Jump to content Jump to content

Official Football Thread

EdMa said:
What's happening with Borini? Have you got him yet? 

Not yet, but if we do then I'll be on here in a flash to buzz about it :p 

I'm still hopeful. Borini, Vergini and or Van Dijk would be awesome. Just need a left winger and a full back that can play both sides.

When Yeovil was a non league club 10 years ago we had very noisy fans and even though it's a small ground it was an intimidating  ground for away clubs. Now we are in L1 and Championship the season before we have very quiet fans who are very fickle. We always had full crowds but now we don't, even last season when a town of 40,000 was one league below the prem.

We have a player called Kieffer Moore who even played games in the Championship last season for us, gets booed from a small section of fans as he looks slightly clumsy but is very tall!. But what they don't seem to understand is that we got him from a club that's about 9 leagues below and yet did ok in the Championship for us. He's only young and is going to become a good striker and has made a massive leap up from where he was playing, and if the fans keep hating on him he'll probably leave and become a good player somewhere else.

Why can't fans just get behind the players as only then will they play with confidence...

I wish could've gone to a match at Roker Park, the atmosphere there (the Roker Roar) was meant to be awesome.

EDIT: I've created a football quiz. Give it a go without cheating and see what you get.

http://www.onlinequizcreator.com/en/football-quiz/exam-7212

Can I just ask, am I allowed to swear at Old Trafford or is it not the done thing at a Premiership stadium? Cause I don't want to be shouting and getting angry only to be getting eyeballed by everybody. Got the impression the last time that it was frowned upon :L

I know its a different sport, but this happened at Murrayfield when I went to a rugby game.... :L

Can I just ask, am I allowed to swear at Old Trafford or is it not the done thing at a Premiership stadium? Cause I don't want to be shouting and getting angry only to be getting eyeballed by everybody. Got the impression the last time that it was frowned upon :L

I know its a different sport, but this happened at Murrayfield when I went to a rugby game.... :L

I've never been (to Old Trafford), but in the Stadium of Light swearing is banned. No one obeys the rule though :p