Official Football Thread

Lukedfrt said:
This is why Scottish Football sucks.

In all seriousness though i really don't understand why the top tier still only has 12 teams. That is such a stupid idea.
Nobody knows. I think the idea was it would work the same way as the Premiership in having "elite" teams. It had the potential to be good, but the TV money stuffed it.
fIsince08 said:
I don't get the league splitting part.  :-/
The league splits into 2 mini leagues, one being the Championship half, the other the Relegation. The top half all play each-other once and so do the bottom half .

Lukedfrt said:

In all seriousness though i really don't understand why the top tier still only has 12 teams. That is such a stupid idea.
Nobody knows. I think the idea was it would work the same way as the Premiership in having "elite" teams. It had the potential to be good, but the TV money stuffed it.
fIsince08 said:
The league splits into 2 mini leagues, one being the Championship half, the other the Relegation. The top half all play each-other once and so do the bottom half .

Bit unfair on the home advantage though. Stupid system.

fIsince08 said:
Lukedfrt said:

fIsince08 said:

Bit unfair on the home advantage though. Stupid system.
All the SPL grounds a lifeless and souless, so home advantage doesn't really work. Only exceptions being Aberdeen and Motherwell

£50 million for Davod Luiz days after being fined for breaching FFP. Nice one PSG and Mr. Platini.

Pffft , I wouldn't miss him if I I were you. I seriously don't like the guy , and £50 million is a good deal imo.

Lukedfrt said:
Can't believe he's worth that much!
I think the only reason for that is it's PSG. They can afford to put in an irrefusable offer.

I'm not saying it's a bad deal. It's great from our perspective.But it's a massive middle finger up to FFP. We may have spent hideously in the past, but I'm glad that we seem to be making an effort to abide by the rules comfortably, and we can do so when sides like PSG are happy to spend such a stupid amount. Cue Yugin bitching about Torres.

I really want them to keep spending, then breach FFP again. Thinking transfer embargo and European expulsion. Of course, this is all just fantasy.

EdMa said:
Cue Yugin bitching about Torres.
LOL. I never bitched about him, I only laughed at you for paying 50 million for him.

fIsince08 said:
Dammit, Arry's back.
Scraped a 1-0 win via the playoffs with a team worth more than Atletico's. MOTY

I think that was one of the most boring halves I've ever seen.
I don't know about that I've found the game quite intriguing so far Real to melooked like they hada slight edge then all of a sudden Atletico popping one in the back of the net albeit with a bit of help from Casillas