Official Football Thread

Welbeck can be added to the list of players I hate after celebrating that. 

Not celebrating scoring against your old team is such a dumb thing. Only thing I dislike is when they purposely antagonise supporters. 

Yea I don't see why fans get angry about it, doesn't matter if it's against your old team, you should celebrate when you score for a team that's paying you and fans that are paying to watch you. United didn't want him, he was forced out, so I suspect that felt pretty good.

Just because the club wanted him out, that doesn't mean fans did. I personally wouldn't have sold him, I wasn't entirely sure about it at the time either. Sure my initial reaction was happy, but then I actually thought about it and it was a mistake. 

It is a sign of respect to the fans, RvP did it (twice) despite the fans hating him regardless, so he celebrated last year anyway. Just my opinion. 

Just because a player celebrates, doesn't mean he's showing a club no respect... He plays for Arsenal and scored a goal for them, so why shouldn't he celebrate? 
Our best striker and fan favourite Paddy Madden was forced out. When he played against us earlier in the season he scored against us, and some even clapped him, as they were happy for him still doing so well. Last night some fans were booing Welbeck, so is that showing a lack of respect? 

As Platy said it's silly not celebrating when you score against your old team, but if you go out of your way to antagonise the fans, then that's disrespectful.

Very tempted to put a fiver on Yeovil to win tonight, maybe a draw. What you think Hughesy?

Lukedfrt said:
Very tempted to put a fiver on Yeovil to win tonight, maybe a draw. What you think Hughesy?
I'm not sure, we have a habit of beating bigger teams that are in good form. We destroyed Bradford, and then not long after that they beat Chelsea, football can be so unpredictable. If we play like we did on Saturday then we have every chance of beating Bristol City :) City have pretty much won the league, and could take this game lightly, whereas we need to win. I think we can win, but don't blame me if we don't :# I have a fiver on us to win, so apart from needing the points, I want them to win so I win :D

Rodwell was treated badly at Man City and celebrated when he scored against them, doesn't bother me tbh,

@Lukedfrt Did you place a bet? I bet £5 doubles on Yeovil and Bradford to win for £64 back. It's a very close game, Sky Sports telling lies as usual saying its all City, they've had one clear cut chance but that's it, both are cancelling each other out, yet Sky said "it's all Bristol City" lol Funny how City and Yeovil pundits have said it's been close, yet Sky pundit says that.

Edit: Ah god sake Bradford had conceded on the stroke of half time. Need them to win, not just for my bet but because Coventry are one of the teams we need to catch.

Lukedfrt said:
I only put 2 quid on Yeovil in the end, put a fiver on Coventry though  :#
Can't believe we conceded two so quickly. This performance would've beat any other team in league 1, but City are something else, they don't even need the points. Not for my bet but I need Bradford to win, as Coventry are a team we need to catch...

Its funny as Bristol City's team is made up of four former Yeovil players, so it shows what class players we've had really.... Just need a bigger budget so we can keep them.

It couldn't have gone much worse. I backed Real Madrid, Yeovil, Coventry and Basel. 

Not one win.

Lukedfrt said:
I'm disappointed with Sunderland. How can you let Villa score 4 against you!?
Simple - spineless players and a clueless manager.

fIsince08 said:
Lukedfrt said:
I'm disappointed with Sunderland. How can you let Villa score 4 against you!?
Simple - spineless players and a clueless manager.
Same with Yeovil, but I can't blame our manger/ player legend, as he didn't have any time to change players. One of our fans had enough, don't blame him really :joy: 

@fIsince08 Going to pm you a video. It's rather rude, but it's probably what you feel like saying to Gus, and what I want to say to the Yeovil. If anyone else want to watch it let me know, it's a really funny song, but can't post it here...

Hughesy said:
Video to go with that picture I posted.

http://youtu.be/dVbO9o72GwQ
Shows how good our small fan base is, bottom of the league and 3-0 down, still singing B)

In other news
Gus has been sacked.