote:

"There is a known issue with the Season Pass DLC and be unable to connect to racenet in-game. This issue will be corrected by a server update in the next few days."

I received the reply this morning so hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Many thanks to customer support for helping and even providing help on a Sunday afternoon! :)
Raylion said:
I've had an email exchange with customer support regarding PS3 not connecting to RaceNet (I purchased the game as a digital download via the PSN store with the Season Pass at the same time).

The upshot is the following quote:

"There is a known issue with the Season Pass DLC and be unable to connect to racenet in-game. This issue will be corrected by a server update in the next few days."

I received the reply this morning so hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Many thanks to customer support for helping and even providing help on a Sunday afternoon! :)
Ahh, we finally have an answer, many thanks for posting this.  Looking forward to an update then.