Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

more force feed back on T300 on ps4 please

Codies are you still working on a fix? Or should we just collectively burn our copies of Dirt Rally? Any kind of update on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Still no word of a fix ? This is rediculous Codies. I can't believe it takes this long to fix the issues. I haven't been able to play the game for months as it is far from the enjoyable experience that others on different platforms and wheel combos have. 
This is altogether a very poor state of affairs that surely must  impact on sales of future releases from your studio ? I've lost confidence in you, as I'm sure many others have, and I have no intention of purchasing another Codemasters title again !

Just want to add my support for this topic. The ffb on tarmac with the t300rs is terrible compared to the dirt stages. I hope that it is still being looked at and will fixed by codemasters. 

I'm not impressed with this trend that is creeping in by developers to give the customer broken force feedback in a game and loads of options to find a work around themselves. Project cars ffb on the ps4 is rubbish out of the box, now Dirt rally has problems too. 

Well, I hope the silence by the devs on this ongoing fault means they're working hard to address it and haven't got time to respond to us ?

I've had a bit of back and forth with Christina MC about it. The long and the short of it is that they've been communicating with Thrustmaster, but a fix is not likely to happen. Sorry to disappoint.

Here's the message. Not Christina's fault so please no one give her grief, but the situation appears unresolvable. Sounds like it's Thrustmaster's as much as Codemasters' issue. You'd think between two masters they might have been able to make it work, but I guess that word doesn't mean what it used to...

ChristinaMc 
August 30
Hey! And honestly, no, it's not annoying at all - I can understand why you're persistent in trying to find things out. Anything we say about this has to be approved by Thrustmaster, (which is why we're waiting for them to come back to us), so that's why you're seeing a delay in news. I've chased them again, but speaking candidly in terms of a fix, I don't think the outcome is going to be the one you're looking for. 

Once we have the nod from them to discuss it in more detail, then we will - but I hope the above gives you perhaps a little indication as to where we're at with them. I can only apologise that the back-and-forth between us and them has taken so long. 

Christina

Hello All,

Just bought a copy of Dirt Rally 2 days ago and a PS4. Invested also in a T300RS in the meanwhile. Tested. Tried to find a solution for hours. Came to this topic :-).

Are they still trying to do something here ? because my FFB is very weak almost non excistent :-(. Same wheel works perfect on Assetto Corsa..

Updated Firmare to version 25 and set up the wheel as found on this forum, now it's better. Gravel feels quite ok now but tarmac is still way to weak.

Anyone ..?

Hello All,

Just bought a copy of Dirt Rally 2 days ago and a PS4. Invested also in a T300RS in the meanwhile. Tested. Tried to find a solution for hours. Came to this topic :-).

Are they still trying to do something here ? because my FFB is very weak almost non excistent :-(. Same wheel works perfect on Assetto Corsa..

I'm in the same boat as you. I've just bought dirt and thought the ffb was crap. Then found these forums. It's been out for 6 months and hasn't been fixed. I think I've wasted 30 quid. Total garbage.

Guys, I have just ordered a T300 to play DR and run into this topic. Is this for real??? Are both masters haven't fixed this yet? Can someone please inform me about current situation, I'm hugely disappointed..   :/

ChristinaMc  August 30
Hey! And honestly, no, it's not annoying at all - I can understand why you're persistent in trying to find things out. Anything we say about this has to be approved by Thrustmaster, (which is why we're waiting for them to come back to us), so that's why you're seeing a delay in news. I've chased them again, but speaking candidly in terms of a fix, I don't think the outcome is going to be the one you're looking for. 

Once we have the nod from them to discuss it in more detail, then we will - but I hope the above gives you perhaps a little indication as to where we're at with them. I can only apologise that the back-and-forth between us and them has taken so long. 

Christina

Christina,

Can we get an update on this?  I don't understand all the secrecy? Payers have already confirmed that force feedback & center spring response on the T300RS (PS4) wheel while played on other games like, Assetto Corsa, DriveClub, Project Cars, etc is fine.  Dirt Rally is weak.

Can your team not test a T300RS (PS4) and TX (Xbox) wheel in the office and compare the both?  you will see what other players are reporting.

If it is a bug or issue with the PS4 driver, then why is Thrustmaster not providing a fix?

I have Dirt Rally and now purchased the PSVR update but the T300 force feedback issue needs to be resolved. People are supporting your product but the t300 force feedback on the ps4 is not right.

look forward to your response.

Still not fixed issues with T300. After so many months... And looks like Dirt 4 have the same issue. Support cannot confirm there will be any future updates for Dirt Rally on PS4. So we are left with broken game, even when our wheel is officially on the supported hardware list. 

I agree, codemasters needs to address this ASAP.  How did this issue slide into Dirt 4.  

Enough is enough.  Just fix the FB with the t300 on the ps4.

Do they not have a t300 and TX to compare and test in the office?

Thought I'd pop back in to see that surely, SURELY by now there's been some kind of fix, or announcement, or something
Nope! 
Shocking. The thing I find most annoying is that they made out like a fix was coming. If I'd known straight away there wasn't going to be one I'd have returned the game and saved myself £40 for something I've barely played.

I read that if you uninstall then reinstall the game, the ffb works as it should. Make sure you have the latest ps4 software version first. Please can you let me know if it worked for you.

@Monkiusz I don't have a t300 but am considering getting one. I just wanted to know if this reinstall fix worked or not, as I only play for dirt rally. It's interesting it didn't work for you, as I've read from 2 ppl it worked. Was there any difference at all?

Not sure if there is a digital version. I play on a crappy laptop at the moment. Ideally I was looking to get a ps4+vr and a t300, but if like you said the reinstall doesn't work, I'll have to go for either a xbox with a tx, or a ps4+vr with a g29. Such a shame.

I don't tried that on the latest ps4 firmware so better don't base just on my opinion mate. I have a lot of work now so don't have even a time to check if it works or not. Somebody else could confirm.