Official Football Thread

Norwich getting a draw with Chelsea may have just cost both sides massively. Norwich badly needed the win because of Sunderland, and now Chelsea have no chance of winning the title. 

If Norwich don't beat Arsenal, they are down. If Sunderland get so much as a point, they are safe.

Liverpool losing a 3 goal lead and probably the title. That is hilarious. 

[IMG]https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/01B146429A1075208177726922752_2b6feeade7e.0.3.12139702417693275543.mp4?versionId=XND1gJ841NVA6MM31syTIDJW_oCZ_NsP[/IMG]

Robbie Fowler is a tit. Apparently we're no better under Mourinho compared with Rafa. Apart from beating Galatasary and PSG, leading Athletico Madrid. Beating United, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal and City, being 12 points better off in the league and being in the title hunt till the second last match of the season. 

Sour grapes.Why is there such a huge Liverpool bias in the media? 

Funny how no one said a thing when Chelsea's 'tactics' backfired on them two games in a row. I'd take a 3-3 draw over a 0-0 one any day of the week. Counts for more in the standings, too.
EdMa said:
Robbie Fowler is a tit. Apparently we're no better under Mourinho compared with Rafa. Apart from beating Galatasary and PSG, leading Athletico Madrid. Beating United, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal and City, being 12 points better off in the league and being in the title hunt till the second last match of the season. 

We're two points ahead of you going into the final game of the season, nothing to be sour about. Also if you're going to start calling football personalities 'tits', I'd suggest you look a little closer to home to begin with.

The Palace fans are absolutely awesome, they truly are the 12th man. Never stopped singing the whole night even when they were 3-0 down and it paid off in the end

To be fair, Chelsea's tactics didn't backfire against Norwich, unless you call 71% possession and 23 shots to 6, 'parking the bus'. Even against Athletico they had 52% possession and 17 shots to 14.

Praise ugly football!

Hopefully Liverpool fans and players should shut up about criticizing defensive football.It may not be pretty to watch but who cares when you win. We've very nearly won the league this season because our defense is so much better than City or Liverpool's. A team that had our defense and Liverpool/ City's strike force could get over a 100 points in a season. 

Could have had Sturridge. Said it was stupid to sell him at the time, but Rafa thought nah, I'd rather Ba. 

Tbf to him he did want Negredo but went for Ba in the end. 

To be fair, Chelsea's tactics didn't backfire against Norwich, unless you call 71% possession and 23 shots to 6, 'parking the bus'.
What I meant was that they got a taste of their own medicine.

EdMa said:
Hopefully Liverpool fans and players should shut up about criticizing defensive football.
No reason for us to do so. Strong defence =/= defensive football.

FFP is a toothless tiger. I wonder how they'll pay the fine too. Can it be bankrolled by the Sheikh?

yugin96 said:
Funny how no one said a thing when Chelsea's 'tactics' backfired on them two games in a row. I'd take a 3-3 draw over a 0-0 one any day of the week. Counts for more in the standings, too.
EdMa said:

We're two points ahead of you going into the final game of the season, nothing to be sour about. Also if you're going to start calling football personalities 'tits', I'd suggest you look a little closer to home to begin with.

yugin96 said:
EdMa said:

Two years ago defensive football won us the Champions League. Your defense is a joke, conceded more than Hull this year and it's Suarez and Sturridge who have saved you. Deny it all you want you know you'd rather have our defense. In the space of 8 days you're title challenge has crumbled because of two defensive parallels. Couldn't find a way through our second choice defense, and a weakened team, although admittedly still strong, and then crumbling away to Palace in the space of 10 minutes because your defense ***** itself when it senses the smallest chance of it conceding. 

We may not have a strong attack and finish the season trophyless, but our strong backline has got us to a Champions League semi final defeating Galatasary and PSG on the way there, and holding out Diego Costa for 150 minutes. They only really got to us when we put two up top when trying to get a winner. More so depending on City's result tomorrow, we could also end up having taken the title to the last day with Torres, Ba and a man who could possibly in his 40's. Whilst our rivals have SAS, Coutinho, Sterling and Aguero, Negredo, Dzeko and Jovetic. 

Besides we've only parked the bus in the big games  = 16 points from 18 v the Big teams, and we got let down badly in the defeats away to Villa, and a ref from the Wirral who supports Liverpool, in the defeat to Sunderland. Palace away we were awful, and the Norwich match showed how effective the defensive tactic is. They kept out Torres and Ba. We kept out Messi, Mario Gomez, Robben and Ribery two years ago. 

You let Dwight Gayle score twice in 8 minutes. 

Sit down. Shut up. 

@EdMa The same referee that is who missed the most blatant punch in the face ever seen in football...

I honestly don't get the point of that long ranting paragraph. I never denied that our defence is an absolute liability, and I never said that defensive football can't be succesful- what I did say is that that style of football is negative and unattractive, and hence it's funny when it doesn't work, or when Chelsea themselves encounter a team they can't break down. Why are you defending (pun unintended) your team so hard? In any case you only have yourselves to blame for an inferior strikeforce- you had 50 million and blew it on Torres. We got SAS for less than that.

Also, I will not 'sit down and shut up', but will suggest that you consider taking an anger management course.

yugin96 said:
I honestly don't get the point of that long ranting paragraph. I never denied that our defence is an absolute liability, and I never said that defensive football can't be succesful- what I did say is that that style of football is negative and unattractive, and hence it's funny when it doesn't work, or when Chelsea themselves encounter a team they can't break down. Why are you defending (pun unintended) your team so hard? In any case you only have yourselves to blame for an inferior strikeforce- you had 50 million and blew it on Torres. We got SAS for less than that.

Also, I will not 'sit down and shut up', but will suggest that you consider taking an anger management course.
How about you you actually post in other threads rather than coming out of the woodwork whenever I post in this thread. You lost 2-0 and blew a 3-0 lead to the poorest team in the league, with a striker who played for a team who were releagted to League One last season. You don't deserve to win the league. 

mike96 said:
Wow, a 60 million fine for City for breaking the FFP!
Did you see what PSG got?

Nice, a team breaks rules regarding spending too much and get fined for it. Ironic.

They should've been banned from UEFA competitions. Of course, I might be biased as I want a Europa League spot...