Official Football Thread

I've always wondered, why don't Norwich have a keeper that's from Norwich?  All those extra fingers would come in handy o:)

J/k

SASBlink said:
does anyone else think Falco to Man utd is a bad move?t
too early to say I prefer to give someone a chance before judging them If he came over after doing well in a big European league say Spain or Germany then I'd say he'll be fine especially Germany given their league is very similar to ours in the way the game is played there. But the French League is a tough one to judge so I'd say give him time and see how and if he adapts. Seeing as he's a fan of Thierry Henry if he can play anything like Henry did in our league he'll probably do all  right.

Im not questioning his quality, just the move as a whole.

imo, it just stinks of desperation, from both him and man utd. :(

They also said that about Fernando Torres.
that's why I said give him time it just depends on if and whether he can adapt to the way Man U play. Torres did great at Liverpool but struggled at Chelsea not saying he can't play just depends on the player and the demands on him.

Cardif will be lucky to get a top coach to bring them back to the prem.... Tan needs to go first! Excellent businessman but football is not his strong suit im guessing :P

SASBlink said:
Im not questioning his quality, just the move as a whole.

imo, it just stinks of desperation, from both him and man utd. :(
Monaco needed to get rid of him as their owner just got divorced and has to pay his ex-wife £2.7bn. It was a strange move by Utd though, especially when they have bigger concerns, but you don't turn down arguably the best finisher in the world when you have the opportunity.

SASBlink said:
Cardif will be lucky to get a top coach to bring them back to the prem.... Tan needs to go first! Excellent businessman but football is not his strong suit im guessing :P

I agree I think it's Tan that's the problem not the managers he's been hiring it was always going to be difficult for Cardiff to establish themselves in the PL anyway. When you have an owner that changes his mind as often as his socks it makes it doubly difficult not saying Cardiff couldn't have established themselves as Swansea among others have proven it is possible but sometimes you have to stick by your man even when things aren't going so well. Also the Championship can be almost as tough sometimes as the Premier League can and given most of the Championship sides have probably spent time in the PL at one time or another it's not surprising.

So the Euros (2020) semi final and final will be held at Wembley..... It's very strange that it will be held at several countries. :o

SASBlink said:

I agree I think it's Tan that's the problem not the managers he's been hiring it was always going to be difficult for Cardiff to establish themselves in the PL anyway. When you have an owner that changes his mind as often as his socks it makes it doubly difficult not saying Cardiff couldn't have established themselves as Swansea among others have proven it is possible but sometimes you have to stick by your man even when things aren't going so well. Also the Championship can be almost as tough sometimes as the Premier League can and given most of the Championship sides have probably spent time in the PL at one time or another it's not surprising.
Agreed!

The championship is tough, every time a new season starts I can count about 13-14 that could possibly make it the prem if they have a good season and could get relegated if the have a bad one too. I have never seen a league like it. Very competitive.