Official Football Thread

I'm personally glad. He has done nothing positive this season for me except helping Januzaj break through. He bought Mata, which I like, but that was a panic buy IMO. 

The fact is, there are better managers out there who we can get, so why keep him?

What managers are available? Van Gaal's the only one that is available

If the Champions league is as important as you lot say it is then why is Klopp, Simeone or Conte going to leave their teams who are in the competition?

We'll have to see what happens. I think Van Gaal will get it, but things can change quickly when a job like this comes up.

Either way, the new guy will have £150 million to spend plus anything from players we sell.
Cleverley (6-8 million), Nani (8-12 million), Young (8 - 10 million) , Evans (6 -8 million), Buttner 3-6 million), Welbeck (10-15 million), Evra and Ferdinand all have to go. Not sure if Rio and Evra are going on free or for money, but I reckon we'll get at the absolute maximum 60 million on sales and a minimum of about 35 - 40 million. 

Dunno what you'd make of those prices, but I think they are fair given todays market. The only reason I'd keep Smalling is because we need to keep him for backup. Jones is borderline but he can do better in my opinion and he can play in RB, CB, CDM so he is a decent asset to have.

Welbeck for me has to go over Hernandez to make way for someone better like Cavani (linked recently). Either way you look at it, I expect all these players to be leaving, except MAYBE Evans, he might be ok to stay just in case, but I expect to sign atleast 2 centre backs (Garay, Inigo Martinez or Mangala). 

Midfield wise, I'd keep Carrick and Fletcher, could sell Fletcher to make way for someone better, but it is good to have him as back up. Fellaini I'd sell but he only joined last year so you know, has to stay really. 

Kagawa should stay, and play but if we can use him to tempt Dortmund into giving us Reus or another club a better player, I wouldn't lose sleep over it because he doesn't play and the No.10 role is overcrowded by 3 top players right now, so getting a better player in a better position for United would be a priority IMO.

Think Evra and Ferdinand will leave for free? Pretty sure they are out of contract?

Players i'd get rid of or try to get rid of would be Evra, Ferdinand, Cleverly, Carrick, Young, Welbeck, Nani, Giggs and Fellaini. Can't make my mind up on Buttner,  Kagawa, Jones and Smalling.

Thats a lot of players that need replacing and its not gonna happen all this summer

Think Evra and Ferdinand will leave for free? Pretty sure they are out of contract?

Players i'd get rid of or try to get rid of would be Evra, Ferdinand, Cleverly, Carrick, Young, Welbeck, Nani, Giggs and Fellaini. Can't make my mind up on Buttner,  Kagawa, Jones and Smalling.

Thats a lot of players that need replacing and its not gonna happen all this summer
Giggs will probably retire anyway wouldn't surprise me if Ferdinand doesn't as well  to be honest given he has had a few recent injury problems

So without Hazard, Terry, Cech, Ramires for the next few weeks. The most important week of our season. Tbh, I don't think Terry will be out for as long as the press says. He sprained his ankle and he's Mr Chelsea, perhaps rested for Liverpool and risked against Athletico next Wednesday

I've never seen a club regress so much in less than a year. Nothing good ever happens when appointing a player-manager.

@EdMa Schwarzer > Cech

I've never seen a club regress so much in less than a year. Nothing good ever happens when appointing a player-manager.

@EdMa Schwarzer > Cech

well gigs is just a stop gapmeasuer to see United till the end of the season I think they're just writing this season as done anyway

Lets be honest they wrote it off after the Liverpool/City defeats. Even more so after losing to Sunderland in the COC.

@EdMa Schwarzer > Cech

well gigs is just a stop gapmeasuer to see United till the end of the season I think they're just writing this season as done anyway
I'm going to stick my neck out and say Giggs won't lose a game as the interim manager. The Glazers will be adequately impressed and will make him permanent because they're all nostalgic and sentimental. United finish 10th next season.

*fingers crossed*

I don't want Giggs permanently. I think Van Gaal should be recruited and Giggs should learn from him, then maybe in a few years he can take over. Maybe.

Keep Carrick, Welbeck and Nani. Possibly Cleverley. Get rid of the rest, plus Buttner. No idea why you'd want to give up Kagawa, Jones or Smalling. Especially the later two, both young and pretty good players.

Chelsea - 31% possession - "Parked the bud" Real Madrid - 28% possession - "Defended really well"

What if you get relegated and Rooney scores 100 goals at his new club?
Hahahahaha. That was funny. United do have more chance of being relegated then Rooney has of getting another 100 goals. For anyone.

The Oyston's are a disgrace. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2611556/Blackpool-exclusive-Club-owners-paying-26m-Premier-League-promotion.html

FIFA/UEFA whoever have confirmed that any team that fails the FFP rules will not get kicked out of European competition.

So in other words, there is no punishment for breaking the FFP rules.

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/5FynV5tAhsZXnA7msHHlsQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptussowexperts/dart.jpg Ramires 4 game ban. Aguero 0 game ban Agueto

They could hand teams a transfer ban for breaking FFP rules. But Barca had theirs suspended. Sports are becoming a joke, hand out a penalty, only to overturn it later. So that basically means that anyone can break the law Barca broke, have it overturned and then reap the rewards in years to come if those young players turn out good.