Official Football Thread

Love it Sunderland, I said they would stay up, and that result proves they have what it takes  :D

Hughesy said:
Love it Sunderland, I said they would stay up, and that result proves they have what it takes  :D
Woop woop! I was starting to lose a bit of hope but now we're almost guaranteed to be safe. Just don't lose and we'll be fine. Surely even we can manage that? <span>:joy:</span>

And it's always good when John Terry get's sent off! <span>:lol:</span>

Newcastle dead set down though. Don't think there is a scenario realistically possible where they'll stay up. Could be mathematically relegated if Sunderland beat Watford(?).

Jiggy said:
Newcastle dead set down though. Don't think there is a scenario realistically possible where they'll stay up. Could be mathematically relegated if Sunderland beat Watford(?).
We have a game in hand on Wednesday. Win that and it's bye bye Newcastle! Realistically though, so long as we don't lose either of our last two games we're safe as Newcastle would have to thrash Spurs to stay up.

By the way, here's the Villa fans chanting "Sunderland Sunderland Sunderland" to the Newcastle supporters <span>:joy:</span>
https://twitter.com/RLPav_/status/728980926043193344?lang=en-gb

Oh wait, you're playing Everton Wednesday. Thought it was Watford. Norwich also has a game in hand apparently, so win Wednesday and Sunderland is actually safe.

Betting is so strange isn't it, it's 5 times more likely that Yeovil will get into Premier League and win it within 5 years (currently league 2) than it was for Leicester to win the Prem this year :joy:
https://twitter.com/benbarrett10/status/729389868657299456

I'm absolutely terrified for Wednesday. A win and it's all over and I can relax on Sunday and mock the Mags, but I have a terrible feeling we'll **** it up and go down on the last day. I was shaking with nerves during the last 10 minutes of the Chelsea match, I'll be even worse on Wednesday unless we're thrashing Everton and I think I'll have a heart attack on Sunday if we aren't safe.

Going down will be an absolute disaster, we finally have the perfect platform to build off and we're at risk of it being torn apart. It'll be heartbreaking to throw it away now.

Of course, I think Spurs will beat Newcastle but after we beat Chelsea then who knows...

It needs to go to the last game so Newcastle have something to play for and beat Spurs, which means when Arsenal win they finish 2nd. So in Spurs best ever season they still end up finishing behind Arsenal.

Sad to see my friend be released from Yeovil, but going from playing football in the park to seeing him play for Yeovil and even becoming number 1 at Leicester was amazing.

Platy said:
It needs to go to the last game so Newcastle have something to play for and beat Spurs, which means when Arsenal win they finish 2nd. So in Spurs best ever season they still end up finishing behind Arsenal.

not going to happen I'm confident we'll beat Newcastle

Crucial match tonight. Defoe and Borini thrive in games like this, I really hope they do so again tonight.

fIsince08 said:
Crucial match tonight. Defoe and Borini thrive in games like this, I really hope they do so again tonight.

yeah Defoe's a good striker if anyone can get you a goal when you need one most it's him

And then it's Van Aanholt and Koné getting the goals lol

Hughesy said:
Don't worry, mystic Hughesy predicts a Sunderland win :)
Mystic Hughesy knows best B)

Also a comment from the local paper reporter for Yeovil that @fIsince08 will appreciate
https://twitter.com/tomseyms/status/730492956600307712

Oops.                                             :joy:

YES GET IN! F off ginger ninja and adios to the fat Spanish waiter! I can't wait to watch 'big club' Newcastle squirm in the championship once again!

Hughesy said:
Big game for Sunderland coming up, with the games in hand they need to make them count. I think it will be Norwich joining Newcastle and Villa into the Championship.

So glad we have a huge points gap since the managerial change, at Christmas it was sure we would go down, but now dare I say no chance even after losing today.

ps what's up with the laughing smiley? It has span either side, you can delete though parts but I'm not sure why its suddenly happening.

Mystic Hughesy strikes again, you're welcome.

Gotta feel that Sunderland cheated relegation a bit by coming up against an Everton team that would probably get relegated if they played like they have done the past 3 games for a full season. I dunno, I'd feel hard done by if I was a Norwich or Newcastle fan.....saying that I'm glad Newcastle went down...

Everton are brutal though, they've been shocking the past 3 games and they've made a good decision to ditch Martinez who I reckon would've had then in a relegation scrap next season. How he's that team is in the bottom half....

Gotta feel that Sunderland cheated relegation a bit by coming up against an Everton team that would probably get relegated if they played like they have done the past 3 games for a full season. I dunno, I'd feel hard done by if I was a Norwich or Newcastle fan.....saying that I'm glad Newcastle went down...

Everton are brutal though, they've been shocking the past 3 games and they've made a good decision to ditch Martinez who I reckon would've had then in a relegation scrap next season. How he's that team is in the bottom half....
Newcastle couldn't beat Villa and we beat a proper Chelsea side...

fIsince08 said:

Newcastle couldn't beat Villa and we beat a proper Chelsea side...
Boom.

Im not sure how Sunderland cheated relegation, personally think the 3 worst teams went down. Newcastle have some good individuals, but they don't play as a team, whereas every Sunderland player looked like they wanted to play for the badge with pride.

Because Everton are probably on par with Aston Villa atm playing wise, couldn't have asked for an easier must win game to secure safety. 

Just feel that they wouldn't have got that result against most other teams

Because Everton are probably on par with Aston Villa atm playing wise, couldn't have asked for an easier must win game to secure safety. 

yeah almost like we can't ask for an easier game to secuer 2nd spot given we play Newcastle for our last match and we only need to draw to do it.

yeah almost like we can't ask for an easier game to secuer 2nd spot given we play Newcastle for our last match and we only need to draw to do it.
Oops........ Fail