Sign in to follow this  

Official Football Thread

Strangely enough he didn't get a second yellow card and scored a 97th minute equaliser (even though there were 6 minutes of extra time). Great footballer but he is a w****er.

EdMa said:
yugin96 said:
I see Liverpool's success is getting on someone's nerves just a little.

EdMa said:
Just seen Suarez break his leg and recover in a second. Classy guy.
I honestly don't get the fuss about this. It was a strong tackle, straight to the shin. Yellow card at least (which reminds me, how many of those did Norwich escape?). Naturally Suarez was in pain, but when their teammate is breaking forward some players are determined enough to get up, ignore the pain, and provide support. It wasn't so serious as to stop him from running, but still sufficient to warrant a bit of lieing on the floor (and let's be honest, which player wouldn't?). In any case Suarez was clearly limping afterwards. Yes, it looked extremely dodgy, but really it wasn't anything to make a fuss about.
Please don't tell me you're serious. I thought it was a part of his game that Suarez wanted to eradicate from his game. He went down like he'd been sniped. Then conveniently was fine when Liverpool had the balk back. Imagine actually breaking your leg in a tackle, and then seeing that.
I am dead serious. Did that not look like a genuine foul to you?

yugin96 said:
EdMa said:
yugin96 said:

EdMa said:
I honestly don't get the fuss about this. It was a strong tackle, straight to the shin. Yellow card at least (which reminds me, how many of those did Norwich escape?). Naturally Suarez was in pain, but when their teammate is breaking forward some players are determined enough to get up, ignore the pain, and provide support. It wasn't so serious as to stop him from running, but still sufficient to warrant a bit of lieing on the floor (and let's be honest, which player wouldn't?). In any case Suarez was clearly limping afterwards. Yes, it looked extremely dodgy, but really it wasn't anything to make a fuss about.
Please don't tell me you're serious. I thought it was a part of his game that Suarez wanted to eradicate from his game. He went down like he'd been sniped. Then conveniently was fine when Liverpool had the balk back. Imagine actually breaking your leg in a tackle, and then seeing that.
Yes it did. First time round, however it clearly wasn't as he got up a second later as if nothing happened.

EdMa said:
yugin96 said:
EdMa said:
yugin96 said:

EdMa said:
Yes it did. First time round, however it clearly wasn't as he got up a second later as if nothing happened.
A genuine foul that causes some pain doesn't neccessarily have to be one that stops you from running altogether. Saying that, yes I do agree that Suarez made more of a meal of that contact that he should have, but he still didn't do anything wrong.

Arsenal with a great team goal and a great counter attacking goal, although there was a foul on Jellyfish in the build up.

I really don't know who is responsible for this failure of a season at United. Moyes gets his team wrong a lot but at the same time, the players don't look like they did under Sir Alex. I mean there are players in that team who looked good at times under SAF, but who now look like they may leave this summer. 

It just makes no sense how one season you can dominate, and the next season with a better team (Mata and Fellaini joined) fail to even make the top 4. 

I don't want to jump on the Moyes out bandwagon, but it is becoming harder and harder to defend Moyes now, we just lost, for the second time this season, to a team who under him were never really a huge threat. However under Martinez, they look good and play positive football and could be in the champions league next year. 
United have the likes of De Gea, RVP, Rooney, Mata, Kagawa, Vidic, Januzaj and Hernandez and yet we can't finish a season above Everton. 
Something is really wrong and it is more than just the players. If you had those players in your team, you'd expect more than 7th place.

People may want to compare what we have now, with what Liverpool had last season, but in truth thats not a fair comparison because they had less good players than we do now. They had Suarez and Gerrard (didn't watch Liverpool, might be a few others), but thats about it. United have 4 top notch players and other good ones and this season is unacceptable. 

Moyes cannot motivate a team to anywhere near the same extent as Fergie. That's why I laughed when fans said they'd rather have Moyes over someone like Mourinho. And if United do spend a lot and win a cup or two over the next few years, it won't be because Moyes is a great manager at a top club, it'll be because they're throwing money at the problem. Rooney on 300k, Kroos potentially 260k, RVP 250k. Mata 37 million, Fellaini £30 million already.

EdMa said:
Moyes cannot motivate a team to anywhere near the same extent as Fergie. That's why I laughed when fans said they'd rather have Moyes over someone like Mourinho. And if United do spend a lot and win a cup or two over the next few years, it won't be because Moyes is a great manager at a top club, it'll be because they're throwing money at the problem. Rooney on 300k, Kroos potentially 260k, RVP 250k. Mata 37 million, Fellaini £30 million already.
Ahh, so what every team does when they are in a bit of trouble?

I hate the situation we are in because if we don't spend we will remain where we are. But if we spend 150 million - 200 million in one summer, does that make us as bad as Man City? Albeit we will be selling players to generate money, so it is not as bad, but that is not the team I want United to be. But if it means champions league football instead of 7th, I'd rather have a one off spending spree

Cant see anyone high profile other than perhaps Kroos, even that's a push, wanting to join. When strong rumors are circulating that Moyes wants to drop £35 million on William Carvalho and £30 million on Anders Herrera then you know he hasn't a clue.

William Carvalho has had a good season, I'd quite like him tbh. I think we can attract players, Inigo Martinez, Garay, Mangala have all been rumored. Luke Shaw would join I'm sure, Lallana has been linked too. We just need to choose the right people. we have some good players such as Mata, RVP, Rooney and De Gea who will be attractive to play with. These players who may join can see that United have the basics but need to flesh it out, which is where they'd come in. If Martinez, Mangala, Shaw, Lallana and Carvalho joined and maybe someone else, we would be in the UCL in my opinion. 

Note how the whole Luis Suarez play-acting incident which was quite big on Twitter, was completely swept under the carpet on MOTD 2.

Apparently Moyes is going to be sacked at the end of the season...

Hope it doesn't come before, we aren't going to overcome a new manager bounce.

I really don't think it's wise to sack Moyes. What decent managers are there around and available? AVB?
AVB is taken. I think sacking Moyes is a mistake, he'll be fine once he gets a squad rebuild just as Poyet will be. Goes to show that the owners fall into the fan pressure of glory rather than logic.