Jump to content Jump to content

I play Gridautosport. Since Racenet maintenance on 17th (?) March, I have been unable to connect.

Guys,

I'm starting to think this is the beginning of the end, for Racenet. First, they cut off the connection. Then, they cut off the support and eventually, people will stop buying the game. 
At least Microsoft warned people of their deadline on support to Win XP. And it's Microsoft we're talking about.
C'mon, Codies.... You can do better. I already payed up more than $150 to your vaults. Have some respect, grow some balls and AT LEAST let us know what's wrong.
Sadly, Codemasters appear to have abandoned us. The Community Manager has been unresponsive since December 2014. Reliance Games (of which CM is a subsidiary) appears to be focused on the mobile market. None of which bodes well for Racenet. If there is no change when the challenges are reset on the morrow I imagine many will leave the game and Codemasters probably wont even notice, to their detriment.
addendum : On further investigation I've discovered there has been no Community Manager since before September 2015, when Dnote stepped once more into the breach though it appears this to was short-lived. There seems to be no avenue open from which to illicit a response, let alone an answer.
addendum : On further investigation I've discovered there has been no Community Manager since before September 2015, when Dnote stepped once more into the breach though it appears this to was short-lived. There seems to be no avenue open from which to illicit a response, let alone an answer.
Well, It's almost Tuesday in my calendar, the day challenges are reset. Still cannot log into Racenet weekly Challenges.
We'll have our final response tomorrow!
Thanks for the Dnote investigation.
Loggy said:
Ah, thought something was up. It now takes 2 tries to connect through game menu. Once joined its ok.
You can, maybe for connecting for the online games, but I'm sure you cannot log into Racenet Challenges and your team (if there's any) is not collection your race points. Only the empty brackets are displayed, i.e. [ ].
You can still play MP races etc but, NOTHING counts for racenet, no Racenet events accessible no results XP getting added to any Racenet team....

Guess I go back to Dirt 3 for a working CM game that aint BROKEN or the new NFS as people actually PLAY it.

TBH GAS is well and truly DEAD!!! CODEMASTERS have finally killed off all their ability to make a decent game without BALLSING IT UP...

R.I.P. CodeMasters may your past never be forgotten now you have no future.....
Skaputnik said:
Loggy said:
Ah, thought something was up. It now takes 2 tries to connect through game menu. Once joined its ok.
You can, maybe for connecting for the online games, but I'm sure you cannot log into Racenet Challenges and your team (if there's any) is not collection your race points. Only the empty brackets are displayed, i.e. [ ].
Ah , ok, I rarely look at racenet.
Still no Racenet Challenges. Found a CM !
Strange that in my searches for a Community Manager your name did not arise. None-the-less I have found you now! ;-)
Racenet Challenges have not been functioning since 17/3/16 maintenance. Why? Have they been discontinued? Do you think that some sort of posted reason/response from Codemasters would be a reasonable request?

Archived