Official Football Thread

These nippy kids that try to get their face on the tv really annoy me

Rockets the lot of them.......

yeah makes it hard to hear what the reporter is saying especially when it comes to hearing the news about the transfers.

Regarding Falcao and di Maria:

Utd getting Falcao and Di Maria is the equivalent of giving somebody who needs heart surgery fake t*ts. Looks nice, but isn't what's needed.

Couldn't have said it better.

I just hope they get that Falcao signing done soon as it's still in the works  and it's  holding up our move for Welbeck at least according to Sky Sports News

fIsince08 said:
Welbeck off to Arsenal, Borini off to QPR. We're doomed.

I heard that QPR were looking to sign Defoe not Borini

Edit forget my last couple of posts typed them before seeing the info on SSN

Got to say I'm worried we're not going to get what we need now either unless we look to bring Defoe back given he's free

Lol Lee Nelson causing havoc while Sky were outside Arsenal B)  and at Everton the reporter gets tea bagged with a dildo....lol

Hughesy said:
Lol Lee Nelson causing havoc while Sky were outside Arsenal B)  and at Everton the reporter gets tea bagged with a dildo....lol
And now a sex doll at Villa.... :#

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=15284571972255120663

The above download is a spreadsheet detailing how British/English the Premier League clubs are.

Question:
England playing all their home games exclusively at Wembley for about 15 years. Right or wrong?

fIsince08 said:
Question:
England playing all their home games exclusively at Wembley for about 15 years. Right or wrong?

For me right but then that's because I've always seen Wembley as our main home stadium, Otherwise what's the point in having the stadium if all it gets to see are the cup finals which occur only at the end of the season.

fIsince08 said:
Question:
Wrong, when Wembley was undergoing reconstruction the home games were played all around England.

Hughesy said:
Doesn't he mean the next 15 years?  :p
Yes I did, sorry about that.Herby007 said:
Shrug. I assume England play all their home games in Wembley anyway.
They do, that's the issue. It's a long way to travel for fans anywhere further north than say Birmingham just for one match. When the matches were played all over the country, you got loads of supporters attending who otherwise probably wouldn't go. I know the SOL was packed when England played here, I'm assuming it was elsewhere too.

Would be better if they play in other places, but that is far too much common sense and they need to keep the revenue at Wembley to pay it off I'm guessing.

Only other stadium good enough to host England games outside of London is Old Trafford, and who wants to go to Manchester?

I'd never pay money to watch England play, I've been to Wembley twice now to watch Yeovil, a pint was like £6-7 and a program was over £10 :\  Crazy prices... 

Platy said:
Only other stadium good enough to host England games outside of London is Old Trafford, and who wants to go to Manchester?
Any premier league stadium over 40,000 would be good enough.

fIsince08 said:
Platy said:
Nah, the national team should only play in the biggest and best stadiums in the country. Wembley and Old Trafford for me.

Platy said:
fIsince08 said:
Platy said:
Nah, the national team should only play in the biggest and best stadiums in the country. Wembley and Old Trafford for me.
Fair enough, but I still think the national team should play nation wide.

Herby007 said:
Would be better if they play in other places, but that is far too much common sense and they need to keep the revenue at Wembley to pay it off I'm guessing.
Exactly why I made the comment I did there wouldn't be any point to rebuilding Wembley if they didn't use it.

I've got to agree with Chris, international football is completely inaccessible to me here, which is why, besides the world cup & Euro's, I don't follow it. For all other sports, besides F1 (replacement, BTCC), that I follow, I can if I like go and see it. Example Cricket, there are now 9 Test Match standard venues in England, Old Trafford (Manchester), Headingley (Leeds) and Chester-le-Street (Durham) are all within 2:30 of me. Not 8 like Wembely is...