Official Football Thread

Just watched the Burnley v United game.

Bloody hell United are so void of imagination. And that defence is hilarious. 

3-5-2 wont work, two injury scares for Di Maria and Mata. So many injuries...So many buses in Burnley

If RVP had buried that one in the first half when Di Maria played that cracker of a ball to him.....

A tad higher or lower and it was in, unfortunately it hit the middle of Heatons arm :(

We need a good CDM to partner either Herrera, Blind or Di Maria depending on the line up. Need to sure up defence a bit, either put Blind or Rojo there with Jones or buy a CB. 

Once we change to a 4 at the back or learn 3-5-2, we'll be fine. Remember, Shaw, Rojo, Smalling, Herrera and Carrick are all injured

IMO, this is our best team:
_____________De Gea_____________
_____Smalling__Jones__Rojo________
_Di Maria__Blind___Herrera__Januzaj_
______________Mata_______________
_________Rooney__RvP_____________

Once that team is fit and learns how to play 3-5-2, I'm confident we can get top 4. Plus we'll still get 1 more play I reckon.

Also, fun fact I heard on the commentary: United didn't win in the first 3 games in 2007 and were still crowned champions

Last time Man Utd played at Turf Moor they lost. Good to see some improvement.

So, 5 Sky Sports channels............and they have no live football on any of them

That's because it's Saturday bud and won't happen. Viewing figures would be very low as most football fans would be at a game ;)

Hughesy said:

So, 5 Sky Sports channels............and they have no live football on any of them

That's because it's Saturday bud and won't happen. Viewing figures would be very low as most football fans would be at a game ;)
Yeah they tend to just tell us what's going on on a Saturday through the Soccer Saturday program as they call it. They tend to just focus on the Evening games on Saturdays for broadcast  Sunday is normally the day for the real football  action given they normally show at least 2 games back to back. Will probably watch tomorrow given my team are playing.

Hughesy said:

Yeah they tend to just tell us what's going on on a Saturday through the Soccer Saturday program as they call it. They tend to just focus on the Evening games on Saturdays for broadcast  Sunday is normally the day for the real football  action given they normally show at least 2 games back to back. Will probably watch tomorrow given my team are playing.
And they'll lose , so what's the point ?  ;)  :p

Hughesy said:

Not necessarily as a former Spurs player once said it's a funny old game

Hughesy said:

Yeah ,it won't be easy for us but I still think we'll win. Haven't seen any of Spurs games so far though so I don't really know how they're doing this year.

Hughesy said:

Yeah ,it won't be easy for us but I still think we'll win. Haven't seen any of Spurs games so far though so I don't really know how they're doing this year.
We've won both our games so far we were top of the league before todays games (3rd now after Chelsea's game.) Plus we are at home for tomorrow's game. We do tend to play better at home than we do away at least in recent seasons we have been. Got to give Pocchettino credit so far he's made a good start.

Hughesy said:

Oh right, I'm always away at the football so I just assumed there's usually foosball

Hughesy said:

Oh right, I'am always away at the football so I just assumed there's usually foosball
Exactly my point bud :p
If you go abroad they show loads of Prem games on Saturday's.

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:

Oh right, I'am always away at the football so I just assumed there's usually foosball
Exactly my point bud :p
If you go abroad they show loads of Prem games on Saturday's.
Yeah it's usually the Sunday afternoon games that get the coverage in this country as only a handful of games aer usually played then. Mostly the teams that aer involved in European competitions but still. They don't ususally cover the Saturday afternnon gsames other than to keep you up to date with what's going on. The only game that really gets any coverage is the Saturday evening 5:00 pm time match as that's the only match being played at that time

fIsince08 said:
Can the FA retrospectively punish Howard?
Nope as the ref gave him a yellow card, I believe that's correct anyway...

Hughesy said:
fIsince08 said:
Can the FA retrospectively punish Howard?
Nope as the ref gave him a yellow card, I believe that's correct anyway...
I meant the handball to be honest.

Sad to see Kagawa go, he did get his chances but I don't think he ever got an extended run in the team in his no.10 role to really prove himself. I'm glad that a player of his quality will be getting some game time though, such a waste on our bench..
Dortmund got him back for £6 Million, that is one of the buys of the summer in my opinion considering Cleverley is £8 Million.

I'd say Kagawa could easily have gone for £15 Million...

Nah, I prefer Sanchez over Di Maria

I'd have hoped they'd try and get Hummel's as part of kagawa going to Dortmund