DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

achievement - spirit of the rally

whats easiest way of achieving this ?

also what or how much do components need to be damaged ?
can you just do a custom single race of short stage and smash car up ?

I don't think custom single races work, I've tried. This will probably be the trickiest to get of the achievements that I still have to unlock. The rest ar just winning a championship with specific class

Not necessarily true, Didzis - from what I remember, Quirkitized did this achievement in custom event - using the Lancia 037 in Finland.

Maybe it was fixed with 1.0, but I wasn't able to unlock this achievement in custom event. 3 heavily damaged components should enough to get it (smashed radiator/bodywork, fried engine)

Not necessarily true, Didzis - from what I remember, Quirkitized did this achievement in custom event - using the Lancia 037 in Finland.
In that case time to smash up some cars :D 

Yeah, i'm interested in this, i could have sworn i should have achieved it by now, so if anyone finds the best way, please post :)

yes i have 3 achievements left and this is one of them. i cant believe i havent got it tried in championshups custom races. cars actually blowing up on the line as crossing still no luck.

easiest way anyone ?

I did it in 6 stages on Wales with Quattro. Basically crashed everywhere, just made sure that the diff was sitting at about 15-20% of durability, so I could safely finish the stages. At 0% of diff it's the end after all. However...

... the achievement did not appear immediately. It popped up after I finished an on-going championship that I had, the next day. In other words, if you have any championship that you did not finished, you most likely have to finish those. And not retire. This includes Rallycross and Pikes Peak.

From what I know, you need 3 critically destroyed parts. Exhaust and turbo should be your priority as they can go down to 0%. Finland may be the best as the jumps just destroy everything. Keeping the car at 2nd or 3rd gear constantly at full revs with damaged radiator should prove very efficient at destroying the engine. Generally speaking, this achievement is mainly about luck.

I also did this in custom event, 6 stages in Finland with 037 iirc. I also did not get the achievement right away, I got it when I went and did my pikes peak for achievements.

How does the loose different help?           
Not setting. 15-20% of durability left. If differential will reduce to 0%, it's end of the rally. I'll edit the post to make it more obvious.

hmm been trying to do this again and its driving me nuts :D

engine orange gearbox too also 3 wheels rad hissing still nothing.

I read on steam forums that someone didn't get it right away, but after finishing all the ongoing unfinished championships. So that's what I'm trying to do now. Finished elite rallycross and FIA WRX championships and still have 2 events of elite hillclimb left. 

Tried custom events and custom championships many times and nothing. Today tried in career championship and got it on first try. That poor 037 was pretty f**ked up at the end :D So if anyone else is struggling with this one, career championship seems to be a safe bet

Any tips on how/what is safest to damage?
Try not to damage the wheels too much, in one run I punctured both tires on the left side and couldn't move anymore. But that depends on the car, for 4WDs it might not be that bad. Also, if you puncture both front tires it's automatically race over. 
Probably the first thing that's gonna go is the radiator. When you start hearing a hissing noise, then the engine is also close to being "ready" :D But when the hissing stops, you need to ease off a bit, because then it's not far from terminal damage. In one of the custom championships I went flat out after the hissing had stopped, the car died after the first split :D Restarted and did a whole Finland long stage at about 80 km'h, because service was after that one :) 
I would suggest repairing the radiator back to about 40-45% so you'd have a better chance getting to the end.
I did it in Finland, and after 4 stages, I had 4 critcally damaged components and the engine at about 60% (so at the end of 6th stage that too was probably under 50%). Suspension was at 7% and in a 037 you could definately feel it, handled like garbage :D 

I released a guide on how to get this achievement on Steam, anyone can view it (that includes console players): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=674599358

Exhaust and turbo should be your priority as they can go down to 0%. Finland may be the best as the jumps just destroy everything. Keeping the car at 2nd or 3rd gear constantly at full revs with damaged radiator should prove very efficient at destroying the engine. Generally speaking, this achievement is mainly about luck.
  It's funny reading this and you're not even being sarcastic.

Keeping the car at 2nd or 3rd gear constantly at full revs with damaged radiator should prove very efficient at destroying the engine.
You don't really need to do that. With a busted radiator your engine will degrade in a few stages with normal driving too. And you are going to need a few stages anyway, because some components take longer to break.

Didzis said:
Keeping the car at 2nd or 3rd gear constantly at full revs with damaged radiator should prove very efficient at destroying the engine.
You don't really need to do that. With a busted radiator your engine will degrade in a few stages with normal driving too. And you are going to need a few stages anyway, because some components take longer to break.
Yes, for example... engine. On Quattro it takes ages to bust it up. With that you can not only quickly but also very accurately degrade the engine at the last stage for example. You're not gonna be driving normally in those stages, so I don't see the point on waiting for that to degrade the engine. I prefer less stages that will be all about wrecking the car rather than more that will be just annoying.

Not to mention, radiator can't go down to 0%. At least every time I got it to 0% I got terminal damage...

@RyuMakkuro

I've shared your guide on TrueAchievements (crediting original source of course), I'll make another attempt at unlocking it once I get through the various "Win a Championship in a ______ car" Achievements.

http://www.trueachievements.com/a214714/spirit-of-the-rally-achievement.htm?showguides=1

easiest way of doing this is doing hillclimb.i didnt it second time in hillclimb.in every other way couldnt do it

dgeesi0 said:
easiest way of doing this is doing hillclimb.i didnt it second time in hillclimb.in every other way couldnt do it
Any pointers on doing it in Hillclimb?