Official Football Thread

Drama right at the end... :o

Anyone else watching Football League on channel 5 tonight? Hopefully they do a better job than the BBC, at least it's on a a decent time! 

Seems weird seeing a former Yeovil GK playing in goal for the Premier League champions. :joy:  He is a good GK though, but should have stayed at a club where he's number 1.

My god Football League highlights on Channel 5 is beyond shit.... It's more like s chat show than a highlight show.

Hughesy said:
My god Football League highlights on Channel 5 is beyond shit.... It's more like s chat show than a highlight show.
I thought it looked better than what the BBC used to do.

fIsince08 said:
Hughesy said:

Did you actually watch it though? It was awful, there was more chat than highlights, and no structure as they went to Championship then L2 and so on. You should read the tweets about it, 99% of people hated it. I love watching football highlights, but I'll never be watching it again....

Hughesy said:
fIsince08 said:
Hughesy said:

Did you actually watch it though? It was awful, there was more chat than highlights, and no structure as they went to Championship then L2 and so on. You should read the tweets about it, 99% of people hated it. I love watching football highlights, but I'll never be watching it again....
I only watched 20 minutes of it until MOTD started.

Soo.... M'Vila made his debut in an U21 match today. He got sent off for headbutting an 18 year old...

Hughesy said:
It was shocking aha, hopefully it'll get better after the response they've had...

Short has got to start spending for the fans to win back his trust, and we need rid of some of the awful, cowardly, gutless, greedy millionaires that don't give a turd. Duncan Watmore showed more determination in 20 minutes than that lot did all match.

Football League Tonight was actually decent, much better than the first week! 

Good result again for us, can't wait for Friday! 

Think  even I could have scored against that defence :joy: 

Didn't want to say this last night as I was too angry, I was 2 goals off winning £1200 from a £5 bet, 2 F-ing goals  :|

Yeah, guy at work supports them and was giving it to me about how they were gonna win the league ect ect...

See what he thinks after beating them 5-1 and 7-1 in our 2 games against them so far. Good thing is, we weren't exactly brilliant yesterday. But yes, pile your money on us to win everyweek, cause we're going unbeaten.

Believe we had the 4th highest attendance in Scotland yesterday, not bad for being in the 3rd tier ;)

Yea it sounded like a good atmosphere watching the video. 

Yeovil are a bit messed up at the moment, we 6 injured players, most of which are midfielders. Then a CM player got a red card Saturday, so now we only have 1 midfield player... :joy: 

Hughesy said:

Yeovil are a bit messed up at the moment, we 6 injured players, most of which are midfielders. Then a CM player got a red card Saturday, so now we only have 1 midfield player... :joy: 
Play the classic 5-1-4 formation? :p

fIsince08 said:
Hughesy said:

Play the classic 5-1-4 formation? :p
Haha I think we might have to :joy: 

Have to say Bournemouth gave a good account of themselves despite losing to Liverpool tonight. If they can keep playing like that they've got a chance of surviving

Have to say Bournemouth gave a good account of themselves despite losing to Liverpool tonight. If they can keep playing like that they've got a chance of surviving
What unfortunately might happen is that if they keep losing by 1-2 goals or drawing all time they may end up in the bottom 3.

And also, the team that has won the most games in the PL from April is Leicester?

What unfortunately might happen is that if they keep losing by 1-2 goals or drawing all time they may end up in the bottom 3.

And also, the team that has won the most games in the PL from April is Leicester?

if they play like they did against Liverpool I don't think it'll happen though as they played well for the most part. Of the 3 that have come up I agree they're the most likely to go back down because the other 2 clubs at least can say they've got experience at this level recently which will likely at least give them a chance, whereas Bournemouth can't say that. It's just a question I think as to how well they do against  the clubs that'll be down there with them like the 2 that came up with them, Sunderland, Leicester possibly  teams that generally are likely to be occupying the bottom half as they'll likely be down there in the end no matter what it's just a case of picking up enough points to stay out of the bottom 3.

We aer only 2 games in atm so it's hard to say exactly how the season will play out but that's how I see things atm. Leicester aer just a bit lucky in that the games they've played lately are against teams that again are around them and that's what ultimately ends up earning you survival. Bournemouth of course will need to do the same thing if they want tyo survive. This is also why they're on top atm but it's unlikely they'll stay there long.

Hughesy said:
3 gsme, 0 points  :( Football can be so depressing....

indeed it can. Wasn't that long ago when we only picked up 2 points from 8 games and we had to bring in Harry Redknapp to rescue us. If it's any consolation we've not started much better.