Jump to content

Official Football Thread

Recommended Posts

Hughesy said:
fIsince08 said:
Hughesy said:
fIsince08 said:
Defoe in a row against Newcastle  o:)
What about?
What about what?
Uh you said "Defoe in a row against Newcastle"
Yeah, Defoe sounds a bit like four and we might be signing him :p 
@Platy Lots of different rumours about the price. Most say it's a straight swap for Altidore, which is the best swap ever...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fIsince08 said:
Hughesy said:
fIsince08 said:
Hughesy said:
fIsince08 said:
Defoe in a row against Newcastle  o:)
What about?
What about what?
Uh you said "Defoe in a row against Newcastle"
Yeah, Defoe sounds a bit like four and we might be signing him :p 
@Platy Lots of different rumours about the price. Most say it's a straight swap for Altidore, which is the best swap ever...
Still don't get how he's in a row against Newcastle? Am I being dumb?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Its not a straight swap for Altidore, lots of reports from America for it being for $11m plus Altidore. Now MLS has to fiddle around to make sure Toronto get Altidore due to the unique way the league is run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:
fIsince08 said:
Hughesy said:
fIsince08 said:
Hughesy said:
fIsince08 said:
Defoe in a row against Newcastle  o:)
What about?
What about what?
Uh you said "Defoe in a row against Newcastle"
Yeah, Defoe sounds a bit like four and we might be signing him :p 
@Platy Lots of different rumours about the price. Most say it's a straight swap for Altidore, which is the best swap ever...
Still don't get how he's in a row against Newcastle? Am I being dumb?
Yes, we've beaten Newcastle four times in a row :p 
Platy said:
Its not a straight swap for Altidore, lots of reports from America for it being for $11m plus Altidore. Now MLS has to fiddle around to make sure Toronto get Altidore due to the unique way the league is run.
Let's put it this way, Defoe once scored more goals in one match than our strikers have in total (this season).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@jordieDAFC‌ We just signed Ugwu. He had a loan spell a while back and was pretty good. I see he did well for your team :) Hope he can score goals, as we have the lowest goals scored in the football league. That's what happens when you sell Paddy Madden, someone who can score 20goals a season :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:
@jordieDAFC‌ We just signed Ugwu. He had a loan spell a while back and was pretty good. I see he did well for your team :) Hope he can score goals, as we have the lowest goals scored in the football league. That's what happens when you sell Paddy Madden, someone who can score 20goals a season :(
Gozie!!!!! Did alright, wasn't anything special tbh. Would liked to have kept him though Guys an absolute tank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:
@jordieDAFC‌ We just signed Ugwu. He had a loan spell a while back and was pretty good. I see he did well for your team :) Hope he can score goals, as we have the lowest goals scored in the football league. That's what happens when you sell Paddy Madden, someone who can score 20goals a season :(
Gozie!!!!! Did alright, wasn't anything special tbh. Would liked to have kept him though Guys an absolute tank
He is only 21 though, so has plenty of time to get better. Problem is the pressure will be on him, as we need a goalscorer and fast. Two relegations in a row would kill me :'(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
@jordieDAFC‌ We just signed Ugwu. He had a loan spell a while back and was pretty good. I see he did well for your team :) Hope he can score goals, as we have the lowest goals scored in the football league. That's what happens when you sell Paddy Madden, someone who can score 20goals a season :(
Gozie!!!!! Did alright, wasn't anything special tbh. Would liked to have kept him though Guys an absolute tank
He is only 21 though, so has plenty of time to get better. Problem is the pressure will be on him, as we need a goalscorer and fast. Two relegations in a row would kill me :'(
Yeah, unfortunately that's why we didn't keep him. Our whole team is in that situation so we have to get some old heads in Scored a few for us but never got a run of games so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
@jordieDAFC‌ We just signed Ugwu. He had a loan spell a while back and was pretty good. I see he did well for your team :) Hope he can score goals, as we have the lowest goals scored in the football league. That's what happens when you sell Paddy Madden, someone who can score 20goals a season :(
Gozie!!!!! Did alright, wasn't anything special tbh. Would liked to have kept him though Guys an absolute tank
He is only 21 though, so has plenty of time to get better. Problem is the pressure will be on him, as we need a goalscorer and fast. Two relegations in a row would kill me :'(
Yeah, unfortunately that's why we didn't keep him. Our whole team is in that situation so we have to get some old heads in Scored a few for us but never got a run of games so
Wasn't he your top scorer though before he was let go? I read they needed to trim the wage budget, so they didn't renew his contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
@jordieDAFC‌ We just signed Ugwu. He had a loan spell a while back and was pretty good. I see he did well for your team :) Hope he can score goals, as we have the lowest goals scored in the football league. That's what happens when you sell Paddy Madden, someone who can score 20goals a season :(
Gozie!!!!! Did alright, wasn't anything special tbh. Would liked to have kept him though Guys an absolute tank
He is only 21 though, so has plenty of time to get better. Problem is the pressure will be on him, as we need a goalscorer and fast. Two relegations in a row would kill me :'(
Yeah, unfortunately that's why we didn't keep him. Our whole team is in that situation so we have to get some old heads in Scored a few for us but never got a run of games so
Wasn't he your top scorer though before he was let go? I read they needed to trim the wage budget, so they didn't renew his contract.
Played 14 and scored 7 for us, although 3 were in 1 game. Yeah its sorta 1 out 1 in for us atm and unfortunately his contract was up at the end of december so he went. We've signed another striker anyway so time will tell if it was the right decision. 

Certainly didn't set the league on fire though, but he's got the right physique and ability to do so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That's exactly how my team is, 1 in 1 out. Mind you we've got rid of two defenders and 2 loaned defenders this week :o And another defender got sent off and has a four match ban lol So I'd say we need a defender before tomorrow.... It's no shock we are bottom of League 1. We sold Paddy Madden (20 goal a season striker) We sold our best cm player Ed Upson, we sold our best cb, and the best RB (to Bristol City of all teams) and our GK to Sparta Prague... We got nothing for the last three as contracts were up, which is bad management as they would've got us quite a bit of money :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:
That's exactly how my team is, 1 in 1 out. Mind you we've got rid of two defenders and 2 loaned defenders this week :o And another defender got sent off and has a four match ban lol So I'd say we need a defender before tomorrow.... It's no shock we are bottom of League 1. We sold Paddy Madden (20 goal a season striker) We sold our best cm player Ed Upson, we sold our best cb, and the best RB (to Bristol City of all teams) and our GK to Sparta Prague... We got nothing for the last three as contracts were up, which is bad management as they would've got us quite a bit of money :(
We've just decided to stop being good at football :L Been a year since we last played well. Let Ugwu, Forbes and Chemin who was ex PSG go. Andy Barrowman has returned to replace Ugwu and signed Kyle McAusland from Rangers who is apprently not bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:
That's exactly how my team is, 1 in 1 out. Mind you we've got rid of two defenders and 2 loaned defenders this week :o And another defender got sent off and has a four match ban lol So I'd say we need a defender before tomorrow.... It's no shock we are bottom of League 1. We sold Paddy Madden (20 goal a season striker) We sold our best cm player Ed Upson, we sold our best cb, and the best RB (to Bristol City of all teams) and our GK to Sparta Prague... We got nothing for the last three as contracts were up, which is bad management as they would've got us quite a bit of money :(
We've just decided to stop being good at football :L Been a year since we last played well. Let Ugwu, Forbes and Chemin who was ex PSG go. Andy Barrowman has returned to replace Ugwu and signed Kyle McAusland from Rangers who is apprently not bad
It's amazing how similar our teams are lol. I actually know someone who's a Dunfermline and Yeovil fan  :)
I keep thinking to myself, what's happened to the £5 million+ we got for getting into the Championship, and the 600k for selling players plus 500k we got for the Man United game :( The club has no debt so why don't we spend anything.

Fun fact: The whole Yeovil team were free transfers apart from one who costed 3k, but is actually a good player. Also as it stands we only have three outfield players to fill the bench Saturday due to suspensions and injuries. :#

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fIsince08 said:
https://twitter.com/SunderlandAFC/status/556073097284288513
Hmm anyone would think you're a tad bit excited mate, judging by your tweets  :p Great signing though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:
fIsince08 said:
https://twitter.com/SunderlandAFC/status/556073097284288513
Hmm anyone would think you're a tad bit excited mate, judging by your tweets  :p Great signing though.
yeah it is he did great playing for us too Still wondering why we chose to let him go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×