Jump to content Jump to content

Official Football Thread

Lukedfrt said:
This is why Scottish Football sucks.

In all seriousness though i really don't understand why the top tier still only has 12 teams. That is such a stupid idea.
Nobody knows. I think the idea was it would work the same way as the Premiership in having "elite" teams. It had the potential to be good, but the TV money stuffed it.
fIsince08 said:
I don't get the league splitting part.  :-/
The league splits into 2 mini leagues, one being the Championship half, the other the Relegation. The top half all play each-other once and so do the bottom half .

Lukedfrt said:

In all seriousness though i really don't understand why the top tier still only has 12 teams. That is such a stupid idea.
Nobody knows. I think the idea was it would work the same way as the Premiership in having "elite" teams. It had the potential to be good, but the TV money stuffed it.
fIsince08 said:
The league splits into 2 mini leagues, one being the Championship half, the other the Relegation. The top half all play each-other once and so do the bottom half .

Bit unfair on the home advantage though. Stupid system.

fIsince08 said:
Lukedfrt said:

fIsince08 said:

Bit unfair on the home advantage though. Stupid system.
All the SPL grounds a lifeless and souless, so home advantage doesn't really work. Only exceptions being Aberdeen and Motherwell
I'm not saying it's a bad deal. It's great from our perspective.But it's a massive middle finger up to FFP. We may have spent hideously in the past, but I'm glad that we seem to be making an effort to abide by the rules comfortably, and we can do so when sides like PSG are happy to spend such a stupid amount. Cue Yugin bitching about Torres.