Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

Official Football Thread


Recommended Posts

AMS97KRR said:
AMS97KRR said:
God I wish United had signed Eriksen...
yeah he's definitely a good player one of the few things we did get right with our £100 mil spending spree
I was so surprised that a Champions League team didn't buy him, he's class. 
It's possible that someone will at some stage although I hope not as he's proved to be a pretty good replacement for Bale other than the fact I still think we need another striker I think we're looking good now as I think we're starting to find a bit of form. We started off badly this season but things are starting to come good now I think.
Link to post
Share on other sites
AMS97KRR said:
AMS97KRR said:
God I wish United had signed Eriksen...
yeah he's definitely a good player one of the few things we did get right with our £100 mil spending spree
I was so surprised that a Champions League team didn't buy him, he's class. 
It's possible that someone will at some stage although I hope not as he's proved to be a pretty good replacement for Bale other than the fact I still think we need another striker I think we're looking good now as I think we're starting to find a bit of form. We started off badly this season but things are starting to come good now I think.
Yeah, just keep getting those freekicks in good positions - certain goal :p 
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator
Platy said:
Lol 'Arry, hurt his knee because he wasn't allowed to sign any overpaid, old players yesterday.

QPR will get the new manager boost for their next away game and pick up points. Oh bugger, that's against us. :neutral: 

Great, we only have 5 subs on the bench!

Link to post
Share on other sites
So we've sacked Gary Johnson, what's the point when the players can't be changed now. We now have Terry Skiverton in charge, who a few years back stepped aside so GJ could come back, and get us away from the bottom of league 1. The board are clueless 
Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:
So we've sacked Gary Johnson, what's the point when the players can't be changed now. We now have Terry Skiverton in charge, who a few years back stepped aside so GJ could come back, and get us away from the bottom of league 1. The board are clueless 
Most football boards are I think
The reason I'm so angry though, people having been calling for change for a while. They had over 500k they could've spent in January, but spent nothing even though we are bottom. So the board obviously didn't have confidence in GJ, so they should've grown some balls and got rid of him at the start of last month. By sacking him now nothing can be done to improve the squad. 

After January ended they should've just stuck with him, as his contract ends at the end of the season. By sacking him now we've had to pay him off, money that could've been spent on players. He may be the best manager we've had, as he got us from the conference to the Championship (in two spells) but he's lost his marbles the last year, got rid of all our good players (fell out with them) which is a petty thing for a manager to do.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
So we've sacked Gary Johnson, what's the point when the players can't be changed now. We now have Terry Skiverton in charge, who a few years back stepped aside so GJ could come back, and get us away from the bottom of league 1. The board are clueless 
Most football boards are I think
The reason I'm so angry though, people having been calling for change for a while. They had over 500k they could've spent in January, but spent nothing even though we are bottom. So the board obviously didn't have confidence in GJ, so they should've grown some balls and got rid of him at the start of last month. By sacking him now nothing can be done to improve the squad. 

After January ended they should've just stuck with him, as his contract ends at the end of the season. By sacking him now we've had to pay him off, money that could've been spent on players. He may be the best manager we've had, as he got us from the conference to the Championship (in two spells) but he's lost his marbles the last year, got rid of all our good players (fell out with them) which is a petty thing for a manager to do.
yeah I know all clubs make silly mistakes though I think because I felt the same when Redknapp was at Spurs everything was going well for us probably the best it had  for a long time. Yet he lost his job in my view unnecessarily because he wasn't to know Chelsea would win the CL that year and in doing so prevent us from getting into it. If I had been chairman I'd have kept him in charge because for me it felt like we were going places under him and I think we were playing some of the best football I'd seen for a long time
Link to post
Share on other sites

incredible atmosphere at white hart lane today SJ and spurs definitely have the momentum with them just now.

ps I like the last line of your signature, can I be your friend? pretty please :-) lol


Of course it's a line Shepard says to Jack at the end of her recruitment mission. When she's arguing about Shepard working with Cerberus as she has a rather bad history with them as you discover later on during her loyalty mission. He's says that line to her because he wants her on his side it's one of the renegade responsesyou can pick in the game. I personally love Garrus follow up line as he responds by saying "They have a way of dying". Trying to find a vid of it but can't at the moment but it's a renegade response
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...