Jump to content Jump to content

Grid Autosport - Infuriating Bug! (Savegame bug??)

So i have a lot of cars by now, but i noticed recently that my Drift Spec RX-7 always resets when i restart the game, i need to buy all the tuning packs over again every time and OF COURSE the game remembers the money i spend everytime i rebuy these tuningpacks for this bugged RX-7. So i find this bug pretty critical as it pretty much drains me completely for online cash.

Also: a similar bug is happening with ALL my cars, the tuning settings will randomly get tweaked around upon every restart of the game, how am i supposed to use this tuning feature when it tries to troll me constantly?

Is my save corrupted perhaps? Im not sure cause the game will remember the money i spend and cosmetic changes to the cars, such as livery and color, Im at a loss here.

EDIT: LOORE, can you confirm that this will be added to a list of fixes? It's just a matter of time before it starts happening to everyone if it aint addressed.

@Assie, if nobody posts GAS Steam save folder soon, here GRID 2 folder which should get you close:

E:\Steam\userdata\338120**( this number label to be different)\44350

Go here and look for a new folder with the install date of GRID AutoSport  - E:\Steam\userdata\338120**\

Since Flatout 1, I make it a practice to backup savegame folder. I don't think  I have ever gotten a corrupt savegame file, but have read horror stories, so better safe than sorry. I have also found other good uses of a savegame file. ;)  It save my 3000 mile toughen up Jupiter after I did the "wash the car" test in GRID 1!!!!
SVENOS said:
lol I already made a topic like this -.-

Sorry but i searched around for someone with a similar problem actually. I googled a lot of different combinations of words describing my problem aswell, i am not making the topic for fun, i made it because it's an incredibly annoying bug.

EDIT: I found your topic through your profile now, and your problem does sound identical SVENOS, did i misunderstand your most recent post about it or did it fix itself again? if so have you encountered it again?

Rapster said:
GRiD Autosport

Saves are located:

<Drive>:\STEAM\userdata\<User ID Number>\255220\remote

There should be three files.

One is for Online, another for SP and not sure what the third is for. I presume it's settings...
Cheers mate thank you very much for that.  :)
I should have known it was in that folder aso I already have backups from it as I make backups of that folder every 2 days.    :)

Purple44 said:
@Assie, if nobody posts GAS Steam save folder soon, here GRID 2 folder which should get you close:

E:\Steam\userdata\338120**( this number label to be different)\44350

Go here and look for a new folder with the install date of GRID AutoSport  - E:\Steam\userdata\338120**\

Since Flatout 1, I make it a practice to backup savegame folder. I don't think  I have ever gotten a corrupt savegame file, but have read horror stories, so better safe than sorry. I have also found other good uses of a savegame file. ;)  It save my 3000 mile toughen up Jupiter after I did the "wash the car" test in GRID 1!!!!
Thanks purp
But I almost never use savgame from others I rather start again then.  ;)
Yeah had 1 or 2 games which corrupted the savegame one was a codies game the other was TDU2 I believe.
Socio said:
SVENOS said:

Sorry but i searched around for someone with a similar problem actually. I googled a lot of different combinations of words describing my problem aswell, i am not making the topic for fun, i made it because it's an incredibly annoying bug.

EDIT: I found your topic through your profile now, and your problem does sound identical SVENOS, did i misunderstand your most recent post about it or did it fix itself again? if so have you encountered it again?

After I started the game again the tuning parts were there but I restarted GRID again and then I had corrupted save datas so it doesnt solve anything :(
SVENOS said:
Socio said:
SVENOS said:

After I started the game again the tuning parts were there but I restarted GRID again and then I had corrupted save datas so it doesnt solve anything :(

Damn, sorry to hear this, hope i dont get a corrupted save aswell :/

I have noted the posters stating how to backup the save, and i have taken precautions, but this should be unnecesarry.

LOORE, can you confirm that this will be added to a list of fixes? It's just a matter of time before it starts happening to everyone if it aint addressed.

@Socio 

We're currently dissecting some corrupt saves to see if we can find the root of the problem, that's the tricky bit. Once we've found the cause the solution is usually (usually!) a bit faster coming.
Loore said:
@Socio 

We're currently dissecting some corrupt saves to see if we can find the root of the problem, that's the tricky bit. Once we've found the cause the solution is usually (usually!) a bit faster coming.
So the problem i am experiencing with having to buy certain parts over and over and over for the same car is related to a corrupted save file? If you find the problem will you be able to restore the already corrupted saves? Starting over again in multiplayer seems like a tedious task tbh.
Loore said:
@Socio 

99% sure its the steam cloud, not the first game, after losing my 250 online races (without force feedback support, FFS) i got the steam sinc off and i am pretty confident i will get no more corrupted saves from now on! :) 
Loore said:
@Socio 

Loore, look somewhere around the 'Steam Cloud synch/backup' area...

I can, deliberately, corrupt saves by swapping one of the files in the '<Drive>:\STEAM\userdata\<User ID Number>\255220\remote' folder with an older file, but if I turn off Steam Cloud I don't get half the problems, unless I deliberately mess with something.

I *think*, it could be something to do with a Steam Cloud backup check during start up of the game. When Steam Cloud checks the game saves and it doesn't match (timestamp, etc.) to the ones held locally, it returns a 'Corrupted Save' message.

As I wrote earlier, not 100% sure, but might be a place to start...
SVENOS said:
I think the best what you can do now is dont purchase any tuning parts. I already started a new save file and I dont purchase any tuning parts yet till the problem is fixed. Hope that will help you all :)
Yeah, me too on that one... I don't mind purchasing new replacement cars or re-purchasing upgrades, but it's too much hassle buying an identical new car and then grinding for the upgrades again... Doh!
Found a bug.  While in the lobby if you click another racers name and check his stats you can only see how much money you have earned.  I tried it on everyone in the lobby and all of them have the same amount of money as me.  Another thing.  In the challenges if you purchase your own vehicle so that you get the 100% car of your dreams it will not rank up.........I mean, it does, but then it starts over from level one each time you try.

Found a bug.  While in the lobby if you click another racers name and check his stats you can only see how much money you have earned.  I tried it on everyone in the lobby and all of them have the same amount of money as me.  Another thing.  In the challenges if you purchase your own vehicle so that you get the 100% car of your dreams it will not rank up.........I mean, it does, but then it starts over from level one each time you try.
I've not heard of that one and do not suffer with it myself. Are you playing the game as an Administrator? It sounds like the file that stores that info isn't being written to.

Wonder if anyone else has experienced the same...
DjChris said:
DjChris said:
It keeps on telling me my save file is corrupted i am level 104 online and don't want to start over i did nothing wrong also did 133 career races :(
131 career races 433 online races

holy craap! you are something else... the game has been out for a week and you've done 564 races? that's like almost 100 a day! get a new hobby
Rapster said:

I've not heard of that one and do not suffer with it myself. Are you playing the game as an Administrator? It sounds like the file that stores that info isn't being written to.

Im on ps3

Rapster said:

Im on ps3
Ah, okay... So asking you to run the .exe as an Administrator will do you no good at all, then? lol

Just as an aside, you may want to disclose one or two important details, such as platform, next time. :)>-