Jump to content Jump to content

Official Football Thread

Platy

SASBlink said:
fIsince08 said:
Hahaha, has anyone read the reason Roy Keane didn't bring Robbie Savage to Sunderland?
No so please enlighten me, keane is funny as hell so its probs a good story @D
I rang Mark Hughes. Robbie wasn't in the Blackburn team and I asked Mark if we could try to arrange a deal (blah blah).
Sparky gave me permission to give him a call. So I got Robbie's mobile number and rang him. It went to his voicemail: "Hi, it's Robbie - whazzup!" like the Budweiser ad. I never called him back. I thought " I can't be (effing) signing that".

To anyone who hasn't seen either of the Gibraltar games ,please at least watch highlights of them just for the comical value. The keeper can't even kick the ball past the half way line. 
Well, they're not professionals, they are basically what me and you be like if we went played football.... not very good. lol

SASBlink said:
To anyone who hasn't seen either of the Gibraltar games ,please at least watch highlights of them just for the comical value. The keeper can't even kick the ball past the half way line. 
Well, they're not professionals, they are basically what me and you be like if we went played football.... not very good. lol
I know ,  but it must be pretty embarrassing for them. I mean would you like to be going up against the world champions competitively if you weren't  even a professional.

Platy said:
I would, it'd be a great experience. They've played more international football than you or I ever will. Nothing to be embarrassed about.
In a friendly , yes , getting trashed 10 and 8 odd goals being my fault , no. Of course it'd  be a great experience even if you lost 4-0 , but not the way they're playing.

Platy said:
Maybe when you're older your point of view will change. Losing by 8 goals to a team made of people who earn more a month than you do in several years is nothing to be embarrassed about.
Ummm :\

I'm not laughing at them, most of them (if not all of them) are better than me. And money doesn't come into it. If I was playing in front of 10 people against a team of non-professionals and I lost 8 -0 , mainly because of my mistakes , I'd be pretty embarrassed by it.  

Platy said:
Maybe when you're older your point of view will change. Losing by 8 goals to a team made of people who earn more a month than you do in several years is nothing to be embarrassed about.

I'm not laughing at them, most of them (if not all of them) are better than me. And money doesn't come into it. If I was playing in front of 10 people against a team of non-professionals and I lost 8 -0 , mainly because of my mistakes , I'd be pretty embarrassed by it.  
That's why said the age thing. When you're older you don't get embarrassed about things like that, you just learn to not care and get on with it.

Platy said:
Platy said:

That's why said the age thing. When you're older you don't get embarrassed about things like that, you just learn to not care and get on with it.
Of course I'm not saying it'll keep him awake at night , but he must have felt bad both for the team and making all those mistakes. Don't say he didn't care at all. What would be the point if he didn't care ? 

EDIT : I know you learn not to care about things , but for me , competitive sport is different. Especially team sports.

Platy said:
I would, it'd be a great experience. They've played more international football than you or I ever will. Nothing to be embarrassed about.
In a friendly , yes , getting trashed 10 and 8 odd goals being my fault , no. Of course it'd  be a great experience even if you lost 4-0 , but not the way they're playing.
well San Marino aer exactly the same they don't play football because they're necessarily any good but because they enjoy it. They don't necessarily mind so much that they're not going to be world champions but just to enjoy competing

Platy said:
well San Marino aer exactly the same they don't play football because they're necessarily any good but because they enjoy it. They don't necessarily mind so much that they're not going to be world champions but just to enjoy competing
And i agree with them completely. I'd love to play for my national team no matter how bad they were . My point was I felt bad for the keeper ( who was at fault for most of the goals )

Platy said:
And i agree with them completely. I'd love to play for my national team no matter how bad they were . My point was I felt bad for the keeper ( who was at fault for most of the goals )
truth is though keepers are at fault for most goals that are scored. That's why it's frequently said you'd have to be mad to be a goalie.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29527838

Some rather interesting numbers...

Its cheaper for a season ticket at the Nou Camp than one for Annan Athletic who play in the lowest tier in Scotland....
And it's cheaper for a season ticket at Real Madrid than it is for a Yeovil ST, go figure... It's why I didn't buy one this season. The prices have actually gone up even though we got relegated from the Championship, and they wonder why they get lower crowds this season....