Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

more force feed back on T300 on ps4 please

Just drove some more modern cars, ffb is strong as a motherlover, it really tries to rip out of my hands!  Such gigantic happiness! This whole new experience does prove the point that a bug this big isn't a problem that should be allowed to exist this long, it's on playstation so it should be plug&play no strings attached, but enough words are said about this and @jennyannem already promised to do her best to get us an update on the official solution: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/179361#Comment_179361

So if I followed the above instructions (switch the mode from ps4 to ps3 on my steering wheel) the ffb wil be much better?
I'm going to test it out tonight, are there also other instructions that i have to follow?

MaikW said:
So if I followed the above instructions (switch the mode from ps4 to ps3 on my steering wheel) the ffb wil be much better?
I'm going to test it out tonight, are there also other instructions that i have to follow?

HI Maik,  I am not completely sure how this works for a t150, do you have the same ps3 to ps4 switch? All instructions are posted in that one message, I hope it works out for you to! 

Yes I also have the switch between ps3 and ps4. I will follow the instructions above and the instructions from Thrustmaster (to callibrate the wheel and ffb setting). I'm curious if the above steps are the sollution. I've tried out the instructions from thrustmaster whit no succes unfurtunately.
I hope it will work by switching it to ps3, if not i have to wait untill codemasters reveal a sollution for the weak ffb on ps4

This won't provide THE solution, it's just a workaround put together by our community hero madwak and the so kind to quickly react thrustmaster professionals. It doesn't provide the quality everyone with a bug-less setup experiences, but it is unrecognisable good to its own previous experience. For the true quality ffb codemasters meant to deliver we'll just have to wait for our one and only @jennyannem with the update about the fix. 

Hi Hengist,  did you turn off the ps4 and unplug the t300 from the power socket then switch t300 to PS3 mode then power everything up again or just flick the switch to PS3 mode? I reckon it's turning the power off and restarting everything that makes the difference, it definately made my ffb feel a lot different to when I started but still not in the same league as Pcars :neutral:

Just talked to the lad, he might have used the technique in the early days after release, which could explain the lack of difference.

Codemasters have divided the ffb into sub forces. I believe its some of those subforces that feel much stronger now while some others seem to remain the same, i swear the difference is like night and day for my setup. The suspension feedback and, dont know which force is responsible but when i step on the gas and steer, those are the biggest improvements. It doesn't feel like superior quality like, but it does feel superior over the ffb felt before.

All this is great but COME ON CODEMASTERS- WHY ARE WE ALL BEING LEFT TO TRY AND SORT THIS OURSELVES...???!!?? WHERES THE PATCH FFS??!!??

Hold on just a little longer buddy, update is almost here since @jennyannem is working on it as we speak! She'll post it here: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/40449/dirt-rally-v1-1-found-a-bug-post-it-here

MaikW said:
Sorry to hear that Maik, pretty shit actually, I can see your feeling really blue about it as well.
Anyway keep on eye on the thread mentioned earlier, we'll be getting some news very soon about the real fix! Fingers crossed its something good!

:/ :o :(    sorry to hear that Jones, I would start doubting it's all in my head but the difference is to way apparent here. Its beginning to feel really embarrassing and uncomfortable happily rallying around in the career mode while you lads still have nothing. 

I don't think the workaround took for me ?
I followed the instructions, but I couldn't start a stage in PS3 mode as the game would not recognise the handbrake (I tried the default circle button, and the self mapped R2 I prefer). The game recognised all the other buttons either mapped, or default but I still can't start the stage due to the apparent lack of handbrake !
Any ideas please ?
Same problem here, no handbrake in ps3 mode...   

P.s. For those people where this workaround does give an improvement. I did feel the need for a  "refresh" , by which I mean follow the procedure again. It did make a difference as the ffb felt again stronger afterwards. So, and I'm sorry to say this, but I've been rallying with a big smile for quite some stages (100+) now, and it is worth mentioning that this workaround doesn't provide a stable solution. Sometimes the ffb gains strenght throughout the stage, and like I said it felt the ffb had weakened after some time ( more than you could explain by getting used to the strenght). Maybe I am going crazy but the weakening seemed to start after driving some rallycross, which have been confirmed to have buggy ffb at the moment.  I guess my point is that the whole ffb seems in desperate need of refactoring to the point it doesnt come close to the original code. I don't think it's the t300 having issues with it, just look at v1.1 pc users with the rally cross ffb bug, I think it is the only wheel that reveals the issues with the code. It would explain the almost 2 months they need before even giving any information, other than "soon". 

P.p.s. Hmmmm expressing thyself.   :D

Don't ask for too much as the T300 tend to easily break with too much excessive force feedback so I guess they are just trying to be safe.

Hi all, thanks for your patience with this. We've been collating everyone's feedback since launch - and now we're poised to push out a patch in the next week or two, we can talk a little more about what we'll be fixing and what will need more attention from us. At the moment, this is one of the issues we're not confident on a fix for just yet (hence why it wasn't mentioned in the notes for the forthcoming patch) - but we are aware of it, and we are investigating it. 

The “thrust” of  it is that certain wheels have completely different behaviours for force feedback linearity. Your wheel manufacturers might be able to recommend you some in-game settings for their wheels in the mean time, but we'll have some more information on this very soon.

And as soon as I have that info, I'll be right back here with an update. 

:o :/ :( :'(    Very well, of course we're not happy about the contents of the message. I must say,  personally I am grateful for the message itself. It's direct and honest, it's even quite thorough, especially compared to what we've heard before. So, thanks @ChristinaMc. 

P.s I got this reaction today from codemasters support, it says the same, but thought you guys might want to judge it yourself: 

Hi Tummie,

Thanks for your email about the issues you’ve having with Force Feedback, and we’re sorry that this is affecting your enjoyment of DiRT Rally. We are aware of these issues, and we’re looking into this as a priority at the moment.

Because we’ve not identified a solution for this yet, we can’t offer any time scales or assurances about a fix. However when this information is available, we’ll share it as soon as we can on our forums, social media, and other various channels we have. But rest assured, it is something we’re investigating at present.

Thanks,
Codies 

Oh FFS... If they can provide decent FFB for the T300 on Xbox, then what's going on with the ps4 version?????!!!!!?????
How can I say this in a way they will understand my feelings on the matter?... Ah yes that's it...
TOTAL B+++++KS
Trading in my copy of dirt and selling my newly bought (especially for dirt) T300 as it is COMPLETE GARBAGE... rather like codemasters... And you can kiss my rear end if you think I'll buy F1 2016... GRRRRRRRRRRR.....

It's not looking good for the PS4. I'm very thankful I have an Xbone. Time to sell my PS4 copy I'm to invested in my Xbone version anyway.

Ok, so I want to return my copy of the game, but am out of the grace period from Amazon, Codemasters, can you please let me know I can get a full refund. I'm not waiting around anymore for this broken game when it sounds like all you'll do is say that a fix is impossible anyway...

Yeah, it's within my rights as a consumer to return a faulty product

and my reasons for wanting to return it are more than just that - I, like I'm sure many other people, actually ended up getting the wheel with the knowledge this game was coming out, so it feels like I've invested more than just the cost of the game for something that we're being told they probably won't fix, even though it works on both the Xbox One, and the PC. That's a bitter pill to swallow, and not something that makes me thrilled that I've contributed to Codemasters' wallet.

The “thrust” of  it is that certain wheels have completely different behaviours for force feedback linearity. Your wheel manufacturers might be able to recommend you some in-game settings for their wheels in the mean time, but we'll have some more information on this very soon. 

This "certain" wheel works perfectly fine on pc and xbox one with your game, so the suggestion it's because the developers don't know how the "number 1 selling wheel on ps4" works...... I just kind of hoped we were beyond this point by now (58 days and 13 hours after realease and first notifications of this problem.)