Jump to content Jump to content

More oversteered standard car setups, pretty please?

Benniz

Hi!

I am finding most of the standard car setups in the game way to understeered, especially the 4WD cars. Of course when running events where I can alter this to my own liking, I will do that. However, many of the online events often don't allow car setup, which means you have to run the standard ones. It would be great if Codies could improve the standard setups so the cars act a little more as they should. I usually only shift the braking a little more to the rear, loosen up the front diff, push the drive more to the rear wheels in the center diff, lock the rear diff and maybe stiffen the rear of the car. These few steps make the cars much more oversteered, responsive and most importantly more fun to drive :)

Any chance?
Please no. 

"the cars act a little more as they should." - for you. Not for everybody. And although you might find oversteer more fun to drive, most of the times it just slows you down, especially with AWD cars. 

Your request is exactly why setups exist. I for my part often set the cars up to have less oversteer as in default, to be able to drive smoother lines.
When dealing with default setup everybody is on the same level and probably nobody 'really' perfectly likes it. Thats the skill required to deal with a car that doesn't perfectly drive the way your used to it. It's fine as it is IMO.
I find the opposite SkyRex.  
The only way to combat understeer (which happens loads with V2) is to control your speed (slow down).  An AWD with a slight rear bias will turn in better and get you on the power sooner and maintain a more controlled line though a corner.

So in that respect, understeer is safer for the masses, I suppose...

I think it comes down to your personal driving style and maybe wheel/controller setup. In my case, understeery cars like the 1995 Subaru or Audi quattro feel strange to me, because in stock setup I need to throw them into the corners much more than I would do normally to prevent going off. More oversteer might help me there, but would kill me on other, more tailhappy cars.

However you do it, you still have to adapt to the car. And as they act different, there will always be those which suit you better. Or not at all. At least at first. It may be sometimes frustrating, but can be very rewarding if you finally get it right.

What I am finding is that most cars can oversteer somewhat into the corner with a standard setup, but on the way out the understeer is very prominent. Everybody has different driving styles, I like Colin's ;)
Isn't there a glitch or bug that when you load up a stage the game automatically loads any workshop item for that car.. So i've found myself many times driving online events where you can't choose setups and i have got a completely wrong setup for that stage.. That's annoying, i would much rather drive with default setup than drive with a car that's set up for monte carlo in Finland..

Archived