Official Football Thread

Shame Bardsley is leaving in the summer, one of the few who seems to give a damn about the club. 8 players are out of contract and 3 regulars are loanees.

So we'll lose:
Bardsley
Colback
Gardner
Larsson
Ustari
Cuellar
Westwood
Dossena
Alonso
Ki
Borini
Vergini
Celustka

Now, if the rumours are true then N'Diaye, Giaccherini, Altidore, Johnson, Fletcher, Diakite and Cattermole could also all be gone. I'd like to keep Cuellar, Ustari/Westwood, Johnson and Cattermole out of the players who are actually ours, although Pickford could make a good number 2 goalie. Alonso, Ki and Borini would be good to keep too, though that isn't going to happen.

If we had Watmore on the wing and an in form Scocco, we simply need an entire defense, four midfielders and a lot of actually decent strikers. Wickham might be OK in the championship like.

Spurs realised they had a chance at 4th and had to throw it away.

Why CM'S dont you make a new sinsible soccer with modern graphics..??i was big fun of it in amaigas back in mid 90's...
<:-P

Platy said:
Spurs realised they had a chance at 4th and had to throw it away.
I blame Levy for that as I think we shoud never have got rid of Redknapp because I think had he still been in charge we'd have had an outside chance of winning the league this year never mind top 4 if he'd stayed in charge

No chance, Redknapp's an over-rated manager. The reason why Spurs aren't challenging for the top 4 is because Bale went to Madrid and the core of the team was replaced. Very few teams would be able to remain a top club with such an overhaul.

Platy said:
No chance, Redknapp's an over-rated manager. The reason why Spurs aren't challenging for the top 4 is because Bale went to Madrid and the core of the team was replaced. Very few teams would be able to remain a top club with such an overhaul.
I doubt that would have happened under Redknapp though that was AVB's fault his successor not Redknapp's in my opinion AVB decided to try to do things his own way and it didn't work we shouldn't have hired him in the first place and I even said that when we hired him. I wouldn't say Redknapp was overrated as we were heading in the right direction at least I thought so we weer just unlucky that Chelsea won the CL that year which undid all of his good work putting us in that position

You don't think Spurs would have sold Bale if Redknapp was in charge? OK dude, stay in your own little fantasy world.

Platy said:
You don't think Spurs would have sold Bale if Redknapp was in charge? OK dude, stay in your own little fantasy world.
No because I doubt Bale have wanted to leave if he f3elt he was in a club that could challenge for silverware

Platy said:
It's Real Madrid...
just because it was RM that came calling wouldn't have made any difference I don't think at least to me I know if Redknapp had stayed and if I were in Bale's shoes I would have stayed put no matter what I wsa offered from them

Platy said:
It's Real Madrid...
just because it was RM that came calling wouldn't have made any difference I don't think at least to me I know if Redknapp had stayed and if I were in Bale's shoes I would have stayed put no matter what I wsa offered from them
Jordan Henderson.

End of argument.

fIsince08 said:
Platy said:
It's Real Madrid...
Jordan Henderson.

End of argument.
what are you talking about? Also my brother like me is a Spurs fan and he agrees with me on this so I don't think I'm too far off

Real Madrid holds a special draw for nearly every player on this planet. The weather is better than the UK, they are a team steeped in history and success and, generally speaking, they always have a few of the best players in the world in their team.

I'm sorry, SJsharp, but if you really think Bale would of said no to Real Madrid just because Redknapp was there you are deluding yourself. Bale had personal reasons for leaving (Higher wage, just had a child, CL football and currently the best player in the world to learn from in Ronaldo) and Spurs had reasons for selling (Are you really going to reject 80+ Million?). 

I understand you are a massive Spurs fan, but no manager could of kept Bale at Spurs. They simply weren't Real Madrid.

fIsince08 said:
Platy said:
It's Real Madrid...
Jordan Henderson.

End of argument.
what are you talking about? Also my brother like me is a Spurs fan and he agrees with me on this so I don't think I'm too far off
Henderson is a mackem, played for Sunderland and was popular and good. Left for Liverpool as they were a better team.

Your wish is my command.

If Wigan win, will Wenger walk? World record for most Ws in a sentence?

I don't think Wenger has long left at Arsenal anyway to be honest. Dunno who else is available like?

fIsince08 said:
fIsince08 said:
Platy said:
It's Real Madrid...
Jordan Henderson.

End of argument.
Henderson is a mackem, played for Sunderland and was popular and good. Left for Liverpool as they were a better team.
tbf though and don't take any offence but I don't think Sunderland were going anywhere thoughj there was a chance we may have done given the way we were playing at that time

Fulham have surprised me, assumed they were dead and buried 2 weeks ago, hopefully Villa get dragged back in now :D

if they can win at least 1 moer then I'd say yes but they need a minimum of at least 1 more win but I think it's in their hands given there's only 4 games left