F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Where is Red Bull Ring online?

So I've been doing a lot of online racing in every discipline (level 65, 208 races), and I haven't seen Red Bull Ring appear once in the track voting screen, nor have I raced it. Is this done on purpose or a genuine oversight by CM? 

The tracks are already getting slightly overused and I would like to see more variations, and I'm sure that if the RBR was actually used it would help somewhat!

It does seem like some tracks are being favored by the playlists and others completely ignored (Red Bull Ring isn't the only track I've yet to race in this online)

I say Red Bull Ring because it's one obvious omission haha, I haven't done too much single player so I'm not sure on any other tracks. What have you noticed other than that?

One really annoying thing I have found on open wheel is the track selection for the Caterham SP300Rs. The only two tracks you seem to be able to race on is the reversed Hockenheim short circuit and a short version of Mont Tremblant, it gets extremely repetitive.

I've noticed this too.  I've been racing in touring cars, nearly 150 races and still haven't seen Red Bull Ring or Spa the right way round for that matter.   Certain cars seem to go with specific tracks, for example either the ute or commodore on Mount Panorama or the classic mini on Brands Hatch Indy.

The playlists definitely need more track/car combos to increase the variety.

well why cant we choose the tracks we race on? going by playlists again is stupid

I don't have a problem with playlists as long as we get a good selection of tracks. So far, the selection has been very poor, so bad that I've raced on the same track with the same cars twice in a row sometimes :(

Wow I have not noticed this but you all are right. I do not think I have played the RBR in any discipline so far. Good catch for the Op.

Just wanted to bump this as would like Loore to feed this back to the CM team.

The playlists are already starting to get a bit monotonous.  It's bad enough that the car that seems to come up the most in Touring is the classic mini, let alone the fact that we only have the option to drive it on two tracks, Brands Hatch Indy in reverse and the Club Circuit on the Autosport Raceway - are there no other tracks this car can run on?

I really like the classic tourers class but we only seem to get to drive them around the Algarve national, Indianapolis GP or Okutama while the Cat C tourer class seems only to offer Sepang South, Hockenheim Short, Tremblant South or Brands Hatch GP.... I could go on but hopefully you get the gist of it :)

There are some great tracks in this game and I'm really disappointed that we don't get to race them all in Touring. 

I realise that we can set this up in custom cup but a) it's difficult to get a full lobby together b) the repair bills are prohibitive - last night I set up a custom cup and the winner was getting around 19,000 but it was costing 21,000 to repair the car after each race.

Is there any chance of making more track/car combos available across the playlists?  Just because I choose to race in touring cars doesn't mean that I don't want to drive the cars on all the available tracks.

Also why is Spa only available to race in reverse in the Cat A class?  This is a great track and there are plenty of us that race in touring who would like to drive it in different classes of tourer and the right way round.

And finally... still no online Red Bull Ring :(

Yeah same here and I've only done 40 or so races online mostly touring and it didn't take that long to get bored of the same tracks for utes same for minis and so on. Getting up the leaderboard on the challenges has kept up my interest the most. Trying to improve my scores

ARusling said:
So I've been doing a lot of online racing in every discipline (level 65, 208 races), and I haven't seen Red Bull Ring appear once in the track voting screen, nor have I raced it....
And not only
Tracks and variations many, but in the main 2-3 tracks per class
Any class on any tracks, why not ?

@Loore

Are there any plans to look at this?  Would it be an onerous task to make more tracks available to each car in the online playlists?

@Loore

Are there any plans to look at this? 
Yup, I'm talking to our multiplayer designers and we'll look at things :)

That was quick, it's being investigated and we're looking at a revised playlist rotation for a future patch. Will have more news as and when it develops.

Loore said:
That was quick, it's being investigated and we're looking at a revised playlist rotation for a future patch. Will have more news as and when it develops.
So patch 1 is with Microsoft and Sony and patch 2 is on it's way and in the pipeline @Loore‌ ?

Loore said:
So patch 1 is with Microsoft and Sony and patch 2 is on it's way and in the pipeline @Loore‌ ?
Yes. PC should get a patch this week as well.

@Loore - i hope you guys are going to patch playlist rotation big time coz it really needs to. It could be one of the MP breaking factors in a few weeks.

There should be all tracks (except drift ones ofc) available for touring, open wheel and endurance playlists, even street tracks - remember Bridgestone Challenge from Grid 1? 

Also, more layout variations of given location must pop-out. IMO it should work like that: original location - full A layout, should pop-out in 50% of times, and rest of layout variations like reverse, B, short vers., should all be 50% together.

And change grid order to random.

I wouldn't like to have every track for every class. I mean San Francisco shouldn't be available for anything else than street cars in playlists, at least for the big track. And Cat. C touring cars should only race on small tracks.

Thanks Loore.... Thats great news. This going to be a fantastic game once the "niggles" are sorted :-)

Oscar97 said:
I wouldn't like to have every track for every class. I mean San Francisco shouldn't be available for anything else than street cars in playlists, at least for the big track. And Cat. C touring cars should only race on small tracks.
That is a terrible idea, I'm sorry. Race cars do race on city tracks as well, even Indy. Formula C or B would be amazing on Chicago. And Cat C cars shouldn't just be limited to small tracks. What's wrong with racing 2 laps on Spa?

TUSMBOX said:
Oscar97 said:
That is a terrible idea, I'm sorry. Race cars do race on city tracks as well, even Indy. Formula C or B would be amazing on Chicago. And Cat C cars shouldn't just be limited to small tracks. What's wrong with racing 2 laps on Spa?
Racing touring cars on street circuits is fun too, come on. If we can race Huayras and Bugattis on San Francisco, we should be able to race BMWs and Chevrolets on them too.

There should be all tracks (except drift ones ofc) available for touring, open wheel and endurance playlists, even street tracks - remember Bridgestone Challenge from Grid 1?

No, no,no, no street tracks for racing cars, racing cars - racing tracks

The only city track that I could see disagreement with is SF, due to the jumps that damage your car. If you slow down to take it easy on the car you risk getting rear ended. If you hit them full speed you risk steering damage, however at the end of the day there will still be a voting system so if the majority of the lobby want to do SF then that is only fair! 

I want to see a ton of variety in all disciplines. All cars work on all tracks so why make the playlist so limited? It isn't even funny how few options we have in the rotation!

I'm only talking about SF, as the jumps would feel weird with indycars