Jump to content Jump to content

@Loore / Codemasters; Have you guys ever considered using the radar like the recent NASCAR games?

If you don't know what I mean, bottom center of the screen in this vid : 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1DU9VqsZso

Those games are a buggy mess, but they did do one thing right, and that was that little radar. It's a godsend when you're racing close to other cars, and I feel every racing game would benefit from having it. Especially one with no working mirrors o.o Now I'm not sure if that's something you guys could do with a patch in GAS or not, but for future CM games, I think you should look into it. GAS would be a lot more enjoyable with just this little addition for anyone who plays in car cams as I do. It allows for much better precision than you can get from the arrows you currently use. Could also help people who aren't as good with situational awareness to avoid contact more often.

Some people will say you shouldn't use it, because it was in another game or what ever, but they use rewinds, so it's only fair :P
When i read something like this i get really bad headache. Looking at a POSSIBLY implementing something you already had in so many past games with the exact same engine.. same goes with the repair costs and upgrades from bought cars online which is obviously broken but you are just DISCUSSING it. I think you are doing a good job here with the communication but some times.. argh.
sucr4m said:
When i read something like this i get really bad headache. Looking at a POSSIBLY implementing something you already had in so many past games with the exact same engine.. same goes with the repair costs and upgrades from bought cars online which is obviously broken but you are just DISCUSSING it. I think you are doing a good job here with the communication but some times.. argh.
You'll have to forgive me but sometimes I will be a bit vague as I don't want to get hopes up. It's looking promising with regards to a rear view mirror but until I hear the 100% it's done, working, in a patch I don't want to confirm anything :)
Loore said:
sucr4m said:
You'll have to forgive me but sometimes I will be a bit vague as I don't want to get hopes up. It's looking promising with regards to a rear view mirror but until I hear the 100% it's done, working, in a patch I don't want to confirm anything :)
I agree best not to get peoples hopes up too much.
Playing Street on Hard. Ravenwest is sometimes 1.5 seconds faster than me at certain tracks and when you are running a 25 lap race it would be nice to know where on my bumper they are. Till them I'm using a lot of flashbacks, as the AI doesn't hesitate to stick their nose into places with no disregard for their own self preservation. But then again the AI is so planted only I am the one spinning into the armco barrier. 
MaXKiLLz said:
How about a radar like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn30SwO11ls
That would be ok, I just like the centered and clear one better as it takes up less of the screen and is more effective
Loore said:
Is a nice system, for now though we're looking at possibly implementing a Rear View Mirror, which will give you a better view of what's going on behind you.
Awesome. Hope yous get it done. And to the guy who said he don't want a radar : Simple fix for you, turn it off. No reason to exclude something useful just because some wouldn't want it.