Jump to content Jump to content

Official Football Thread

Platy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29402375

This is a load of rubbish. don't hire anyone because of their skin colour, it is a load of crap. You can't say to a white guy "Sorry, although you are the best candidate, we have to hire the black candidate because we need to be politically correct". 

Nothing needs to be done, if a good black manager comes along he gets a job, everyone has an equal chance but quite simply, the black guys haven't been as good as other candidates who happen to be white. If a club hires a manager based on race (and chooses an inferior white manager) they are just idiots and the results will show it. 

It is ridiculous, companies/clubs don't hire a black guy and suddenly the black person pulls the race card. It annoys me immensely when they do it. Nobody is being racist, you just were not good enough. I don't know how they can sit there and act like victims of racism. Do we really live in a society where if a company doesn't hire a black guy over a white guy they could be racist? Surely hiring a guy because he's black is racist towards White people then?

AMS97KRR said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29402375

This is a load of rubbish. don't hire anyone because of their skin colour, it is a load of crap. You can't say to a white guy "Sorry, although you are the best candidate, we have to hire the black candidate because we need to be politically correct". 

Nothing needs to be done, if a good black manager comes along he gets a job, everyone has an equal chance but quite simply, the black guys haven't been as good as other candidates who happen to be white. If a club hires a manager based on race (and chooses an inferior white manager) they are just idiots and the results will show it. 

It is ridiculous, companies/clubs don't hire a black guy and suddenly the black person pulls the race card. It annoys me immensely when they do it. Nobody is being racist, you just were not good enough. I don't know how they can sit there and act like victims of racism. Do we really live in a society where if a company doesn't hire a black guy over a white guy they could be racist? Surely hiring a guy because he's black is racist towards White people then?
Positive discrimination/affirmative action, whatever they call it nowadays is quite possibly the stupidest thing going around. You can't fight discrimination with discrimination. Proponents will say that this only applies when candidates have 'similar qualifications' but that's crap. You should hire someone who you think has the best work ethic, attitude or who ever fulfils your criteria and will do the best job. If that's a white candidate over a black candidate, then so be it.

Only 1000 more.

Also, Stamford Bridge was 99% full (41,607 attendance, 41,837 capacity). Stadium of Light was 87% full (42,713 attendance, 49,000 capacity). It's nice to cherry pick stats to make your feel good but they never tell the full story.

Platy said:
Only 1000 more.

Also, Stamford Bridge was 99% full (41,607 attendance, 41,837 capacity). Stadium of Light was 87% full (42,713 attendance, 49,000 capacity). It's nice to cherry pick stats to make your feel good but they never tell the full story.
I know, I only meant it as a light hearted joke. You also need to take into account that Sunderland has a bigger catchment area too.