Official Football Thread

1-1 so far both penalties good game so fqar

Hard luck England in fairness though they deid outplay Japan over the course of the match just bad luck denied them.

In the end it was a typical England display, so sad to go out like that, especially when were the better team.

Hughesy said:
In the end it was a typical England display, so sad to go out like that, especially when were the better team.

yeah I think we played better than them the whole game I think Japan just basically stood there and waited for us to make the one crucial error which unfortunately for us we did. Our girls can come home proudly though given it's the first time an English womens team have made it that far and the furthest any England team have gone Mens or womens teams for 20 years  so they can be proud despite the defeat. I'm  proud of them for representing England in the right way and doing as well as they did.
In hindsight based on the game we should have made the final but bad luck strikes at cruel times

Thought I'd post this here as the first and second goals we scored were brilliant, although the keeper should've saved the first one. Players doing ok in preseason considering the whole team is new.
http://youtu.be/uMikWcy5LuQ

Just beat Bristol City in a friendly, City fans going nuts gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside :joy: And it was one of our academy players that scored the winner   B) City used their best players and still lost, L2 vs Championship. I know it's a friendly but I'm happy with the squad we now have, the manager has brought in 15 new players already.

We've just signed Yann M'Villa on a season loan to buy deal, massive upgrade on Liam Bridcutt. With Adnan Januzaj probably coming on loan, all we need is a good, fast striker and at least one creative midfielder and we're sorted for the season.

fIsince08 said:
We've just signed Yann M'Villa on a season loan to buy deal, massive upgrade on Liam Bridcutt. With Adnan Januzaj probably coming on loan, all we need is a good, fast striker and at least one creative midfielder and we're sorted for the season.
Yeah we're in desperate need of a striker too atm with only Harry Kane banging in the goals for us we need another quality finisher.

Hmm. We've just released our kit numbers and 9 and 10 have been left free. Surely we're getting a striker or two?

Hughesy said:
@fIsince08 Welcome to the new season.....  :#

Indeed not the ideal start for my team a 1-0 loss to Man U but then I wasn't really expecting it to be great tbh. But our next few games should be easier given we' re playing teams that you'd expect to see in the bottom half of the table the sooner we can get a quality finisher added to the team the better I'll feel though.

Hughesy said:
Same old same old, nothing will change until Ellis Short starts spending.

fIsince08 said:
Hughesy said:
Same old same old, nothing will change until Ellis Short starts spending.
Yea and our teams problem is we've brought in 17 new players, so it's probably going to be a slow start until they gel. Shows pre season means nothing, as we won nearly every game including against Bristol City, only lost to Bournemouth.

Winning 4-0 at half time, 9 shots to 1, dominating possession and everything else........

Give us the league now.....

2-2, what a comeback this is :D Would feel amazing to turn it around and win 3-2, especially against local rivals.