Jump to content Jump to content

Official Football Thread

We have Blackett, Jones and Evans all either injured or suspended next game ( I assume Evans and Jones will be). Serious issues at the back still. We badly need a CB in January, just keep it together as much as possible for now. 

I still maintain the penalty rattled us. 
Hughesy said:
The strike force is Champions league but the defence is league 1/championship standard. 

Man U I think have always been a bit dodgy defensively in my opinion same as us on occasion. The thing that's always been formidable about them is their capacity to attack and really harry their opponents. I remember us being 3-0 up on them once at half time only for them to strike back in the second half and get 5 and win the game. Defence has never really been their strength and never was even under Alex Ferguson it's just he knew the best way to counter this would be to have a very effective attack. I think though given the changes in the rules in recent years making tackling more difficult most other teams even those that were built on defence originally like Arsenal have adopted this approach just with different levels of success
Hearing through Twitter that Qatar has lost the 2022 world cup. Awaiting a proper link for confirmation. Rumour suggest USA are the new venue, which is much better. Alternatives are Japan, South Korea or Australia, though USA were 2nd in the selection, so I guess it's going to be them.
I've always found Twitter to be quite a reliable source.

So apparently the justification for these comments are that 'it's too hot.' If they had half a brain between all the ExCo members, they'd have known that was an issue back then. The only way Qatar won't host is if a meteor wipes out all of humanity.
As far as I know it's still scheduled to be held there we just have to wait and see what Fifa come up with. Until they make an announcement of some sort all we can do is carry on as normal we've still got 2 more Euro's and another WC in Russia to worry about before then anyway. So plenty of time to figure out how to handle this problem although I think a decision will be made soon.
Deadline for the decision and a possible re-awarding of the tournament is probably 2015, 2016 at the very latest because of the time needed to plan infrastructure and the like.
I agree a decision will likely be made sooner rather than later for those reasons you mentioned (probably within the next 12 months)  given if it was moved a new host would still need to plan and prepare for it. But as I said until a decision is made all we can do is carry on as normal.
Rooney was a complete idiot today, although at least now Mata can start as I rate him more highly than Rooney in the No.10 role. 
McNair was class today, 19 years old and looked calm, composed and that header was insane. I really hope he gets better and better as the season goes by, then maybe our defensive issues will be less severe. And Rafael was great today, he'd be one of the best RB's in the league if he was not injured so much...