Official Football Thread

I was playing the World Cup game demo so it got me exited :P

Its got a pretty high chance of being a mess. Think i saw there's 2 stadiums that won't be ready?
The demo's out ?  :-O See you in 2 days . :)
Yeah, been out since Thursday i think? Yet another WC game thats better than the actual fifa...

The menus look so cluttered because of all the colours and shapes going on. I know it's the same basic template as the FIFA 14 ones but, I don't know, it looks like a two-year old's finger painting.

Its got a pretty high chance of being a mess. Think i saw there's 2 stadiums that won't be ready?
Yeah, been out since Thursday i think? Yet another WC game thats better than the actual fifa...
the annoying thing is it's not being released on PC AGAIN but I'm suer it'll be good for those that do buy it

Only played 3 games so far but it's been brilliant. Drew 2 lost 1. Score a brilliant bicycle with Neymar too. Really enjoying it.

The player movements are a lot more realistic on the Ps3. I'm really struggling to win a game :L
I've preordered the full version for my PS3 would have preffered a PC version fortunately I do have a PS3 as backup don't have the means of getting the demo as my PS3 is not connected to the internet like my desktop is I watched a vid of it on youtube earlier and it looked good

The player movements are a lot more realistic on the Ps3. I'm really struggling to win a game :L
I had to turn up the first touch control because it was just unbearable. Players aren't that shit in real life.

I've preordered the full version for my PS3 would have preffered a PC version fortunately I do have a PS3 as backup don't have the means of getting the demo as my PS3 is not connected to the internet like my desktop is I watched a vid of it on youtube earlier and it looked good
You won't be disappointed. IMO the graphics are pretty good for being a PS3 game. Its good playing the WC games a few years after they came out, i stil play the 2010 world cup game from time to time :P

I had to turn up the first touch control because it was just unbearable. Players aren't that shit in real life.
I didn't find the first touch that bad, if you hold L2 when receiving the ball its usually fine.

I was thinking the exact same thing actually. The gameplay is pretty different but it's actually quite a bit better than the actual Fifa.....again.
The menus look so cluttered because of all the colours and shapes going on. I know it's the same basic template as the FIFA 14 ones but, I don't know, it looks like a two-year old's finger painting.
Yeah the menus do look pretty messi (pardon the pun , I couldn't help myself) but the game play itself is brilliant imo.

I still can't believe this actually happened last night.
https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/24CCF7746F1065035068214747136_217dfbd7f1f.0.0.2297470152324155171.mp4?versionId=i10UO02sWQdmeZtgOASiHZvxTc6UyhKb

Past couple of weeks there have been some really good goals like Rooney's and (as much as I hate to admit it) Engelaar's.

fIsince08 said:
I still can't believe this actually happened last night.
https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/24CCF7746F1065035068214747136_217dfbd7f1f.0.0.2297470152324155171.mp4?versionId=i10UO02sWQdmeZtgOASiHZvxTc6UyhKb
To be fair though it was more an opportunistic goal than a great one. Keeper was far too slow to get back into position.

You won't be disappointed. IMO the graphics are pretty good for being a PS3 game. Its good playing the WC games a few years after they came out, i stil play the 2010 world cup game from time to time :P

I didn't find the first touch that bad, if you hold L2 when receiving the ball its usually fine.

I know I still play the 2010 game as well and the 2006 one on PC from time to timeI'm just annoyed that PC is missing out again  because EA are a lazy bunch of idiots the PS3 and the PC use the same friggin engine yet they don't release the game on PC

[-X

I played the 2006 game for hours on end. Best World Cup game.

EDIT: This has reignited my interest. 
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B000EVRWYC/ref=dp_olp_used_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=used
Shipping will be an absolute nightmare though.

Hate how they use almost the same animations for the crowd in the World Cup/Euro's games. The ones with the three or four characters celebrating like retards, and then the rest of the crowd blurred out. 

I mean I know current gen is almost a decade old but still. Those animations looked good on a PSP seven or eight years ago. 

Also hate the orange tint in the demo-reminds me of a Codemasters game. 

I played the 2006 game for hours on end. Best World Cup game.
yeah it's a good one but it's the last one they released on PC they didn't do 2010 and they're not doing 2014 either I could understand 2010 as the PS3 engine hadn't been converted over to PC yet but it is now so why are they leaving PC out again? Shows them to be a bunch of idiots if you ask me. Mind you it's not the only game they do this with they do this with PGA NHL even the Madden series too you could argue makes you wonder who the hell is running that company because I think they need a change of management. PC players are always getting shafted by them

If everything finishes as it is right now in the Championship, we're sitting 2 points off the playoffs with 5 games left. Never thought Ipswich would be in this position this close to the end.

Haha what an awesome night. We're the only team in London that wins anything.

EdMa said:
Haha what an awesome night. We're the only team in London that wins anything.
What is it with  Chelsea and the Champions League ? (Not that they're a bad team or anything). Good or bad , they always seem to at least make the semis.

Hilarious.

Edit: I mean the top ten lists, both for this season and of all time.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/itvs-adrian-chiles-voted-the-most-gaffe-prone-football-pundit-this-season-9250734.html