Official Football Thread

Platy said:
mike96 said:
Wow, a 60 million fine for City for breaking the FFP!
Did you see what PSG got?
Yeah I just saw that they got a 60 million fine as well

mike96 said:
Platy said:
mike96 said:
Along with...

Sponsorship deal halved (200m to 100m), 21 players instead of 25 in the CL (8 have to be homegrown still), 60m transfer limit, payroll blocked (have to clear salary room before they can sign anyone), reduced the deficit limit to 30m (from 45m). All in Euros btw.

I'm surprised UEFA actually done something rather than just a simple fine.

Platy said:
mike96 said:
Platy said:
mike96 said:
Along with...

Sponsorship deal halved (200m to 100m), 21 players instead of 25 in the CL (8 have to be homegrown still), 60m transfer limit, payroll blocked (have to clear salary room before they can sign anyone), reduced the deficit limit to 30m (from 45m). All in Euros btw.

That's for both teams ofcourse, right?

mike96 said:
Platy said:
mike96 said:
Platy said:
mike96 said:
Along with...

That's for both teams ofcourse, right?
Only PSG so far, I think City are negotiating with UEFA.

Well I think the "21 instead of 25 players in CL" stands for City as well, not sure about the rest.

Decent game. Giggs had a good 20 minutes, Wilson was good, Januzaj was really decent.

I swear I thought Giggs would announce his retirement in that speech.

Hi all,

I know football is a very passionate sport and gets the blood going at times but its been getting a little too close to the bone in places so before it gets any worse I'm politely asking if you could cool down and think before posting.

@EdMa you in particular and watch your language please guys.

Kisses 

Lee

Eurgh, got the 1st leg of the play off semi final tomorrow night, and we have no fit strikers, and its away, and we are not on form :( Play offs are the stupidest things ever, why should we have to prove ourselfs when we finished over 10 points ahead of 3rd?

Man City and PSG should be banned from the Champions League next season IMO. 

They're not going to be able to properly enforce FFP if teams know that there really isn't any penalty for breaching those rules. Full expulsion from all competitions, continetal and domestic is the way to go.

They're not going to be able to properly enforce FFP if teams know that there really isn't any penalty for breaching those rules. Full expulsion from all competitions, continetal and domestic is the way to go.
I agree ban them from next seasons CL is the best way to go under these circumstances and if they continue to break the rules ban them from future competitions.. You need to enforce rules and get tough when necessary like when Juventus was relegated from Serie A for bribing referees. Clubs need to know there will be serious repercussions to breaking the rules

Sorry, just been really really stressed with Uni assignments the last week, so when I saw this particular knobend member of the community say he doesn't mind letting a three goal lead slip because they're ahead of us by two points, I snapped. 

EdMa said:
Sorry, just been really really stressed with Uni assignments the last week, so when I saw this particular knobend member of the community say he doesn't mind letting a three goal lead slip because they're ahead of us by two points, I snapped. 
Funny, I don't remember ever saying that. What did happen was that you laughed at us for letting a three goal lead slip, so I laughed at you for still being behind you in the league. Don't see how you can take offence and 'snap' because of that.

You said you'd rather take a 3-3 draw than a 0-0. And happened to mention you were ahead of us. Who the hell rather has a 3-3 draw when they're 3-0 up? Typical Scouse attitude. Oh but I forgot, you're not even from Liverpool.

EdMa said:
You said you'd rather take a 3-3 draw than a 0-0. 
My statement stands.

And happened to mention you were ahead of us.
Simply my response to you laughing at us in the first place.

Who the hell rather has a 3-3 draw when they're 3-0 up?
Where the hell did I say that? Stop putting words in my mouth.

Typical Scouse attitude. Oh but I forgot, you're not even from Liverpool.
Precisely, I'm not from Liverpool. What's your point?

I don't like the "Support your local team" thing. I mean Man City are owned by Arabians (No racism intended), have foreign Mercenaries playing for them and produce no youth talent. Is that really a Manchester club? You can say the same of United, but to a much lesser extent as they produce young talent and have English players who regularly play. 

I just don't like the local team thing, If I move to Manchester (closer to United), are Man United my local team then?

Norwich City are my local team, and It is sad to see them relegated, I'd probably support them If United went out of business entirely. 

I don't want to contribute/start an argument, but I just wonder what other people think

Are you saying Man City didn't exist until they were taken over?

I agree completely. I'm not even from England. Does that mean I have to support my local **** team ? No. Especially when the only thing related to the the team and it's area is the name. National teams are a whole different matter for me though.

Supporting your local team is a huge part of the culture of football. Unfortunately most people here are too young to have been around before TV and money ruled football, even I'm too young to fully remember a time before Sky took over. I have been to games before the Premier League existed, barely remember them though as I was 6-7 at the time.

It's much easier for younger fans to jump on the bandwagon of the big teams as they're broadcast all over TV and it's much easier to follow them. Ideally for Sky they will continue to kill off the lower leagues until they can form a European league with all the big clubs and fill their pockets with those huge paychecks from advertisers.

Platy said:
Supporting your local team is a huge part of the culture of football. Unfortunately most people here are too young to have been around before TV and money ruled football, even I'm too young to fully remember a time before Sky took over. I have been to games before the Premier League existed, barely remember them though as I was 6-7 at the time.

It's much easier for younger fans to jump on the bandwagon of the big teams as they're broadcast all over TV and it's much easier to follow them. Ideally for Sky they will continue to kill off the lower leagues until they can form a European league with all the big clubs and fill their pockets with those huge paychecks from advertisers.
that's why I generally hate Man Utd supporters. They were winning everything when i was younger so the majority of people supported them. It seriously annoyed me. Although I know not everyone's like that and it is natural (it's the reason I support Schumi and Rossi)

I feel sorry for the fans of big teams, there's nothing better than feeling all the emotions of following your local team, i can certainly vouch for that having done pretty much the full circle.

I'm glad i chose Dunfermline over one of the bigot brothers

Everything Platy said is spot on.
I hate the fact at work i know 2 Blues fans, 3 Villa fans and about 7 Man Utd fans, and 5 Arsenal fans. I live in Birmingham, not London or Manchester! 

I don't understand why you wouldn't support and back your local team. The only reason to support a Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal ect is because they are guaranteed to win something most seasons.