Official Football Thread

mike96 said:

Decided to treat myself to some new boots....

#NoHaters
Well the color is a bit.... weird. 

EDIT: And btw why isn't that post to the latest purchace thread? :P
I didn't actually get them in the end so no :P

But there's some damn colourful boots available atm, the majority of them are awful

http://mashable.com/2014/04/28/soccer-star-eats-banana-thrown-at-him/ This was likely already posted, but I thought it was hilarious how he handled the situation. Good on him.

The FA are a joke. Banning our assistant manager for 6 games with a stadium ban for swearing even though much worse is said by players on the pitch every single game. Pardew headbutts a player and gets less of a stadium ban than an assistant who disagreed with a decision that wasn't even correct. And to top it all off he gets a £30.000 pound fine. Then Mourinho gets a fine for being sarcastic. How the bell can you punish someone for being sarcastic? We all know what he meant, but the FA punishing someone for saying the referees have been good all season is basically admitting that they have been **** all year. Mark Hughes criticised the referee after Stoke's last game against Spurs. But he doesn't get punished. They don't punish refs who make crap, biased decisions week after week. Then the FA get their best laywers out when it comes to overturning Rooneys Euro ban in 2012.

I have to admit I think the punishment for Faria is harsh. I also think not being allowed to say that referees were awful is stupid too.

Man United have been linked with Hummels, Muller, Gotze, Kroos, Reus, Carvalho and Fabregas. I bet we will sign none of these.

I'd really like to get Muller out of those players, such an underrated and quality player, always thought he was awesome.

The final is set up to be a cracker, the 2 games so far between them have been awesome.

Hard to decide who will win, imo Real have the best squad in the world and the front 3 of Ronaldo, Benzema and Bale is just wow. Athletico don't really have the best players in the world, but they work well as a team and thats why they have done so well this season, bit like Dortmund.

Guardiola's no a bad manager eh.............

I really want Atletico to win it, but I just know Real Madrid will, which is a shame. It just proves once again, money buys trophies. 

Mind you, I'd rather see Real Madrid win it than Chelsea or Man City.

AMS97KRR said:
I really want Atletico to win it, but I just know Real Madrid will, which is a shame. It just proves once again, money buys trophies. 

Hah, i wouldn't bet on it. Athletico have already beaten Real 1-0 at the Bernabeu and drawn 2-2 at the Vincente Calderon, and are sitting top of La Liga. This could be the first La Liga in 18 years for them and the first time in god knows how long to win the double where Real will only have the Copa.

That said i think Real are overdue a Champions League and will want to make sure Athletico do not do the double and they do it instead if not the triple.

Can see this being the best final for quite some time...

AMS97KRR said:

Hah, i wouldn't bet on it. Athletico have already beaten Real 1-0 at the Bernabeu and drawn 2-2 at the Vincente Calderon, and are sitting top of La Liga. This could be the first La Liga in 18 years for them and the first time in god knows how long to win the double over Real.

That said i think Real are overdue a Champions League and will want to make sure Athletico do not do the double and they do it instead if not the triple...

neither would I think it'll be a closely fought match

di9dn't do ourselves any favours today but hopefully Sherwood's replacement can get us back where we want to be

Haha, get that right up ye rangers! Spent 10.4m on wages for that crap squad, we spent 400k and you can't beat us #Zombies #GoingBust #WeHaveHistory

GET IN THERE!!! I really think we can do the impossible and stay up now. One win and we're safe. Two home games left against bottom half opposition, ha way the lads!

Platy said:
Luek is a lucky fan today.
Been unlucky for 90% of the season though :P

Absolutely over the moon still, what a way to do it! 

All i had before the match was every Villa fan saying enjoy league 1, haven't heard a peep from them since we equalised. Hahahaha

Norwich, Cardiff and Fulham do realise that two of them will still go down even if their appeal against Ji goes through, right?

It appears that Western Sydney are still Wandering what it's like to win the title.
West Sydney will be Wandering what happened after a pitiful Grand Final performance.
Western Sydney. You go in Wandering how wonderful it can be. Ninety minutes later, you leave bruised and undignified.
Western Sydney is an excrement hole.

They've always been crap. Got bought out by Man City though. Owner wants to change the name to Melbourne City, use the same logo and change their kit to sky blue and white, but Sydney FC are against it. I'm pretty sure the owner also didn't know that the A-League has a salary cap, so unfortunately, no Messi, Bale and Ronaldo in Melbourne unless they're willing to take a drastic paycut.

That same U20's team drew with The Rangers 1st team yesterday. A team that cost in excess of 70m........

#GoingBust  #WeAreThePaypal