Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

more force feed back on T300 on ps4 please

OMG, Stevie you little hero, who the f.. checks Facebook for these settings, but glad you did, going to try them out...

Tummie555 said:
jokingaura said:
I don't think it is a factory preset by Thrustmaster. I think codemasters provides presets for supported wheels. If I remember correctly you can load the presets by going to the advanced wheel options and the bottom gives you an option to load a profile.
So, I don't want to intervene with your mindfulness, but when I load the thrustmaster preset, the only noticeable changes are the button configuration and steering/pedal saturation/deadzones... nothing happens to the ffb setting. Which in a way makes a lot of sense to me, because 1 profile for all thrustmaster wheels doesn't seem right. 
Yeah,  I played more with the settings last night. I was mistaken. Sorry to send you on a wild goose chase. I am in the same boat as everyone else here. There does not seem to be any way to configure the FFB properly on PS4. I am curious why this seems to keep happening when devs ort a PC game to PS4. It took several tries for Project Cars to get it right and now Dirt Rally is plagued by the same issue. Next up is Assetto Corsa and we can all complain about that.I tried the supposed Thrustmaster settings from @Stevie777 and did not like the feel. Dropping the wheel friction to 25% makes the wheel far too light. The best compromise I came up with last night is removing soft lock, dropping my T300 to 540 degrees, and moving the sliders to 150% where appropriate. It seems these PC games' FFB is never tested on consoles before release.  

I've switched back and forth between all kind of settings, which is usually not a very good sign, you wouldn't do that if there's one profile spot on, and they don't even look alike which is another bad sign. One day I like the thrustmaster-settings, another day I love the standard settings (all increased to around 110%). It differs also per country (and weatherconditions). The only differences between the standard settings and the thrustmaster-settings that always seem to get me are the following:
The standard settings give me a better sense of speed. More realistic, as if they fit better with the rest of the physics in the game. Where the thrustmaster settings on the other hand seem to make the steering easier, coloring the ffb, and as I said before, making it a little more quick and arcade-ish. Those differences always seem apparent. Which eventually make me play the game on standard ffb stettings most of the time. Because of the simulation feel.
I'd love to hear from anyone that thinks his settings are nice (t300rs + ps4), I will try them out for sure.

P.s. if thrustmaster advices to set almost every strenght to the max, I think they confirm our ideas of lack in ffb.  o:)

I found FFB to go in and out also on my T300rs. And  when in, way too light. On 2 different snow tracks,  one is way too slippery and other no slip at all. Pile on no FFB and its horrible experience.  I hv tried all settings, nothing works.

The feedback is flawless on the T500. I've turned all assists off & put the soft lock on, the rest I've left alone & it blows away Project cars, even the Jack Spades settings dont come close to this

Bump, dear codemasters, can we get a response from the car handling team? I can lend you my ps4 and t300rs if you don't have one to test it. Thrustmaster have taken their responsibility and replied like a week ago... :#   
And their profile doesn't look a lot like the one you provided us with. Please give a response on both matters. The lack of ffb, the completely different but suggested profile by Thrustmaster,  and maybe give us your own opinion about the Dirt Rally ffb+ps4+t300rs combination. Thnx in advance.  

Eadie71 said:
The feedback is flawless on the T500. I've turned all assists off & put the soft lock on, the rest I've left alone & it blows away Project cars, even the Jack Spades settings dont come close to this
Yep, I can confirm this, the ffb on the T500 feels fantastic. I tried the Thrustmaster recommended settings first and I thought they were a limp tbh, so I just came up with my own simple settings and I haven't looked back since. 

Can anybody using a t300/500 confirm for me please that if you are sat on the start line (not moving) and turn the wheel to the right/left and let go it then returns to centre? Mine doesn't in dirt rally but does in pcars -thanks

Dear @ChristinaMc, could you or someone else from codemasters please confirm that this question/problem/sincere request will be looked after by the development team? Like, maybe even this year? Thnx in advance by your customers. 

Tummie555 said:
Dear @ChristinaMc, could you or someone else from codemasters please confirm that this question/problem/sincere request will be looked after by the development team? 

Bump!

I bought a T300 early this year just so I could use it on this game, but the force feedback pretty much doesn't exist. Can this be sorted, Codemasters?

See this https://mobile.twitter.com/dirtgame/status/725612285046214656

JawkaM said:
See this https://mobile.twitter.com/dirtgame/status/725612285046214656
Holy sh*t JawkaM, respect for getting a reaction! The poor people at codemasters have clearly been done wrong with all our frustrations, it was us who were doing it wrong all along, expecting a reaction on their own website.... 

So, I noticed that the game (dirt rally) is already on sale in the playstation store... which means that all of us, who paid the full price didn't have any advantages over the people who pay the discount-price. This was actually predicted by some forum members; wait a couple of months and you'll pick up a working version of the game for less money. They couldn't have been more right....  Because the game still suffers from unplayable ffb on most tracks at least if you have an t300rs, combined with the desperate need for an adjustable fov-setting. And for me it's not really the lack of an update, I can imagine it takes some time (allthough it's been already 6 weeks since the console release), but what's really upsetting is the lack of any response. Something like: We're proud to have such a large customer- and fanbase who've helped us through their feedback to make this game so great. Despite the thorough testing, we really thought we'd covered every major issue before the release of the game, we have come to known some game crippling technical issues thanks to our community after it's official release on consoles. We can confirm that your feedback has been heard and the subject of this thread is on our highest priority bug list. At this moment it is unsure when the issues will be resolved exactly, but we can assure you that we're doing everything in our power to create this much needed patch. We are aiming for a release next week and are terribly sorry for any hasted actions from our marketing team that suggest paying full retail price is not appreciated. 

It's really not that hard.

I agree for asphalt it feels a lot lighter. But.... i am sorry to say, in general I get pretty good ffb from t300rs with 599xxEvo wheel...got everything on 110% to match the big rumble from the buttkicker.
I like

Personally I think they totally misjudge the impact of this bug. From the Dirt Rally ps4 customers, the ones that own a t300rs are definitely race/rally simulator fans. Therefor they form a big part, if not all, of the core of the Dirt Rally ps4 customers. You might compare it to the chanting football fans in a stadium. It's about 15% of the supporters, but boy do they have an impact on the rest of the crowd. This is all written under the assumption that nobody seems to care that we haven't been able to enjoy a single day with this game. We assume this because we don't get any reactions. And when we finally do, it states, and I quote: " I don't know yet".  
After 7 weeks, the one and only person we have to rely on, leaves us standing in the blistering cold, spitting in our face, slamming the door on any last hope that may had survived.

But I 'm sure it's all just a big misunderstanding and this fix will be released within the first patch. 

@jennyannem, @CMMcBabe sorry to bother you ladies, but we figured it is time for some answers, with Christina enjoying her well earned holiday, we thought we take advantage of it and talk to her replacement. Hope we're targeting the right people for these answers.

ATTENTION PLEASE, one of the community members found us A WORKAROUND !!!

I am serious, I just tested this technique from @madwak and never did I dare to dream of such ffb. It all makes so much sense now... 
(Please be adviced, this workaround is based on fan knowledge, madwak nor me can be held responsible for any damage whatsoever caused by any of the suggestion made below, sorry for that, dad was a lawyer ;) )

The pictures below have been well known, but the results were always, meh. While some liked these thrustmaster suggestion, some of us definitely didn't, some switched back and forth between these and the pumped up standard settings, like me.

Well now, aaaah there is a secret ingredient to it! While the testing was done at thrustmaster they must have accidentally used this madwak-technique. Which is why the settings below have always felt so far off from their potential when most of us tried them.

The secret is; You have to start the game at least once in ps3 mode! 
This seems to "snap" or "unleash" something into place within the game. 

These steps are to be followed once:
1. Turn off everything, set wheel to ps3 mode.
2. Connect cables, start ps4 and start the game (has to be done with controller)
3. Wheel calibrates again while game loads, press options on wheel when on titlescreen. 
4. Start race, why not try, even enjoy this ffb on some tarmac ;)
5. Exit everything, turn everything off, disconnect cables.
6. Set wheel to ps4 mode. Connect everything, boot like normal.
7. Start stage, preferably the same stage, ffb feels already heavier on standard settings, but still icy when lets say, in third gear and below, and weaker than ps3 mode.
8. Change the ffb settings to the appropriate thrustmaster suggestion (regular, dirt, snow) 
9. Be amazed.

I swear to some lord, I felt good ffb in Monaco stages, and Finland my fellow tortured ones, o m g.

Thank you @madwak !!! 

I tried it and I think this might be wishful thinking. I have 2 sim rigs setup, one with the PS4 and the other Xbone and I setup the same car and track on each rig and the TX was superior. They just need to adjust the amount of FFB so 150 really feels like 150. The 300 is lacking the centering force. It doesn't pull back on you with any weight like the TX.

I just tested it again, it feels bloody marvellous! Especially considering this is a community solved workaround, I can't compare it to a fully functional setup like t500 or TX but this is such a big improvement over what it used to feel like, I really do almost forget about the bug. 

@DanielFlandersR, do you feel any difference between booting in ps3 or ps4 mode? I guess that's the basis for this workaround to work. 

I have the exact same problem with my Trustmaster T150. It's really a disappointment to move from project cars to Dirt Raly. The FFB is simply far to weak. It must be a ps4 issue, i've read many of these complains. I wonder when codemasters solves this big problem.

Also with the settings from Trustmaster (facebook) the game is just unplayable, because of the leak of good FFB

I hope this problem will be solved asap