Sign in to follow this  

2016 Bahrain Grand Prix

Totally ruined the race at the front, no Vettel, Kimi crap start and Lewis rammed harder than Adam Johnson arse in prison. 

Was a fun opening 7  laps. Great race. lol drive through Bottas

Stoffel Vandoorne, the only likeable factor at McLaren, is having a good race tbh.

Crazy race so far! GRO may very well finish top 5 or 6 today!

So at least we can find solace in the fact that the new tire regulations work. It's the only good decision F1 made this year. 

Platy said:
Credit to F1, the changes with the starts have been a great rule change.

yeah  that's  a good change I think having the mix of 3 dry compounds instead of 2 is a good change as well as it will allow for more flexible strategies they just need to sort qualifying out.

Crazy start, ok-ish race overall. Not as good as the previous 2 races in Bahrain, but entertaining nonetheless.
Another mighty fine job from Grosjean and Haas.
Also, a point for Vandoorne and a very strong race from Wehrlein. Manor improved massively over the Winter, so kudos to them.
Disappointment from the Scuderia. P2 and P3 are respectable, but also 2 DNF's. I'm worried about the rest of the #redseason.

Pretty good race. Qualifying still sucks, and may get worse next race. Tire rules are great.

Ferrari proving to be fast but unreliable. Grosjean and Haas having amazing drives today. Merc win but I think their armor may be getting weak, although Rosberg's head is in the game it should be a good championship. 

And the future of F1 is safe at least in terms of drivers. Verstappen, Vandoorne, and Wehrlein are going to be fantastic when they get top drives. Imagine each of them in Ferrari/Red Bull, a competitive McLaren, and Mercedes respectively. Those championships will be incredible. 

People are overreacting about Bottas. It was obviously his fault, but it was a legitimate move. He wasn't out of control or locked up, he just went for a gap that didn't work out. Tbh I'm happy to see him more be more aggressive, as wheel to wheel race craft hasn't been his greatest strength over the past few seasons. 

I expected the Haas would be a good car, it was obvious for most of last season when we started learning about the team that they were a completely different proposition from the likes of Caterham/Marrusia/HRT. But I didn't expect them to do this well. Excellent strategy as well, doing the first 3 stints on the supersoft looked very bold at the time but it worked out perfectly. 

VetteIfan said:
People are overreacting about Bottas. It was obviously his fault, but it was a legitimate move. He wasn't out of control or locked up, he just went for a gap that didn't work out. Tbh I'm happy to see him more be more aggressive, as wheel to wheel race craft hasn't been his greatest strength over the past few seasons. 

I expected the Haas would be a good car, it was obvious for most of last season when we started learning about the team that they were a completely different proposition from the likes of Caterham/Marrusia/HRT. But I didn't expect them to do this well. Excellent strategy as well, doing the first 3 stints on the supersoft looked very bold at the time but it worked out perfectly. 
Sorry bud, but Bottas himself has said he wasn't making a move on Hamilton :p 

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/123608/bottas-was-not-trying-to-pass-hamilton

Pretty good race. The aggregate qualifying system sounds atrocious (they tried it in 2005 and that ended well!). I think Bottas' penalty was harsh. I'm a Lewis fan but I think racing incident.

Pretty good race, and it was definitely needed after the shenanigans of the last couple of weeks.

You've got to hand it to Rosberg, he really controlled that race perfectly, he was never under real pressure, always had the pace to respond to Raikkonen, and drove perfectly. What a fantastic start to the season for him, mainly down to two rubbish starts for Hamilton too.

I think it was a bit harsh to give Bottas a drive through, perhaps a 5 second penalty would have been more appropriate, as he wasn't totally going for a non-existent gap. Lewis did leave a space and closed it right at the end and Valtteri happened to be there.

I can't believe how brilliantly Haas and Grosjean are doing though! I thought they'd perhaps score the odd point in the season, but to have a 6th and now a 5th, that is amazing. Grosjean is now joint 4th in the championship with Raikkonen. Absolutely fantastic, I'm so happy for them. To be comfortably overtaking Red Bulls, Williams, Toro Rossos, just amazing for only their second ever race. So happy for Grosjean, he looks to have made the perfect move considering what his options were.

Ricciardo with another solid drive to 4th, I wonder whether 4th and 5th will be the places we'll see him most this season, perhaps picking up the odd podium.

The rookies, Vandoorne and Wehrlein, fantastic as well, and you can just tell they are stars of the future. Vandoorne, the best junior formulae record of any driver in a very long time, and Wehrlein just looks racy and on it.

As Chadwick said, the prospect of championships being fought out between the likes of Verstappen, Wehrlein, Vandoorne, Ricciardo, Kvyat, Sainz and co is very exciting. At the moment it's hard for me to say that Palmer will be in that group, we'll just have to see at the end of the season.

Part of me hopes that Vandoorne will get another crack at it in China, so we can really see how he compares to Button. His retirement obviously makes it hard to judge, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him beaten anyway.

If you ignore the off-track politics, Formula 1 is looking very good for the future of the drivers at least. Lets hope Vettel can really bounce back and give the Mercs another fight in China.

Solid race, crazy at the start, got pretty calm afterwards but still a great little race. The three compound rule is the best thing introduced in years in my opinion, if they'd remove the tyre restrictions in Q3 and give everyone qualifying tyres instead, I think we'd get a perfect set of tyre regulations.

Was a pretty good race to be honest. Shocked at how bad Williams look at the moment, they've really dropped back it seems and a shocker from Force India.
Although Rosberg was in control, Raikkonen was always there so it at least bodes well that it'll be at least a bit closer than last year once Ferrari build a car that doesn't blow up.
Don't need to comment on Grosjean, everyone's summed his race up nicely (shame for Gutierrez actually, he wasn't far off before his DNF, he looks to have improved since his Sauber days). Talking of Sauber, I rated Ericsson today. Solid racing even if it was near the back and good to see Manor finally in there.
Good to see Vandoorne score a point but I think it's a little soon to compare him to Alonso and Button and certainly difficult with Jenson dropping out so early. From those 7 laps he was 3 seconds behind Jenson and falling back.. so with the same strategy and a healthy car it could be that Button would have beat the Williams' and maybe Kvyat as well. All speculation though.

All in all good season so far. Now sort out the qualifying farce and it would be even better.

Was a pretty good race to be honest. Shocked at how bad Williams look at the moment, they've really dropped back it seems and a shocker from Force India.
Although Rosberg was in control, Raikkonen was always there so it at least bodes well that it'll be at least a bit closer than last year once Ferrari build a car that doesn't blow up.
Don't need to comment on Grosjean, everyone's summed his race up nicely (shame for Gutierrez actually, he wasn't far off before his DNF, he looks to have improved since his Sauber days). Talking of Sauber, I rated Ericsson today. Solid racing even if it was near the back and good to see Manor finally in there.
Good to see Vandoorne score a point but I think it's a little soon to compare him to Alonso and Button and certainly difficult with Jenson dropping out so early. From those 7 laps he was 3 seconds behind Jenson and falling back.. so with the same strategy and a healthy car it could be that Button would have beat the Williams' and maybe Kvyat as well. All speculation though.

All in all good season so far. Now sort out the qualifying farce and it would be even better.

yeah it's certainly looking quite a competitive year this year it's really only qualifying that's letting things down atm. The new tyre rules have definitely mixed things up enough and tbh I don't think it really needs anything more than that right now so why the FIA are so against reverting back to the old system I have no idea, other than the fact they don't really want to admit that the new quali rules were wrong which is just stupid really.

Kind of makes me wonder whether Brernie Ecclestone and Sepp Blatter are related given the mess they've both been getting into lately :p