Official Football Thread

So just when I thought Gary Johnson couldn't lose the plot anymore than he had, he's put a striker at CB!  :|

Hughesy said:
So just when I thought Gary Johnson couldn't lose the plot anymore than he had, he's put a striker at CB!  :|
If we did that with Altidore it'd solve our own goals problem :p 

If we don't sign a CB and a RB/CDM this window, I am going to be so mad. It is obvious to everyone and their dog surely?

AMS97KRR said:
If we don't sign a CB and a RB/CDM this window, I am going to be so mad. It is obvious to everyone and their dog surely?
It's Ok though, because Phil Jones is taking corners.

fIsince08 said:
AMS97KRR said:
It's Ok though, because Phil Jones is taking corners.
Oh God IKR. 

Jones, Smalling and Evans need to go. They've failed to take their chance. 

AMS97KRR said:
You think you've got it bad, we started the game with a striker at CB....

Hughesy said:
AMS97KRR said:
Lol. We do have a RW at RB if that counts :P 

AMS97KRR said:
Hughesy said:
AMS97KRR said:
Lol not quite as bad. The striker is 6ft 7 or something, but isn't a defender at all. He played at the back in a friendly and was awful. Somehow though we are winning 1-0 and need to win being bottom of League 1. :# Only three players on the bench as well lol.

We won a game!  :o Imagine losing to Yeovil twice in a season B) Not sure how Bradford are so high up the table.

Hughesy said:
We won a game!  :o Imagine losing to Yeovil twice in a season B) Not sure how Bradford are so high up the table.
You've broken our third choice keeper.

fIsince08 said:
Hughesy said:
Broken how? Is he Bradfords keeper?
Talking of keepers, anyone hear about what happened at Scunthorpe vs Bristol City? Scunthorpe's first choice broke his arm in the game, so they brought on keeper number two and he broke his arm :o Then they had to put a CB in goal, he didn't brake his arm though o:)

Hughesy said:
fIsince08 said:
Hughesy said:
Broken how? Is he Bradfords keeper?
Talking of keepers, anyone hear about what happened at Scunthorpe vs Bristol City? Scunthorpe's first choice broke his arm in the game, so they brought on keeper number two and he broke his arm :o Then they had to put a CB in goal, he didn't brake his arm though o:)

Yeah, Pickford is ours.

Hughesy said:
@jordieDAFC‌ Ugwu scored!  :)
Yeah, i saw. Should never have let him go....
Your lose is our gain o:) Some of our "fans" thought he was a crap signing, and said I was crazy thinking he would score the goals we need. So I made a point of finding and retweeting the tweets, to make them feel silly  B) Some fans are stupid sometimes, you need to give a player a chance first. Yes he wasn't amazing last time he played for us, but he was only 18-19 years old.
I think playing up in Scotland has made him a better player. He got his head split open yesterday, came back on with a bandage and looked even better. He ran so much the bandage came off :)

Hughesy said:
AMS97KRR said:
Hughesy said:
AMS97KRR said:
Lol not quite as bad. The striker is 6ft 7 or something, but isn't a defender at all. He played at the back in a friendly and was awful. Somehow though we are winning 1-0 and need to win being bottom of League 1. :# Only three players on the bench as well lol.
As the contrary, we had a period of 10 games or so where Chris Samba was our lead striker...

Ugh, there's a new Rocky movie in the making? Who is he going to fight? Muhammad Ali in a wheelchair?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2334701-sylvester-stallone-to-ask-everton-fans-to-play-role-in-new-rocky-spin-off-movie