Official Football Thread

Going off the World Cup for a moment. Seeing as Shakhtar Donetsk won the Ukrainian Premier League and have an automatic spot in the Champions League, what will happen if the current cluster**** in the region continues through the start of next season?
I think the games are moved to a neutral venue normally in cases like that. But that's only if they can't secure the ground and the transport areas around it. I think that's standard procedure anyway. Let's just hope things die down by then

Going off the World Cup for a moment. Seeing as Shakhtar Donetsk won the Ukrainian Premier League and have an automatic spot in the Champions League, what will happen if the current cluster**** in the region continues through the start of next season?
The games will be moved to another country, probably Cyprus. This is what happened with the Dynamo Kiev vs Valencia game in the Europa League

Could be an expensive summer for us, I've heard we're spending £19,208,000 on 3 players...

@JordieDAFC - just wanted to point out that the correct name for "Holland" is actually "The Netherlands"

AMS97KRR said:
@JordieDAFC - just wanted to point out that the correct name for "Holland" is actually "The Netherlands"
Does it really make a difference ? I've hated Holland since the last World Cup because of how dirty they played. AND they got away with it somehow.

AMS97KRR said:
Does it really make a difference ? I've hated Holland since the last World Cup because of how dirty they played. AND they got away with it somehow.
Yes, I believe Holland is a region in the Netherlands. I think. It would be like me referring to England as Norfolk or Lancashire 

I think you're both right :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netherlands

"The Netherlands in its entirety is often referred to as "Holland", which in strict usage, refers only to North and South Holland, two of its provinces. The former usage is considered incorrect[11][12] or informal,[13] depending on the context, but is generally accepted when referring to the national football team."

AMS97KRR said:
AMS97KRR said:
Yes, I believe Holland is a region in the Netherlands. I think. It would be like me referring to England as Norfolk or Lancashire 
You learn something new everyday.  :P Still , it's commonly known as Holland so as log as people know what you're referring to , it's fine imo

AMS97KRR said:
Fascinating!   :-bd

Pretty good of Wilshire to go to Scholes to see how he could improve his game. Could easily have said Scholes was talking a load of rubbish when he questioned Wilshire's progress.

Arsenal  are gonna choke! :D

I came so close to putting £10 on Hull to win, 11/4 they were as well...

Psh, Athletico vs Barca is where its at....

FA cup is a nothing game compared to this :P
This . That goal from Sanchez .  :-O
I missed his goal, and Godin's :(

As much as i like Real, its good that Athletico won. I doubt there will ever be another La Liga as entertaining as this season has been. Its been brilliant to watch. Especially as it got to the final few weeks.

Barca looked out of it and managed to pull themselves back into such that they could actually win it. Athletico looked to throw it away a few times and Real were destined to win it but failed to beat Sociedad which pretty much ruled them out of winning it.

Not finished yet either, still 2 teams to be relegated out of the 5 teams in danger.......

Can't beat Spanish foosball

The playoffs can fuck right off. Why the fuck should a team that finished 2nd bottom get a chance to stay up, and why should a team that finished 2nd by a huge margin have to prove themselves worthy of promotion? Same old rewarding teams for failure.

This is why Scottish Football sucks.

In all seriousness though i really don't understand why the top tier still only has 12 teams. That is such a stupid idea.