Official Football Thread

Andy Townsend is worst of the bunch. The stuff he comes out with makes me question what fucking match he is watching.

About time Hibs got relegated, should have spent your money more wisely.........
Imagine next season in the Scottish Championship! Hibs, rangers and Hearts all battling for the title!

About time Hibs got relegated, should have spent your money more wisely.........
Imagine next season in the Scottish Championship! Hibs, rangers and Hearts all battling for the title!
Yeah, really pisses me off that we didn't get promoted back to the Championship, there's so much money to be made. I suppose at least one of them will still be there...

looks like Pocchetino is on his way to White Hart lane as Sherwoods replacement could be an interesting season next year

40 million isn't bad.
He is one of our best players and only arrived in January. Selling him would be a huge mistake. He did well for United in the short time between Jan and May

Apparently Alonso was having a medical today at Sunderland today. Someone was talking to him at Roker and he said he passed. Gerrin!

fIsince08 said:
Apparently Alonso was having a medical today at Sunderland today. Someone was talking to him at Roker and he said he passed. Gerrin!
Fernando Alonso's gone and done what now? *checks thread title* oh... wait. 

What happens when you open an F1 and a Football thread at the same time.

yugin96 said:
fIsince08 said:
Fernando Alonso's gone and done what now? *checks thread title* oh... wait. 

What happens when you open an F1 and a Football thread at the same time.
The same happened to me lol. Took me a while to figure out I was in the football thread.

I was expecting people to get confused between Xabi and Marcos, but not Fernando :p

I don't think anyone would think Xabi would be at Sunderland.

interesting time ahead for Spurs me thinks with Pocchettino in charge
Cracking manager by the looks of it and young too.

Who will be his replacement at Saints?

fIsince08 said:

well at least he's proven himself in our league unlike his predecessors AVB and Shrewood so that's a step up I think. Sherwood just needs a small club to get started with really oputting him in charge of Tottenham with no pervious experience is not the way to go. He needs to take a leaf out of Martinez's book start small and build yourself up. May helpthe likes of Soldado find the form he left behind back in Spain too I hope given Saints don't have a big reputation I don't think it'll be that big a manager

fIsince08 said:

Laudrup, unless he goes to Granada

I'm sorry but how the hell do Liverpool win the "Fair Play" award with Suarez on the team? And how are we bottom!!!  http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2013-14/may/liverpool-and-sunderland-win-2013-14-fair-play-league-awards.html

YES!

https://twitter.com/SAFCofficial/status/471708612944228352

Seeing some United fans celebrating Malcolm Glazers death. Pretty disgusting and typical of a large majority if their fans tbh.

He only dumped over £500m worth of debt on United (who were debt free), making them have one of the largest debts in sport so its hardly a surprise....