Official Football Thread

I doubt Mata went there for that reason alone, Man United is one the biggest clubs in the world, certainly the biggest in England.

I guess the fact that Celtic are our biggest club and are in the CL gives a positive reflection on Scottish Football........

Happy days! #BetterThanThePrem

AMS97KRR said:

I doubt Mata went there for that reason alone, Man United was one the biggest clubs in the world, certainly the biggest in England.

They are the biggest club, not the best, but they have among the most fans, make the most money etc.. 

You clearly don't understand so I'll leave you to figure it out, and when your finished being smart you'll see.

AMS97KRR said:

They are the biggest club, not the best, but they have among the most fans, make the most money etc.. 

You clearly don't understand so I'll leave you to figure it out, and when your finished being smart you'll see.

How many of them are glory hunters? (Not saying you are btw, and the same can be said for many other teams)

It's hard to judge who is the biggest club in the country as it falls to personal opinion. Yes you make the most money, but it's how you spend it that matters - Sunderland can vouch for that.

Man United lost the biggest club crown last season imho. I'd say Chelsea are the biggest club now.

Out of the 220 players to start in the premier league matches at the weekend, 85 were English. And even then one of those was Steven Fletcher.

fIsince08 said:
AMS97KRR said:

How many of them are glory hunters? (Not saying you are btw, and the same can be said for many other teams)

It's hard to judge who is the biggest club in the country as it falls to personal opinion. Yes you make the most money, but it's how you spend it that matters - Sunderland can vouch for that.

Man United lost the biggest club crown last season imho. I'd say Chelsea are the biggest club now.

Literally every Man Utd fan outside of Manchester is a glory hunter. 

Lukedfrt said:

fIsince08 said:
AMS97KRR said:

Not if they come from Manchester originally ;)

What annoys me is people wearing foreign club's (normally Barca or Real) shirts in England.

What if I wear a Sunderland away kit <3 in Melbourne?

Wearing one in Melbourne is fine, so long as you travel here to watch a match ;)

Lukedfrt said:

fIsince08 said:
AMS97KRR said:

How dare you..... :L 

fIsince08 said:
AMS97KRR said:

I'm sorry but there is no way Chelsea are the biggest club. No way ever.

Go to Asia, ask them to name a football team, guarantee it is "Manchester United" more often than not. Look how many English fans there is, look how many US fans turned up for United Vs Real Madrid and how many of them were wearing red. 

I'm sorry, but it isn't even a debate about who is biggest in England, and it is close between United, Real and Barca for worldwide size. Based on value, Man United are 3rd (£1.64 Billion), Barca next at £1.8 Billion and then Real Madrid with £2 Billion. Chelsea aren't even in the top 5. Heck, Arsenal are a bigger team than Chelsea

Last seasons result has nothing to do with club size, Income, fans, worldwide recognition, commercial deals etc.

And you cannot possibly know how many are glory hunters. I'd say a small percentage purely because they'd have left by now right? Why would I  or anyone else glory hunt a team who might struggle to finish 5th this season?

It's a sad reflection on English football when the biggest club doesn't even play in the Champions League. 

It was banter though when Liverpool still was the biggest and couldn't get in the Europa League. Maybe there is a trend going on here. But does it really matter who is the biggest? Other than the occassional bragging rights, I'm not too fussed about all that anymore.

AMS97KRR said:
fIsince08 said:
AMS97KRR said:

I'm sorry but there is no way Chelsea are the biggest club. No way ever.

Go to Asia, ask them to name a football team, guarantee it is "Manchester United" more often than not. Look how many English fans there is, look how many US fans turned up for United Vs Real Madrid and how many of them were wearing red. 

I'm sorry, but it isn't even a debate about who is biggest in England, and it is close between United, Real and Barca for worldwide size. Based on value, Man United are 3rd (£1.64 Billion), Barca next at £1.8 Billion and then Real Madrid with £2 Billion. Chelsea aren't even in the top 5. Heck, Arsenal are a bigger team than Chelsea

Last seasons result has nothing to do with club size, Income, fans, worldwide recognition, commercial deals etc.

And you cannot possibly know how many are glory hunters. I'd say a small percentage purely because they'd have left by now right? Why would I  or anyone else glory hunt a team who might struggle to finish 5th this season?

I agree I think that in terms of foreign countries knowledge of our game the majority would say Manchester Utd or Liverpool I think they're the biggest attractions in our league. That's not to say the rest of the PL don't attract too as they do but I think most think of those 2 clubs as the heavyweights because of the success that they've had. Most countries have a big 2 I'd say. Spain  of course have Real Madrid and Barcelona, Germany I would say Bayern Munich and Borrussia Dortmund, Scotland of course is Rangers and Celtic. Italy is probably Juventus and AC Milan. So as I said everybody has I think 2 clubs that steal the limelight. I'm not denying Chelsea aren't a big club because they are but they haven't won yet at the same levels as Man u or Liverpool have over the years and until they do they won't be recognised as such

Ac Milan were like 10th last season so in Italy it's more Juventus and Napoli and in Spain it is now 3 ;)

I was looking at the various histories of the various leagues not necessarily with what happened in the last 2 or 3 seasons but overall as I think you'll find AC Milan have won a lot more than Napoli have done over the years Again like with Chelsea they're a big club but haven't won regularly enough to put them in that class yet. Because you can use the same argument about Liverpool as although they've picked up the odd trophy they haven't matched the standard they set in the 70's/80's. They came close last season but that's another story.

We've finally scored from open play! If we win tonight it'll be the perfect day especially after becoming an uncle :D

Luke will explode if Birmingham win again at home...

Not often they win 2 games in a row nevermind both being at home...

Gutted with the end, totally deserved to win :/ And fuck knows where the ref got the 5 mins of added time from. 

But this is looking much better than last season!

It all depends on how you define who is the biggest club.

yeah it does but I generally go by who's had the most success over the years not so much who's successful now as that can change season on season As big a fan of Spurs as I am I know we're not the biggest club although we've had a fair amount of success over the years both domestically and inEurope as we were one of the first English clubs to win a European trophy but that was back when European football was stil in it's infancy. We've won 2 league titles and 8 FA cups over the years I believe. Got a DVD set of our wins as well which I bought from Spurs' website haven't watched them in a while though.

Ac Milan were like 10th last season so in Italy it's more Juventus and Napoli and in Spain it is now 3 ;)

I was looking at the various histories of the various leagues not necessarily with what happened in the last 2 or 3 seasons but overall as I think you'll find AC Milan have won a lot more than Napoli have done over the years Again like with Chelsea they're a big club but haven't won regularly enough to put them in that class yet. Because you can use the same argument about Liverpool as although they've picked up the odd trophy they haven't matched the standard they set in the 70's/80's. They came close last season but that's another story.

I agree but now it is tose that I said  and if it stays like this is for some time will be a Juve and Napoli and 3 in Spain