Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xbox One, TH8A and E-Brake.

I've waited SO long for this to be released on the console. You guys delivered the goods in a major way! Thanks!

Anyone found a way to use the TH8A as an E-brake on Xbone?

I have just posted a similar question but for the ps4 . I've tried to assign the handbrake to it but it doesn't work .

I read the TH8A on PS4 has to be used via USB plug to get handbrake, also read it would not work on Xbone.

MLT24 is right. Connect the shifter via USB on the PS4.

Scroll down the page here:
https://www.facebook.com/ThrustmasterOfficial

I would assume if it were possible on the Xbone Codemasters would have included it. :(

Actually, here's the exact info from TM's Facebook page:

DiRT on PlayStation 4 allows you to get the most out of your Thrustmaster TH8 Shifter: Handbrake + Sequential + H-Pattern Settings !!!

# This is possible with T150, T300 and T500 racing wheels
# You can now use three TH8 Shifters simultaneously!
# Shifters can be connected to the wheel’s DIN connector or to the PS4’s USB port
# Handbrake mode: compatible with the sequential plate when connected to the PS4 USB port
# Sequential Gear Up & Gear Down mode: compatible in Sequential-Mode when connected to the wheel’s DIN connector or to the PS4 USB port

# H Pattern – Gear 1-7 + R mode: compatible in H-Mode when connected to the wheel’s DIN connector or to the PS4 USB port

How??? Go to Options / Controls then adjust the settings

Enjoy!

Narzugon said:
Actually, here's the exact info from TM's Facebook page:

DiRT on PlayStation 4 allows you to get the most out of your Thrustmaster TH8 Shifter: Handbrake + Sequential + H-Pattern Settings !!!

# This is possible with T150, T300 and T500 racing wheels
# You can now use three TH8 Shifters simultaneously!
# Shifters can be connected to the wheel’s DIN connector or to the PS4’s USB port
# Handbrake mode: compatible with the sequential plate when connected to the PS4 USB port
# Sequential Gear Up & Gear Down mode: compatible in Sequential-Mode when connected to the wheel’s DIN connector or to the PS4 USB port

# H Pattern – Gear 1-7 + R mode: compatible in H-Mode when connected to the wheel’s DIN connector or to the PS4 USB port

How??? Go to Options / Controls then adjust the settings

Enjoy!

Nice one thanks for posting this :). Looks like i need to buy a usb hub why didn't sony put an extra usb at the back of the console make life easier.

Figured out a way to get by:

Put shifter in H-Gate mode.

Map gear 4 to E-Brake.

Optional: Loosen the shifter so it's loose (side adjustment).

Optional: Block the 3rd gate with something that extends into the middle a bit.

Optional: Put a rubber band on the shifter and fasten to something so that it will pull the shifter out of the 4rth gate when you release it.

I had these 1" in diameter furniture feet made of rubber. I stuck two together to get right thickness. I lodged it into the 3rd gate. It's a snug fit, does not harm the gate and extends a bit into the middle which shortens the throw of the shifter.

I put a long rubber band over the shifter and out to the corner of my wheel deck. It provides the right amount of tension to snap the shifter back when you release it.

Narzugon said:

Map gear 4 to E-Brake.

Optional: Put a rubber band on the shifter and fasten to something so that it will pull the shifter out of the 4rth gate when you release it.

I had these 1" in diameter furniture feet made of rubber. I stuck two together to get right thickness. I lodged it into the 3rd gate. It's a snug fit, does not harm the gate and extends a bit into the middle which shortens the throw of the shifter.

I put a long rubber band over the shifter and out to the corner of my wheel deck. It provides the right amount of tension to snap the shifter back when you release it.

I was just wondering. Does this mean you have to run automatic gears? Or do the padel shifters on your wheel still work. I do hope thrustmaster eventually add a handbreak to their ecosystem. I'd buy on

I have done a kind of solution as already explained by Narzugon, but used the GEAR 2 on my TH8A shifter for the handbrake. Works perfectly on the Xbox One. See it there -->  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGBp0aVTUoc

-------

Narzugon said:

Map gear 4 to E-Brake.

Hey guys,

Since I got my Thrustmaster TMX Pro, I have been wondering whether I could add both the TH8A and the hand brake together for when I play on forza, as well could anyone recommend a stand for this setup on a budget.

in ps4 put the handbrake with wheel and th8a in USB ps4 , for 2 Tss Handbrake ( handbrake + sequential ) buy TMS hub or wait update ps4 for have  ability  to put Tss H in usb ps4 port . maybe is same for xbox one .