Official Football Thread

Hughesy said:
@jordieDAFC‌ Ugwu scores again, goal machine! B)
i put a bet on Preston to win :flushed: 

What possessed you to do that???
The fact Yeovil are dire
It was at this time two years ago that we went on a winning run, going from the relegation place to the play-offs (and getting into the Championship) whilst Preston went the opposite way. Now I'm not saying that's going to happen this year, but it only takes small things to click into place to start winning. The league is actually really close at the moment so anything could happen.

Funny enough when we got Ugwu, "a fan" said he's rubbish, and didn't do all that great at a team playing at a lower level  (Dunfermline) :# Now that came from a person who is an absolute prick, and I had a big argument on Twitter with him defending Ugwu and your team ;) He's the type who's "never wrong" and will never admit when he's wrong. 

The team can play better than they have so far, they showed that against Man United who had most of their best players playing (and the best keeper in the prem) and pushed them pretty far until a brilliant bit of class came through. I think with the players we have now, we'll get out of the relegation zone.

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
@jordieDAFC‌ Ugwu scores again, goal machine! B)
i put a bet on Preston to win :flushed: 

What possessed you to do that???
The fact Yeovil are dire
It was at this time two years ago that we went on a winning run, going from the relegation place to the play-offs (and getting into the Championship) whilst Preston went the opposite way. Now I'm not saying that's going to happen this year, but it only takes small things to click into place to start winning. The league is actually really close at the moment so anything could happen.

Funny enough when we got Ugwu, "a fan" said he's rubbish, and didn't do all that great at a team playing at a lower level  (Dunfermline) :# Now that came from a person who is an absolute prick, and I had a big argument on Twitter with him defending Ugwu and your team ;) He's the type who's "never wrong" and will never admit when he's wrong. 

The team can play better than they have so far, they showed that against Man United who had most of their best players playing (and the best keeper in the prem) and pushed them pretty far until a brilliant bit of class came through. I think with the players we have now, we'll get out of the relegation zone.
2 goals in 2 games means absolutely nothing 

4 points in two does though. I won't bother sticking up for your team anymore then.... :|
A player scoring a goal a game is great, and against two of the top teams. This is what happened when we got Paddy Madden, he couldn't get a game at Carlisle, came to us and went on to be the top scorer in League 1.

Don't know why I bothered.

Got an 8 game accumulator. £5 for £431 back  :# Can cash out, so if it's not going my way I could at least get something back. o:)

Chelsea out, man city out, Tottenham out, swansea out, southampton out.....

Liverpool is up next, why do i feel nervous? 

That was shocking. 7 defensive outfield players against a championship side, really Gus? Rodwell is woeful and his sending off was needless.
EDIT: Oh my word!

Pretty happy with a point today against Coventry, especially as they had a penalty that we saved B) It was a great save from Jed Steer, and we're off the bottom of the league. :# Not long ago we were pretty far behind the other teams, so form is defiantly getting better. :)

fIsince08 said:
Whoa wait... Poyet asks us for patience after 5 wins all season?

Sounds like our manager. Gary Johnson even had a row with one of our fans a while back. Didn't the Leicester  manager do the same and get a touch line ban? GJ didn't get in any trouble over it.
Pic of the argument, lol

Edit: Got it working now.

AMS97KRR said:
God I wish United had signed Eriksen...
yeah he's definitely a good player one of the few things we did get right with our £100 mil spending spree

AMS97KRR said:
God I wish United had signed Eriksen...
yeah he's definitely a good player one of the few things we did get right with our £100 mil spending spree
I was so surprised that a Champions League team didn't buy him, he's class.