Official Football Thread

Hmm, disappointed because I did like Gus, but his tactics have been woeful and his substitutions and team selection even worse. Thanks for Wembley, the greatest escape and the derbies Gus, best of luck wherever you end up.

Can't see Sunderland surviving now. See you in the Championship!

Platy said:
Can't see Sunderland surviving now. See you in the Championship!
I couldn't see us surviving anyway, but sacking Gus is probably the only chance we have.
Peter Reid is being rumoured as caretaker manager, not sure what to think of that!

Looks as though Rob Green is going to be England's number 2 now. Would've rather seen Heaton or Butland get it though.

Two former Yeovil players create and score for England, how I wish we had players like that now.

Having arguements with Yeovil fans. It's been clear for months we'd go down not matter who's in charge, as the team isn't good enough. They want Skiverton gone even though he's a club legend and knows what the fans want. I asked them who else we'd get as a manager, and said "you lot have unrealistic views on who we could get" The next tweet I got said Malkie Mckay, point proven......

Give Skivo a chance to build his own team, and I think he could get us back to League 1.

I will be so happy if Fleetwood get in the play offs, would be an incredible achievement.

Yeovil about to unveil Paul Sturrock as the manager..... But he won't be called the manger, he'll be called Football operations manager, whatever the bleep that is. :tired_face: 

Edit: Seems he's just the manager, press spewing out rubbish as always...

We are officially relegated :tired_face: First time since I started watching Yeovil that we've gone down. Yes I know we did last season, but we were in the Championship with a smaller budget than some league 2 sides like Bristol Rovers (now non league) I hope we have a decent season in League 2 next season, the whole season has be crap, it's the worst Yeovil team I've ever seen. We had better players back in the conference days. :(

fIsince08 said:
Think we might be down soon!
I feel your pain, this season has been crap from start to finish. I knew we were going down, but to have it officially is painful :( Getting rid of Gary Johnson was the wrong thing to do, as since then we went from 2 points of safety, to 10 point off and relegated. Now we have a fat man incharge (Paul Sturrock) Who's health isn't good and he sufferers from Parkinson's desease.... I'm glad I can focus on next season, and try and forget this one ever existed. 

Hope you guys stay up, a team (and fanbase) as big as yours deserves better.

Rather eventful afternoon at the football, sadly not for things on the pitch...

About 20/30 minutes into the first half, some guy a few rows down decided to pass out and have a fit which lasted a bit, not that the red cross folk were overly concerned...took them ages to help him. Utter useless

Then in the 2nd half the stewards spent a good 15 minutes chasing (walking) after some guy, who was eventually rugby tackled by a steward...Then he decided to punch (slap) the steward...

It was a cracking tackle by the steward

Nigel Pearson has another rant. This had me in tears  :joy: 
http://youtu.be/sdRO3l_UCZM

are you flexible enough to get your head in the sand, lol, legend!
Watch this one, the end is brilliant. :joy: 

https://twitter.com/davidbrentmusic/status/593711948379856896

Need a win or draw today to seal our playoff place. Winning after 2 minutes, great stuff.

Platy said:
Need a win or draw today to seal our playoff place. Winning after 2 minutes, great stuff.
And Derby losing after two minutes :) If Brentford sneak into the playoffs and you both get to the final, don't worry you'll beat them B). Crazy how football moves on, two years ago we beat them to get to the Championship, now we have been relegated to L2 and they could get to the Premier League :flushed: 

Can't believe the team who went upto the Championship with us two years ago are now champions, and going to the premier league!

Hughesy said:
Can't believe the team who went upto the Championship with us two years ago are now champions, and going to the premier league!
Don't worry it's likely that within a couple of years you'll be playing them again :p