Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What wheel do you use?

Love to hear what wheel you guys are using and your experience from them.
And maybe your setup/settings for the wheel.

I went from a thustmaster T80 to a T150 just for DR.
The ffb adds so much, can't believe i drove without it.

I got everything on 150% except tyre slip that is on default.

Edit*
What does wheel friction do? Please explain so that someone who knows little about ffb wheels understand.

Logitech G29, with band modded shifter as handbrake, android phone mounted for the hoped for UDP app in future (Use it now on Pcars) Modded Open Wheeler rig, 5" riser welded to base and new location to put shifter right next to corner of chair, Playseat modded adjustable foot pedal board and adjustable keyboard stand with all important drink holder (lol) and a Dayton 230w running my Clark Synthesis Platinum Tactile Transducer. Pedals modded with GTEYE Springs. All sitting in front of a 92" TV... whew! Seems like a lot to just look out my windshield upside down breaking through the trees... but then there we are.. I will keep practicing.

benttoe said:
What does wheel friction do? Please explain so that someone who knows little about ffb wheels understand.
It adds friction to your wheel, basically just making it harder to turn. I've got that one turned completely off and the rest are at 100%. I use a Logitech Driving Force GT with 540°

Sorry if its been posted awhile back.

Thanks for answering about friction. Mine is set to 140% and thats because i want an "old" experience since i mainly drive 60's through 80's cars.

Didzis said:
benttoe said:
It adds friction to your wheel, basically just making it harder to turn. I've got that one turned completely off and the rest are at 100%. I use a Logitech Driving Force GT with 540°
Same, also use a Logitech Driving Force GT with 540°.

Sorry I went off topic a little there lol.. I had decreased mine originally, but returned it to 100% I like the feel better at 100%

Thrustmaster T300RS, TP3A pedals, TH8A H shifter on PS4, my seat is an old leather Toyota Avensis one, bolted to an office chair base. 
I've yet to get the FFB settings to my liking, but today's the day for fiddling with them. 

Been tweaking resolution more now and limiting collision ff a bit so slight off trail is a ltitle smooted out.  I had turned soft lock off, big mistake . It was fine for mini, but when I tried a different car it was crazy uncontrollable with the soft lock off setting I had. I guess I have learned if you soft lock off you would have to reset for like every car. 

I wish i could have a good g27 or t300 if only i could find one in good condition around my area..
you do know you can buy things off the internet used and new lol?             Does a wheel make that much of a difference compared to a controller or is it just for a" immersive experience".

I wish i could have a good g27 or t300 if only i could find one in good condition around my area..
you do know you can buy things off the internet used and new lol?             Does a wheel make that much of a difference compared to a controller or is it just for a" immersive experience".
It's night and day... Throw in a raceseat and good headphones and you are good to go.