Official Football Thread

So Stevie G is leaving. I'm not really sure how to feel about this. He's a legend of the club , but then he really hasn't contributed enough this season imo.

Looking forward to the Leeds match, Cattermole and Watmore are out though :(

EDIT:
https://twitter.com/C_Pantilimon1/status/544222735329927169
o:)

Hughesy said:
Who thinks we (Yeovil) will beat Man United on Sunday? :#
Unilkely but you never know we've not had the greatest of seasons so far but we held them to a draw

Hughesy said:
Unilkely but you never know we've not had the greatest of seasons so far but we held them to a draw
You've had a bad season? Try being stone cold bottom of League 1, after already getting relegated from the Championship :( That's what happens when you sell all the good players. All the stupid manager keeps saying is "we need a goal scorer" well we fucking had one before you had a strop and sold him. Wish we still had Paddy Madden, he didn't want more money like most players these days, and loved Yeovil. He was at a Championship club but was forced out, so went to a L2 club (Scunthorpe, who are now in L1) and is scoring goals for fun.

All the money we got for getting to the Championship and players sold hasn't been reinvested, and I bet the money we get from the United game (around 500k) won't get spent either, so we'll end up in L2. The game is live on BT Sport 1 if anyone's interested.

Rant over...lol

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
You've had a bad season? Try being stone cold bottom of League 1, after already getting relegated from the Championship :( That's what happens when you sell all the good players. All the stupid manager keeps saying is "we need a goal scorer" well we fucking had one before you had a strop and sold him. Wish we still had Paddy Madden, he didn't want more money like most players these days, and loved Yeovil. He was at a Championship club but was forced out, so went to a L2 club (Scunthorpe, who are now in L1) and is scoring goals for fun.

All the money we got for getting to the Championship and players sold hasn't been reinvested, and I bet the money we get from the United game (around 500k) won't get spent either, so we'll end up in L2. The game is live on BT Sport 1 if anyone's interested.

Rant over...lol
I know what I meant was we've had a bit of a bad season by our recent standards is all. Although it looks like it's starting to improve if recent results are anything to go by Hopefully we can make good use of the transfer window though.

Lukedfrt said:
Phew... 
Never in doubt  :p
Now it's up to Yeovil to bring the magic back to the FA Cup, and beat Man United :#

Big game today, United have a strong team down here by the looks of it. They're staying in a hotel near me, and I saw Rooney, Di Maria (and some other big players), but no Robin Van Persie. I actually have some sort of link to United, as many moons ago a family member was head groundsmen for them.

We have quite a strong team out, I feel for Mannone though. He was nailed on to start and now is ill. 3 under 21s on the bench is nice to see.

Awful display so far from United. We really need to stop using 3-5-2, can't stand it. Too slow, too much passing.

United pretty much played their best team and we matched them for most of it, it took a wonder strike to kill the game. I have a lot of respect for them though, as they played such a strong team. We really should've been 1-0 up at half time. I was also on TV  :D.   

Fun fact: I've been closer to Wayne Rooney than most United "fans"  o:)

@fIsince08‌ Loved that they showed our win against your team, losing to us in the FA Cup before the game many moons ago o:)

Hughesy said:
@fIsince08‌ Loved that they showed our win against your team, losing to us in the FA Cup before the game many moons ago o:)
Yeovil has screens?

fIsince08 said:
Hughesy said:
Yeovil has screens?
No don't be silly :p I mean on TV, I went home and watched it as I'm sad lol. Do have a big TV in the bar though o:)

Hughesy said:
fIsince08 said:
Hughesy said:
Yeovil has screens?
No don't be silly :p I mean on TV, I went home and watched it as I'm sad lol. Do have a big TV in the bar though o:)
Ah, that makes sense :p 

Fucking cheated United did today. Look at my Twitter. Hand ball and patted it away, last man so should've been a red, ref bottled it!