Official Football Thread

Panic in Manchester......

There is no panic. This is our best team (As of now, we'll probably sign 2 more players yet and yes IMO we should drop 3 at the back):

___________De Gea____________

Rafael____Jones__Rojo___Shaw__

___Di Maria__Carrick___Herrera___

____________Mata_____________

______Rooney___van Perise______

Once they are all fit, look at that team. Not half bad. Di Maria has played more central for Real recently anyway, so he can play there for us if need be. Or you could have this (4-3-3) and leave Rooney out. I think the 4-3-1-2 works out better though. If we had Vidal where Carrick is in the 4-3-1-2, it'd be awesome.

__________De Gea__________
_Rafael___Jones__Rojo__Shaw_

______Carrick______Herrera____

____________Mata___________

___Di Maria___RvP____Januzaj__

£200 million spent in the last 12 months. And it's Chelsea and City ruinig football.

Except Man United make that kind of money, so they can afford to spend it. Chelsea and City take their money from billionaires.

AMS97KRR said:

Except Man United make that kind of money, so they can afford to spend it. Chelsea and City take their money from billionaires.

So Man United don't still have loads of debt then? 

AMS97KRR said:

Panic in Manchester......

There is no panic. This is our best team (As of now, we'll probably sign 2 more players yet and yes IMO we should drop 3 at the back):

___________De Gea____________

Rafael____Jones__Rojo___Shaw__

___Di Maria__Carrick___Herrera___

____________Mata_____________

______Rooney___van Perise______

Once they are all fit, look at that team. Not half bad. Di Maria has played more central for Real recently anyway, so he can play there for us if need be. Or you could have this (4-3-3) and leave Rooney out. I think the 4-3-1-2 works out better though. If we had Vidal where Carrick is in the 4-3-1-2, it'd be awesome.

__________De Gea__________
_Rafael___Jones__Rojo__Shaw_

______Carrick______Herrera____

____________Mata___________

___Di Maria___RvP____Januzaj__

What about the midfield geniuses of Cleverly, Fletcher and Young?

AMS97KRR said:

Madrid and Barca don't get it through oil money but whenever they spend big it's seen as disgusting. So why not with United? You're in mountains of debt and the money you get from selling shirts is made from making kids sow the shirts in Vietnamese workshops for no pay.

Besides you've grossly overpaid for Shaw, Fellaini, Herrera and Di Maria. The only big deal that represents any value is Mata. It's as bad as Madrid tbh.

I don't care too much about Madrid or Barca's spending, they make the money, they can spend it.

It isn't Man Uniteds debt, it is the Glazers debt. It isn't really relevant anyway, it isn't an issue right now (Although I don't like the fact that we are in debt). 
Look at the USA as an example, they are over $10 Trillion in debt, yet they continue to spend and function and are one of the richest countries on Earth. 

Man United could pay off the debt, but why should United use the clubs money to pay the owners debt?

AMS97KRR said:

Goddamn quote system..

Chelsea are also making money now. Even though I hate them and think they represent and kickstarted everything that's wrong in football today, you cannot claim they don't make the money they spent anymore.

Too many kids wasn't the problem AMS, pre season we played an all youngster team for about 60 minutes in one match and still won.

In every other match, the development squad was used most of the time and won.

Hey, Dunfermline had an average age of 22 and 80% were youth academy players, against Rangers last season who had a squad costing 60m........and drew 1-1.....

Kids will win you nothing is BS...........

The issue was too many kids who don't know the system. There was no chemistry between some of the more senior and young players. 

Jiggy said:
AMS97KRR said:

Goddamn quote system..

Chelsea are also making money now. Even though I hate them and think they represent and kickstarted everything that's wrong in football today, you cannot claim they don't make the money they spent anymore.

Chelsea make a fair amount, I wouldn't like to speculate how much. How much have they spent this summer?

Some more big upsets tonight. Leyton Orient, Bradford, Burton and Sunderland going through.

Also, how on Earth does Warnock keep getting employed?

I agree he's shite! Also has previous with our current manager so I hate him even more....
http://www.westerngazette.co.uk/Johnson-accuses-Warnock-having-convenient-memory/story-19745423-detail/story.html

fIsince08 said:
Well done Luek...
We played pretty well tbf, just not got the quality up front to kill a game off. 

The first half was abysmal though aha, haven't had such a bad atmosphere for ages. 

AMS97KRR said:
I don't care too much about Madrid or Barca's spending, they make the money, they can spend it.

It isn't Man Uniteds debt, it is the Glazers debt. It isn't really relevant anyway, it isn't an issue right now (Although I don't like the fact that we are in debt). 
Look at the USA as an example, they are over $10 Trillion in debt, yet they continue to spend and function and are one of the richest countries on Earth. 

Man United could pay off the debt, but why should United use the clubs money to pay the owners debt?

The USA are probably the most fiscally irresponsible entity on Earth. The only reason they haven't defaulted on their debt is because they constitutionally cannot. Unfortunately, the same luxury does not extend to United.

United legally must pay off the debt. You can say it all you want, but it's the club's debt, under the club's name.

Also, in United's 2013 income statement, I found this gem.

"...delighted to have David Moyes lead our football team into a new and exciting chapter. We look forward to a successful 2013/14, both on and off the pitch"

AMS97KRR said:
Jiggy said:
AMS97KRR said:

Goddamn quote system..

Chelsea make a fair amount, I wouldn't like to speculate how much. How much have they spent this summer?
Less than what came in from sales, I believe.

Alonso £5 million and Cleverly £8 million is all the proof you'll ever need that English players are over priced.

And I'm the only one here unbeaten in the head to head fantasy league.

Jiggy said:
AMS97KRR said:
Jiggy said:
AMS97KRR said:

Goddamn quote system..

Less than what came in from sales, I believe.
£80 million on Diego Costa, Fabregas and Felipe Luis. In all honesty I'm a little embarrased how the big clubs chuck so much money around compared to those in the lower leqgues, but its supply and demand.

Howver we have done riducolusly well in this transfer window. I was thinking yesterday the difference between us and United and how we've actually adressed our biggest issues, striker, creative centre mid, a new keeper who's more consistent and a natural leftback. Granted now Costa's injured we need a new striker, maybe Falcao on loan, but to have bought Costa, Fabregas, Courtois kind of, Drogba and Felipe Luis for less than what we sold Lukaku and a defender who cant defend is a brilliant bit of business. 

And Torres is leaving too. Kinda sad, but kinda not.

"Man Utd should spend money"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2735780/Manchester-United-expensive-squad-assembled-Premier-League.html

That has been over a period of years. We did also sell Ronaldo for 80 Million so that is almost quarter of that figure that is easily justifiable. 
Plus, United make that kind of money, they can by the rules set out, spend that money "fairly". 

Just made some really poor buys, and United always get charged more, because clubs know we have the money and will pay it. Anderson was £27 Million alone. This is the issue with splashing out on young promise, I can honestly see (or wouldn't be surprised) if Luke Shaw went in a similar direction.

@EdMa - We have addressed some issues, we've bought 1 CM, 1 LB, 1 CB and a Winger and we needed them all, but we still need more, that is the issue. If I'm honest, over the next 3 years we need 3 or 4 CM's, 3 CB's, a striker and a RB. None of our CM's are good enough (except Herrera, who we haven't seen enough of), none of our CB's inspire any confidence (Except Jones, who is decent and Rojo who we haven't seen enough of) and RvP is getting old and needs replacing soon. 

I'm just making fun of your complaints from previous pages of how Man Utd wont' spend money. The issue with the club isn't with spending money it's with not buying the right players. They've spent as much as the other big teams in the league and they're struggling. They hold on to talent too long so they become old and end up leaving on a free or for a smaller fee than what they paid. It's going to be a difficult transitional period for Man Utd.