DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
GRID Season 3 - Coming April 15th Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

So, no force feedback, really?

Funny thing, Grid 2 had several flaws, but the force feedback implementation was great, as soon as i began to play i released that the feeling was not translating to the wheel in the same manner that it did in grid 2, then after 2 days playing non stop and lost all my cars and upgrades from 250 online games in a corrupted save i finally have understood that the game have NO FORCE FEEDBACK AT ALL. FFS, its just copy/paste Grid2 force feedback profiles! Where is it? :( 

You proberly did this but to be sure I ask it.
On default ffb is set on off in options did you put it on there?

Also mentioning if it is for console of pc would help people to help you.   :)

FFB in GA is pathetic at best and a complete insult to my Fanatec CSW at worst. I cannot even understand, that Fanatec alowed them to do advertising with their brand name ingame. Atrocious!!!

My Thrustmaster F430 FFB Wheel has very good FFB in game. I can also adjust the settings to my liking to great effect.

No problems to report over here.

i will say again, this game DO NOT HAVE force feedback. Wake up people, it feels great?

In grid 2 the option to enable was "Vibration & Feedback" 

In Grid autosport is is "VIBRATION".

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT VIBRATION, i am talking about feedback! What is feedback? That effect that makes a wheel lose its weight when losing grip or aply true force to the opposite side to where you are turning... Dear god... 

Play 5 minutes of grid 2 with force feedback on (that truly is) and see the difference. 

As soon as i played the game i felt that there was something missing from grid 2 since i was almost sleeping at 300 km/h, now i know what it is... 

FORCE FEEDBACK NOW! 

I am playing at PC with a Driving Force GT.

It DOES NOT have a Feedback option in the options, just a "Vibration" option!

MTonly said:
Bigamo said:
What is feedback? That effect that makes a wheel lose its weight when losing grip or aply true force to the opposite side to where you are turning...
Given that GRID2 was totally unplayable with steering wheel (while GRID1 and DiRT 2/3 were playable — at least for me), the difference you are talking about may mean that Autosport is hopefully playable with the wheel again.

Anyway, I believe such things as losing wheel weight when losing grip should be an option, not something unchangeable.
Unplayable? Call me super man then, i played grid 2 with a wheel that i bought specially to play the game. yes it was not the fastest way around most of the time but the feel was GREAT and was RIGHT. 

Losing wheel weight should be a option? Did you EVER drive a real car? 

Bigamo said:

I am playing at PC with a Driving Force GT.

It DOES NOT have a Feedback option in the options, just a "Vibration" option!
True it is more a vibration then FFB.
Like you say I miss it aswell the point were you lose grip and start to slide.
I thought you felt totally nothing.  lol

Oh and grid2 was defently good to play with wheel.
But I stopped playing the game because I didn't like the sliding around the corner is faster routine.

guys, i will say once again, it is not weak, it is NON EXISTANT. 

The game have NO force feedback, zero! 

MTonly said:
Bigamo said:
Unplayable? Call me super man then, i played grid 2 with a wheel that i bought specially to play the game. yes it was not the fastest way around most of the time but the feel was GREAT and was RIGHT. 

Losing wheel weight should be a option? Did you EVER drive a real car? 
How much authentic is playing with a gamepad? It isn't. But that does not mean that it should be disallowed to use anything other than a wheel to play the game. It does not matter whether I ever driven a real car, it's a game, it should be fun, and the game options should allow to make the game fun and usable for the player as much as possible.

If i bought a driving wheel to play the game, MAIBE it is cause i want a more autentic experience that the one of the gamepad? FFS will you say that games shoudl not have force feedback just cause you decided to be a fanboy? That force feedback is not worth it?

I too don't like SEVERAL decisions made in grid 2, but sure HAVING force feedback wans't one of those. The force feedback is AWESOME. 

Now what, Codemasters will say that "just 5% of the players have a driving wheel with support to force feedback so they don't made it?"

Why everytime Codemasters release a game they NEED to screw something over while saying to "improve" something else?

DID ANYONE IN THIS GOD FORSAKEN WORLD Complain about force feedback in Grid2? FFS! 

I don't regret have pre ordered rome 2 and i DO regret have pre ordered GA. :( 

And yes, force feedback is VERY important for me, and several users are beggining to see that "something don't feel right" when using a wheel, or that it "seens that the car is floating" and that is exactly the sensation without force feedback.

Well whatever the deal is, I hope it gets a patch ASAP. Otherwise it's pretty fun. But with the lack of feedback I'm getting coupled with not much audible tire squeel when using cockpit view, it's hard to feel when the back end is about to step out.

I get a lot of FFB with wheel centering, load effects, tyre slip, rumble strips and camber, back end twitch and breakaway, under/over steer feel.

Maybe your wheel is not on the list of supported wheels, I am using a G25 and it is great!

I got good feedback in Grid 2 as well which actually showed me how bad the handling was, maybe you are just expecting too much slide and squeal, this game is not like that, if you get the lines right the wheel should be fairly even as you are not upsetting the car like Grid 2.

You cannot compare the car feel in Grid 2 to this, 'This is racing'

I get a lot of FFB with wheel centering, load effects, tyre slip, rumble strips and camber, back end twitch and breakaway, under/over steer feel.

Maybe your wheel is not on the list of supported wheels, I am using a G25 and it is great!

I got good feedback in Grid 2 as well which actually showed me how bad the handling was, maybe you are just expecting too much slide and squeal, this game is not like that, if you get the lines right the wheel should be fairly even as you are not upsetting the car like Grid 2.

You cannot compare the car feel in Grid 2 to this, 'This is racing'

Man... i am geting tired of explain :( 

Make the test yourself, geting your car to the grass, or hit something or do ANYTHING. and see if the wheel you push to ANY side, it will NOT, cause it is DEAD! For God sake! 

THERE IS NO FORCE FEEDBACK AT ALL. I needed to show it to my friends in a race room for then understand too, and they got the same reaction as i did when i finally understood that.

Disapointment, its depressing! 

Your wheel will NOT push to any side that is not the center. Go to a inclined track indianapolis for intance. Press the gas and watch your car just go straight.

THIS IS NOT a Car reaction, and you have NOT UNDERSTEER AND OVERSTEER FEEL. you have VIBRATION and thats it. 

Even in the options where it says "vibration and feedback" in Grid 2, in Grid AutoSport says only "Vibration". 

And they HIDE it from us as you see there was a acusation that the game would NOT support force feedback and Codemasters said NOTHING about it. 

I never really cared about the non inside cam thing, but no force feedback is a MAJOR FLAW. deal braker completely, it is the kind of thing that you don't even ask, cause "who would make a game without force feedback support in 2014?" 

And the worst part is that grid 2 had it and this game being little more than a mod of grid 2, so WHY REMOVE IT? 

And understand that grid 2 had screwed physics decided just over the launch since you can see in game that the AI does NOT Drift and behave as it behave in autosport, just the player car have that behavior, but to be honest i like grid 2 more cause even with the screwed physics the feeling of driving is just GREAT, since it have true and well done FORCE FEEDBACK.

So i can BET that you after test it will be disapointed as everyone else that did the test and finally understood why there was something "missing" in the wheel, cause it REALLY HAD SOMETHING MISSING, the force feedback!

And yes, i am angry! :D 

If your getting tired of explaining just shut up then , I'm sure most others have heard enough of your total disgust for the game cause your wheel doesnt have ffb its OK maybe they will patch it maybe they won't so u may need to get used to it or stop playing it buddy..

If your getting tired of explaining just shut up then , I'm sure most others have heard enough of your total disgust for the game cause your wheel doesnt have ffb its OK maybe they will patch it maybe they won't so u may need to get used to it or stop playing it buddy..
 Your wheel don't have it too, we just made the test in a room full of people with several diferent wheels. The game does not say "feedback" ANYWHERE. So if you are tired of reading this tread just gtfo. I will keep posting about it until either i get a response from codemasters about it or get banned. 

Why don't you pm @loore and not be so hostile in your writing you probably will get an answer from him.

As far as the wheel thing that was what you call being sarcastic, but 1 thing I will not do is gtfo just like you I can write on these forums. Me maybe longer than you if you keep up being so angry as you said. Remember after all its just a game.

Why don't you pm @loore and not be so hostile in your writing you probably will get an answer from him.

As far as the wheel thing that was what you call being sarcastic, but 1 thing I will not do is gtfo just like you I can write on these forums. Me maybe longer than you if you keep up being so angry as you said. Remember after all its just a game.
 Yeah, you are right. 

But my rightful fury is justified. Others when noticed it just got disapointed and said that they will wait for Project Cars. I REALLY like Grid, even the 2, so i am ashamed for liking it! LOL But since i have understood that the game had no force feedback at all i felt REALLY betrayed. So my rightful fury remains. Not for hate, but for love and disapointment. :( 

Im playing on the xbox 360, Fanatec CSR. FF feels fine to me. First week on Grid 2 the FF broke my wheel. I didnt have to change much of anything for GA.

Bigamo said:

Yeah, you are right. 

But my rightful fury is justified. Others when noticed it just got disapointed and said that they will wait for Project Cars. I REALLY like Grid, even the 2, so i am ashamed for liking it! LOL But since i have understood that the game had no force feedback at all i felt REALLY betrayed. So my rightful fury remains. Not for hate, but for love and disapointment. :( 

I hear ya bro. And you are not entirely wrong. I sympathise with your feelings towards CM and the mediocre approach they take. However the Driving Force GT is truly aged and a early 2nd Gen FFB wheel. The statement It may be unsupported or support for it being bugged could be correct. Now take a deep breath and write a courteous message to Loore or CM customer support and see their response if any. If you get crap all back come back here and tell us about it. You WILL get support from me then. 

That being said the FFB is a joke. I use a Fanatec CSW/CSP combo and in my review of the game on this forum mentioned the lack of FFB. God, Fanatec is even a represented sponsor for crying out loud. I find it hard to believe that they condone this kind of coding or better lack thereof and put their name against it.

As for CM disappointing you: They disappoint me since F1 2011 every year. No matter what they release it gets worse and worse. The issue here is, that too many unwitting people are accepting the lack of quality (not only the FFB coding by the way) either because they do not know better or simply don't care. AND they pre-purchase. THAT is THE customer for CM. People like this they want. People like you and/or me they do not want and alienate even more release after release. And since I cannot travel to Birmingham with torch and pitchfork in hand I simply gave up. 

I check their new releases and expect nothing. It still stings because Codies once were great and one still hopes they have another highlight, but nada. Leaves me with Assetto, iRacing and some others that may see release soon.

It hurts, because you really would like it to be great, but hey-reality check-Grid AS is as far from being great as Pluto is close to Earth.

I'm not going to go into this too much as I can't change how the FFB in GRID: Autosport feels to you - if you don't like it then you don't like it. It's a fair criticism and we'll take your feelings on it on board in the future.

However, the accusation that the Force Feedback has been stripped out since GRID 2 is simply inaccurate. The system that was in GRID 2 is also there in Autosport. Some tweaks have been made to make it suit the new handling (how successful or otherwise those tweaks were is of course up to you to decide), but it is still there. I'm not sure what rotation your wheel is set to, but we mostly worked at about 270 degrees. If you're higher than that perhaps try bringing it down and see if that feels any better to you.

I think im getting him. I dont really have a wheel tho but i get there is a difference between just rumbling/vibrating and real feedback which would be a locked up wheel or a huge counterforce if you jam against something or no counterforce at all when you are on a slippery surface/lose grip and stuff like that. No reason to be rude.

I'm using the Fanatec CSR on the PS3' I originally bought for Forza 4 on 360 which feels great. My time with it on the PS3 is limited to GT6 which I also think feels really good. I'm gonna play with the in game setting some more and see if I can add a little more responsiveness. There might be a magic number in the wheel weight and strength setting that I haven't found yet. If anyone else is using the CSR on PS3 and would like to share your setting, I'd enjoy trying them, cheers!

Would make sense to me as I usually run my wheel at less than 180 degrees as I like my cars to handle like a go cart and I do get FFB effects, quite heavy effects actually, great workout for the biceps lol.