F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Official Football Thread

Juice29 said:
Yeah I was born in North London so I chose Arsenal not (insert annoying pun) best season yet in my opinion since the 'Invincible's'

Spurs is really my family's team my whole family supports them at least my dad did when he was alive and my brother does as well. Not the be4st of seasons for us but I would say it was an average one.
Same here with Arsenal there are some spurs fans (Crazies :tongue: )

Ipswich and FC Dallas.

Don't really care for the international team any longer.

I support United because it was the first team I saw on TV, i was like 8 and I'd never seen it before...And my granddad likes them too. But no one else in my family likes football...So yeah...
Don't support Norwich City, but I do follow their results. They don't get broadcast much and no one ever took me to their games, so that is basically why I never grew up supporting them...

It is difficult when you love football, but no one else in your family, that could take you, does. 

Platy said:
Ipswich and FC Dallas.

When did you decide not to care about England anymore out of interest? 

They really do annoy me most of the time, but personally, I can't not like them. 

I don't support the national team because I can't deal with the emotional rollercoaster :joy: I have Arsenal for that

Juice29 said:
I don't support the national team because I can't deal with the emotional rollercoaster :joy: I have Arsenal for that
I know it is emotional sometimes :L 

But I really would love to see England win the WC again. Like more than anything else in football right now. I've seen United win a UCL, a league and league cup. All I want to see now is an FA Cup for United to complete the set :p and of course, for England to win the WC and heck, even the euros would make me go crazy. Just anything pls England...

I really should go to the Euros next year in France to watch England. Would be such a great experience, especially since it could be 2030 until we get the World Cup in England.

Hey we could exchange an FA cup.for the UCL trophy if you want *cough* 11 times *cough* :L

Juice29 said:
Hey we could exchange an FA cup.for the UCL trophy if you want *cough* 11 times *cough* :L
Haha, no way man. That was the best moment ever as a United fan for me, so never :p 

AMS97KRR said:

Platy said:
Ipswich and FC Dallas.

They really do annoy me most of the time, but personally, I can't not like them. 
Probably 3 or 4 years ago. I just stopped caring. Its been the same old stuff for the past 20 years, just not worth investing time in. Coverage on ITV obviously doesn't help, but the management and FA need a drastic change if anything good is to happen.

fIsince08 said:
I support England but shouldn't seen as the FA hates Sunderland.
Why do you think the FA hates Sunderland?

I support Leicester and in Europe/ UCL it's Barca

For international I support England
yeah in the Champion's League usually any of the English clubs. For me mostly Man U when it comes to that though as they're style of play (at least under Fergie) was very similar to ours they were just better overall at pulling it off than we were.

Platy said:
AMS97KRR said:

Platy said:
Ipswich and FC Dallas.

Probably 3 or 4 years ago. I just stopped caring. Its been the same old stuff for the past 20 years, just not worth investing time in. Coverage on ITV obviously doesn't help, but the management and FA need a drastic change if anything good is to happen.
Yeah you make a good point. I think since 1996 Euros or maybe 2002 WC, we've been poor...It annoys me that Hodgson is in charge for 2016. I get the feeling it will be yet another tournament wasted with a poor manager...

I can see why people lose interest. We had a team with Cole, Ferdinand, Terry, Beckham, Lampard, Gerrard, Scholes, Rooney and Owen and we won nothing...I just don't get it. If you'd given that team to Fergie, we'd have dominated...even Greece has won something recently...And we have nothing since 1966. 

AMS97KRR said:
Platy said:
AMS97KRR said:

Platy said:
Ipswich and FC Dallas.

Yeah you make a good point. I think since 1996 Euros or maybe 2002 WC, we've been poor...It annoys me that Hodgson is in charge for 2016. I get the feeling it will be yet another tournament wasted with a poor manager...

I can see why people lose interest. We had a team with Cole, Ferdinand, Terry, Beckham, Lampard, Gerrard, Scholes, Rooney and Owen and we won nothing...I just don't get it. If you'd given that team to Fergie, we'd have dominated...even Greece has won something recently...And we have nothing since 1966. 

yeah since after Eriksson left we have been poor we did well under his reign though I think but certainly since the 2006 WC in Germany we have definitely struggled. TBH though I'm not suer we have the players now anyway even with a decent manager. I think it'll be a while till we get another group as good as that together to play for us. For that though I think the only solution is to stop all these foreign influences on our clubs as a lot of the PL clubs are all buying the talent they want/need from abroad now instead of helping players that are already here and developing them which would ultimately help the England team. But then that's what you're going to get if you let some oil tycoon run your club I suppose.

Hughesy said:
fIsince08 said:
I support England but shouldn't seen as the FA hates Sunderland.
Why do you think the FA hates Sunderland?
The fact none of our players ever get in the squad and that they constantly blame us for not putting through youth and buying foreign players - yet the likes of the top 7 are full of foreigners.

Now, I know most of our squad is nowhere near good enough for an England call up, and that Henderson came through our academy. But, if Colback was good enough for a call up surely Lee Cattermole is? Even more, when Kevin Phillips was here he only ever got nine call ups, which is a disgrace.

Lee Cattermole's no way good enough for England. He's barely good enough for the Premier League.

Platy said:
Lee Cattermole's no way good enough for England. He's barely good enough for the Premier League.
Cattermole may not be the best passer of the ball, but his drive, determination and tackling are up there with the best. Now I'm not suggesting he should be a regular, but compared to Jack Colback he's at least as good.

England will never win anything if they pick players because of their drive and determination rather than their actual ability to play football.

Platy said:
England will never win anything if they pick players because of their drive and determination rather than their actual ability to play football.
Hence what I said above in my last post. Unless the PL clubs help English players to flourish by giving them time in their first teams and helping them to improve instead of turning to foreigners all the time it's not going to help us. It's the foreign owners that are messing up our game as the only thing they're interested in is £ this sign or $ this sign if their American I don't like admitting it but it's true. They don't care diddly squat about our international game.

I know a lot of people like to say Carrick is not that good (For some reason that is beyond me), but we've missed a huge trick by not playing him. Just look at his effect on Man United, he turns an average looking side into a team that can destroy Liverpool and Man City...Carrick, Henderson and Barkley would be a quality midfield. Front 3 of Sterling (maybe), Rooney and Welbeck could be good too. 

Plus we need to try and get Terry back in the team IMO. 

AMS97KRR said:
I know a lot of people like to say Carrick is not that good (For some reason that is beyond me), but we've missed a huge trick by not playing him. Just look at his effect on Man United, he turns an average looking side into a team that can destroy Liverpool and Man City...Carrick, Henderson and Barkley would be a quality midfield. Front 3 of Sterling (maybe), Rooney and Welbeck could be good too. 

John Terry is a disgrace to the national side and shouldn't ever be allowed back in it.

AMS97KRR said:

|Yeah Carrick played pretty well for us before we sold him to you as well. Even scored a couple of goals if I remember rightly.