DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1.1. Impressions so far

Rallycross Minis are a lot of fun, cute little guys.

Crest is great. But sort of embarassing if you compare yourself to the wrong drivers. You know who I'm speaking of.

Menu has a much better contrast between fonts and background now.

The Renaults are sheer beauty. If they were any prettier, I'd marry them right away. Maybe move to the countryside, have a few Alpines of our own... The A110 handles almost too good and the other 60's cars are no match for it. And the R5 turbo of course belongs to the Group B RWD'S, not the late 80's Group A's. But that's the only negative so far. I really really like what they have added with this update.

crest i been asking that they add custom races also. this would be amazing and would show whos legit and times possible.

I love the game so far but it would be nice to be able to use a rally car up pikes peak as opposed to only hill climb cars.

IMO the Renaults belong a class above where they currently reside. The Alpine has performance more akin to the 70s cars and the R5 is more like a Group B.

Crest looks really useful and hopefully it can be made available for custom events as well.

I'm not too sure about the new backgrounds. They look quite low in resolution to be honest :/

1.1 look rushed to me. In a lot of fixes like getting rid of shortcuts could have be done many months earlier. 

The patch had to be a lot bigger. Old bugs still exists here and there. Now we have new bugs. Do you even test your patches properly Codies? Take me as bug tester and you have the best person in the whole wide world. Deaf people notice stuff much better and clearer. 

For now I think the patch was "rushed"; concentrated too much on consolerelease, marketing en other non game stuff. Too bad cause early acces was amazing, but the aftersupport is not of the same level.

Conclusion: some bugs and issues had to be fixed months earlier. 1.1 patch notes could be much larger; fixing more stuff, even de action background aren't properly made for triples. Introducing more features like more damage etc. Good early access. Bad aftersupport. 

Suggestion? Overhaul your QA Team. Let testers test, ask what is wrong, what can be better, and help each other to create better patches for in he future, cause this is embrassing

Obviously, we don't talk about the same game.

YoMrWhite said:

Obviously you don't focus on the same areas as RinusRally to notice issues. He is right. A lot of issues known since v1.0 are still there.
On the other side, it was expected not all things will be fixed in this patch. So we can have hope it will be done in near future.

MaXyMsrpl said:
YoMrWhite said:

Obviously you don't focus on the same areas as RinusRally to notice issues. He is right. A lot of issues known since v1.0 are still there.
On the other side, it was expected not all things will be fixed in this patch. So we can have hope it will be done in near future.

Maybe you are right. I'm not scanning the game for glitches and minor bugs and above all, I don't expect it to be exactly like I wish it should be. We all have different priorities and preferences and one game can't cover them all. Of course that doesn't mean there shouldn't be bugfixing in the future.

Bought all the new cars and started upgrading process with Loeb's car only to find out that there's no way to upgrade it currently. I mean you can't do championship or custom championship with modern hillclimb, you can only drive it in custom event. And custom events don't upgrade your car. So is the only chance to wait until it's in dailies and try to upgrade it through that? On the other hand, I don't think whether upgrading it matters because you can't drive any championship with it and custom events always use upgraded cars... Any thoughts on this?

cheets said:
Bought all the new cars and started upgrading process with Loeb's car only to find out that there's no way to upgrade it currently. I mean you can't do championship or custom championship with modern hillclimb, you can only drive it in custom event. And custom events don't upgrade your car. So is the only chance to wait until it's in dailies and try to upgrade it through that? On the other hand, I don't think whether upgrading it matters because you can't drive any championship with it and custom events always use upgraded cars... Any thoughts on this?
The cars are fully upgraded when playing custom event. It just doesn't say it. 

Minimum Steering Input tutorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwR_mUqRVvk

Quick fix, reduce steering rotation to 180 degree or lower. :)
Massive performance increase.

It's more about more steering input in the least amount of time while the car can without understeering. Obviously you have to respect excessive weight transition.

That's exactly what I said :) The question was that is the car upgradable at all and is there really any reason to upgrade it since it seems we can only use it on events where it's fully upgraded?

cheets said:
 is there really any reason to upgrade it since it seems we can only use it on events where it's fully upgraded?
^ You've just answered your own question. No there is no point.

If I recall correct the Modern Peug can only be used in custom events due to licensing?