Official Football Thread

I'm not a fan of new stadiums, they lack character, mainly look bland and the same.. But Spurs' new ground looks quality! Love the bar with the pints that pour themselves¬†ūü§£

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lukedfrt said:

I'm not a fan of new stadiums, they lack character, mainly look bland and the same.. But Spurs' new ground looks quality! Love the bar with the pints that pour themselves¬†ūü§£

Yeah I played a few games there on Fifa 19 and it looks awesome in Fifa but it's good to know that the real Tottenham can start playing there now. Our first game in it is tomorrow against Crystal Palace so should be interesting to see how it goes.

• Like 2

Must admit that was a turn up for the books wasn't expecting us to overcome Man City in the Champions League especially without Kane. First time we 've ever made the semi' s so that's a first as well. We've made the quarters a couple of times but usually our story has ended there.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I'm angry that I missed the game, seen the highlights though and wow you guys are lucky VAR is a thing. I hate VAR, I like decisions to not be 100% correct as it gives us fans stuff to talk and moan about, but it was the correct decision. I had City to get to the final, but wow Spurs are shining in the champions league and did it without Kane.

Edited by Hughesy
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Hughesy said:

I'm angry that I missed the game, seen the highlights though and wow you guys are lucky VAR is a thing. I hate VAR, I like decisions to not be 100% correct as it gives us fans stuff to talk and moan about, but it was the correct decision. I had City to get to the final, but wow Spurs are shining in the champions league and did it without Kane.

Yeah it's the fact that we managed to do It without our main frontman that really surprised me as I was expecting us to lose especially considering Guardiola's experience given he's won this competition several times in his career even beating Sir Alex on a few of those occasions. Not that I'm complaining would make for a great story if we pulled It off¬† having the Champion's League be our first trophy in our new home. Not that I expect it to happen but we¬† are only 3 games away from pulling it off. I don't like VAR either but right now I'll take it if it helps achieve more results like that. ūüėõ

• Like 1

Crucial day for Yeovil, lose and we will probably be relegated out of the football league. It's painful, as a kid we were non league and I watched them rise all the way to the second tier of English football. Years of mismanagement have led to this. This season the manager should have been sacked, instead they gave him a new 2 year contract. Then some buyers came to take over the club, but refused to until the manager was sacked, as they didn't want to pay off his contract as it wasn't their mistake.

Supposedly the take over isn't based on if we stay in the football league or not. I can only hope that if we do go down the club is in a better state, even when we got to the championship the club was run like a non league club. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Soft spot for Yeovil after 8 seasons on football manager. Hope they survive but also want Macclesfield to do well under big Sol.

As for Spurs, as  Gooner I don't want them winning the Champs League but a North London Super Cup would be amazing if we also won the Europa League!

Edited by phil83
  • Like 3

Well we lost, 2 of our last 4 games are against teams pushing for promotion. Need a performance like Spurs the other night but sadly there doesnt seem to be much fight in the squad.

Ironically our major downfall was drawing Man United in the FA Cup in 2018, people were on the verge of buying the club, but after we got United the owners shot the asking price up, so it didn't happen.

• Like 1

Keep the faith. League 2 normally throws up final day drama and a great escape. The fat lady ain't sung yet!

• Like 2

Well after being 2-0 up against Northampton and being outside the relegation zone, we drew 2-2 and are relegated with a game to spare. I'm gutted, I hate football right now. From the second tier in English football, to non league in the space of like 6 years....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hughesy said:

Well after being 2-0 up against Northampton and being outside the relegation zone, we drew 2-2 and are relegated with a game to spare. I'm gutted, I hate football right now. From the second tier in English football, to non league in the space of like 6 years....

Yeah every club have their dark moment swe've certainly had a few in my time supporting Spurs I'm just glad that in more recent times we've done pretty well. Qualifying for the Champions League consistently getting to the quarter finals a couple of times reaching the semi's this year has been pretty impressive. Espe4cially given we were given what you might call a group of death to deal with in Inter, Barcelona and PSV I didn't think we'd make it out the group much less carve a path to our first ever semi final in the competition. I'll take it but I wasn't expecting it.

• Like 1

Yeah well this takes the ****. Not a few hours after being relegated some of the squad and the assistant manager Paul Terry were out on the **** all happy and smiling. I have seen more former players like Paddy Madden saying how bad they feel for the club than current players

• Like 1

On 4/29/2019 at 1:29 PM, Hughesy said:

Yeah well this takes the ****. Not a few hours after being relegated some of the squad and the assistant manager Paul Terry were out on the **** all happy and smiling. I have seen more former players like Paddy Madden saying how bad they feel for the club than current players

Unfortunately all you can do is hope you bounce back. I'm sure you will with enough work.

• Like 1

That's proper bad! I would be well ****** off if that happened at Blues, just shows how out of touch most footballers are with reality.. If you're at home for the last game of the season it should be an interesting reception they get! 

• Like 3

I don't know what Spurs are feeding their players right now but whatever it is I could use it. That was something I was not expecting Our firs tever Champions League Final. We've won the smaller prizes before like the Cup winners cup and Uefa cup in the past but never Europe's top prize and we're just 1 game away from pulling it off. I think regardless of what happens though I think whoever wins it'll be a great night for English football given Liverpool are the opponents so even if we did lose to Liverpool it would still be good for our football. Will be great to grace our new stadium with it's first trophy being the Champions League but I'm not getting my hopes up. But it would be somewhat of a fairytale ending to this season. Let Liverpool and Man City slog it out for the Premier League while we snatch the Champions League out from under their noses

• Like 1

The last few nights of football have been unbelievable, never would've predicted either game! Only bad thing is i missed them both live cause i was working :classic_sad:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Lukedfrt said:

The last few nights of football have been unbelievable, never would've predicted either game! Only bad thing is i missed them both live cause i was working :classic_sad:

Yeah I missed it as well as I can't afford those channels anymore I only saw the resul ton the BBC website and watched the highlights on youtube. My first thoughts were like Del boy "We've only gawn and done it." But I was really happy for them it's been a hard couple of seasons given we've not had a home as such and everything so to pull this off was incredible

• Like 1

I think the final may be live on Youtube again like it was last year so you can catch it there possibly.

Chance to make it an English European lock out tonight with Arsenal and Chelsea. #nobrexit 

• Like 2

What a fantastic atmosphere we had tonight! Really enjoyed that and it felt good to finally beat the dirty buggers, especially with 10 men after one of the most hopeless refereeing performances I have ever seen!

• Like 1

Looking forward to tonight going t be interesting whilst I hope we win even if we lose our team can be proud of what they've achieved. I'm going to watch it on YouTube. It'll be a great way though to start life in our new stadium as European Champions but even if we don't achieve it we can be proud given this is the first time we've made the final of the competition.

• Like 2

I'm hoping Spurs do it, i work with 3 Liverpool fans.. Born in Birmingham :classic_angry:

• Like 1

I don't know if anyone else has been watching the womens world cup but it has been brilliant. 

I went in to it with a lot of pessimism but the games have been very entertaining and high tempo with little stoppage in play.

If you haven't seen any, I recommend tuning in to the final on Sunday.

• Like 1